Thread: Clubbing and Fashion in Moscow

Новичок

Clubbing and Fashion in Moscow

Privet =)

My partner and I will be visiting Moscow (and STP) for a couple of weeks in April/May, and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on what would be a suitable style for a young (early 20s) couple into clubbing etc :P

I was also wondering if anyone could recommend any good night-clubs in Moscow (I like DJ Cvetkoff, Irina Saltykova, HardHouse, techno etc)

Thanks in advance,

Derek.

Завсегдатай

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    Very nice Pravit but how about a cowbow hat and cowboy boots with a nice pair of short pants off set with a stylish Hawiian shirt.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Завсегдатай
    do a search for "The hungry duck".

Although i think that the night club isn't even open anymore, it was so popular there should be thousands of links to it and ones like it in moscow.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Старший оракул
    You'll have a fantastic time, I'm sure. Moscow is right up there with other top European capitals for its clubbing scene - not that I'm into that stuff really, but I have been to a few clubs there and from what I've heard and seen, Moscow's nightlife isn't bad at all.

There are a couple of English language entertainment listings that you'll find placed strategically around the town center, in bars, hotels etc.

As to style, can't help, but someone tell me, please, that the girls have stopped wearing those wicked-witch-of-the-west shoes

Oh, btw, the Hungry Duck isn't quite what you're looking for ... I seem to remember one called "Karma Bar" or something that I liked, but it wasn't dancey/techno or whatever you call it. Then there was one other called Propaganda ... err but anyway this was over a year ago so I don't know what's good. I'm sure some young Muscovite here will help you out
    Море удачи и дачу у моря

Завсегдатай
    YEA. Wtf is up with those shoes? OMFG they are so ugly and EVERYBODY thinks so exept for the girls who wear them. Crazy.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Новичок
    Thanks very much, everyone

hmmm, perhaps I should dress up like a tourist to try getting into some of the members-only clubs ;p (lol, though I doubt I'd suit wearing a bumbag/'fannypack' and a camera round my neck :P)

I noticed a few clubs mention "face control", you think that means they won't let you in if you're ugly?

Завсегдатай
    probly just if you're not russian.