Thread: What to do (and buy) now?

Новичок

What to do (and buy) now?

I'm a few tapes away from completing all three of the pimsleur Russian language system. Expensive, but well worth it. Amazon has them at $200 USD a go and you can sell them for about $125 at least on Ebay. My native Russian teacher was impressed with my pronunciation at any rate.

Anyway, I work rather menial jobs (janitorial, construction, ect) to put myself through college. Language tapes and a walkman made good use of otherwise boring times. Now, I'm not sure what to buy next. I'm looking for something that is audio only, as I can't sit down and read booklets while I work. I'm looking for something that builds basic vocabulary. I love how the pimsleur tapes "flowed" and am looking for something with a similar teaching style.

One other thing. There is a rather large community of Russian immigrants where I live. Most, both children and adults, don't speak English and the schools are having trouble dealing with and teaching the children. I plan on helping out a few of the teachers with my Russian skills from time to time. Any audio programs out there that focus on kindergarten level stuff like colors, months of the year, animals, and the like?

P.S. Oh, I have 1.5 years of College level Russian under my belt. I would be taking right now except the #$%#@# college board cut the language funding! Hence my need for "self taught" materal

P.S.S. Hehe. Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin taught me plenty about swearing. I'm ready for the little "darlings".

Почётный участник
    Maybe they could teach you Russian as you teach them English. I would love to be in your shoes. But, I can't recommend anything, as I am looking for some vocabulary builders myself.
    Yay! I broke 200 posts!

Почётный участник
    i have a boyfriend who teaches me most of my russian
    her:"yah hachoo.."
    Me:....."BLESS YOU"

Почётный участник
    Well then I'm jealous of you, too. Oh, to have somebody to teach me how to say everything I want to say... *thoughtful sigh*....but I guess I can't have everything I want. *patiently ponders this revelation*
    Yay! I broke 200 posts!

Почётный участник
    Quote Originally Posted by emka71aln
    Well then I'm jealous of you, too. Oh, to have somebody to teach me how to say everything I want to say... *thoughtful sigh*....but I guess I can't have everything I want. *patiently ponders this revelation*
    hehe, yea, its great. he is a really good teacher too, he explains everything so well......gosh..he is so sexy
    anyways, im sure you have people in your school that are russian, get them to help!
    her:"yah hachoo.."
    Me:....."BLESS YOU"