Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Pimsleur Progress

Quote Originally Posted by Grogs
    Quote Originally Posted by Оля
    Возможно, это произносит не русский?
    You're asking 'Is it possible it mispronounces the Russian here?' I've been studying Russian for a grand total of 3 weeks now, so I had to pull out the dictionary on that phrase. Certainly possible, but doesn't seem to be the case here.
    Actually, she asked: "Maybe it wasn't a Russian pronouncing it?"
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Завсегдатай
    Где здесь хороший ресторан?
    It's ресторан.

Не сразу заметила.
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Властелин
    Hello,
    Please help me fix my many mistakes in this part of the lesson. Part 2 to come later.

Thank you,

Scott

P.S. Thank you Vincent Tailors and Оля for the help on the last lesson!

Level 3 – Lesson 27

У вас уще есть виза? - Do you already have a visa?
    Из Крыма (g.c.) - From Crimea.
    Там было не очень много (g.c.) места. - Over there (on the train) wasn't very much space.
    Ваши документы пожалуйста. - Your documents please.
    Пожалуйста, вот мои документы. - Please, here are my documents.
    Мне (d.c.) лучше позвонить в посольство (a.c.)? - Is it better for me to call the embassy?
    Нет, это не нужно. - No this is not necessary.
    У вас в квартире (p.c.) есть телефон? - Do you have a telephone in your apartment?
    Но к сожалению отсюда нельзя позвонить в Америку (a.c.). – But unfortunately from here it's impossible to call to America.
    Американская посольство. - The American Embassy.
    Через полчаса я должен/должна поехать к нему/ней (d.c.). – In half an hour I'm supposed to drive to his/her place.
    Где мои ключи (plural of ключ)? – Where are my keys?
    Где ключи от машины (g.c.)? - Where are the car keys?

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by fortheether
    У вас еще есть виза? ("Ваша виза еще действует?" is better) - Do you already have a visa?

Ваши документы, пожалуйста. - Your documents please.

Но, к сожалению, отсюда нельзя позвонить в Америку (a.c.). – But unfortunately from here it's impossible to call to America.

Американское посольство. - The American Embassy.
    Пожалуйста is ALWAYS singled out with two commas (if it isn't in the end or in the beginning of a sentence - then with one comma).

P.S. The same about "к сожалению".
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Властелин
    У вас еще есть виза? ("Ваша виза еще действует?" is better) - Do you already have a visa?

Pimsleur says it like this:
    У вас уще есть виза?
    Is it totally wrong?

Ваши документы, пожалуйста. - Your documents please.

Но, к сожалению, отсюда нельзя позвонить в Америку (a.c.). – But unfortunately from here it's impossible to call to America.

Американское посольство. - The American Embassy.
    Пожалуйста is ALWAYS singled out with two commas (if it isn't in the end or in the beginning of a sentence - then with one comma).

P.S. The same about "к сожалению".
    Thank you for the comma lessons also!

а может это было так?

У вас уже есть виза?

Так оно совпадает с переводом: Do you already have a visa?

Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie
    а может это было так?

У вас уже есть виза?

Ах да, конечно!
    Там просто щ вместо ж...

fortheether, the first sentence should be "У вас уже есть виза? - Do you already have a visa?"

Властелин
    [quote=kalinka_vinnie]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Оля":3dealv50
    а может это было так?

У вас уже есть виза?

I was spelling it wrong!!! You are right. Thank you

[/quote:3dealv50]

Властелин
    [quote=Оля]
    Quote Originally Posted by "kalinka_vinnie":2838mer5
    а может это было так?

У вас уже есть виза?

Ах да, конечно!
    Там просто щ вместо ж...

fortheether, the first sentence should be "У вас уже есть виза? - Do you already have a visa?"[/quote:2838mer5]

I have a white board by my computer and put words on it for practice. Ещё is right above уже. I was combining them into one word!!! Thank you!

Властелин
    Hello,
    Please help me fix the rest of this lesson.

Thank you,

Scott

Вот они. - Here they (car keys) are.
    Я слышал/слышала об этом (p.c.). - I heard about that.
    Я слышал/слышала что вы должны провести там месяц. – I heard that you were supposed to spend a month there.
    Да, я должен/должна провести там четыре недели (g.c. plural). - Yes I'm supposed to spend four weeks there.
    Нет, я слышал/слышала что это нетрудно. - No I heard that this is not difficult.
    Что мне (d.c.) будет нужно взять с собой (i.c.)? - What will I need to take with me?
    Ровно в девять часов. - Exactly at 9 o'clock.
    Где вы искали? - Where did you look?

Властелин
    Grogs,
    Here is level 1 in the proper order. If you have any changes or additions to the notes please post them.

Scott
    Спасибо Scott.

I've got lessons 1-9 broken down by lesson, so I'll start posting them up shortly. That would probably be useful to anyone starting on the Pimsleur series since they could follow along with the lessons as they go through them. I've been using the lesson-by-lesson vocab list posted elsewhere on this forum to try and pronounce all of the new words before each lesson and I find it helps. There are some bits of the 3rd edition that are different as well (Да нет is gone from lesson 4 for example) as well. After Lesson 18, I'll just stick with changes/additions since you've already got the rest pretty well covered.
    Maybe there should be a seperate thread for the three different levels of the lessons? What do you think?

Scott

Завсегдатай
    Я слышал/слышала, что вы должны провести там месяц. – I heard that you were supposed to spend a month there.

Нет, я слышал/слышала, что это нетрудно. - No I heard that this is not difficult.

Почтенный гражданин
    Does Pimsleur really translate that as 'Please, here are my documents?' I couldn't imagine ever saying that (in English) unless I was pleading with someone, i.e., "Please let me in! Please, here are my documents." If you're just handing over your documents because the man at customs asked for it, I'd think 'Пожалуйста, вот мои документы' would be translated 'Certainly, here are my documents' or 'Of course, here are my documents.'

Почтенный гражданин
    Grogs,
    Here is level 1 in the proper order. If you have any changes or additions to the notes please post them.

Scott
    Спасибо Scott.

I've got lessons 1-9 broken down by lesson, so I'll start posting them up shortly. That would probably be useful to anyone starting on the Pimsleur series since they could follow along with the lessons as they go through them. I've been using the lesson-by-lesson vocab list posted elsewhere on this forum to try and pronounce all of the new words before each lesson and I find it helps. There are some bits of the 3rd edition that are different as well (Да нет is gone from lesson 4 for example) as well. After Lesson 18, I'll just stick with changes/additions since you've already got the rest pretty well covered.
    Maybe there should be a seperate thread for the three different levels of the lessons? What do you think?

Scott
    That's fair enough since this thread is already so massive. Posting up all 3 levels in one thread is no problem once they've been finalized, but the process of posting each lesson and getting it checked takes quite a few posts. I'll make a new thread and post my future Level I lessons there.

Властелин
    Does Pimsleur really translate that as 'Please, here are my documents?' I couldn't imagine ever saying that (in English) unless I was pleading with someone, i.e., "Please let me in! Please, here are my documents." If you're just handing over your documents because the man at customs asked for it, I'd think 'Пожалуйста, вот мои документы' would be translated 'Certainly, here are my documents' or 'Of course, here are my documents.'
    That's the way they say it on the lesson. There are some more that don't sound right in English. As you will find out.

Властелин
    Grogs,

Scott
    Спасибо Scott.

Scott
    That's fair enough since this thread is already so massive. Posting up all 3 levels in one thread is no problem once they've been finalized, but the process of posting each lesson and getting it checked takes quite a few posts. I'll make a new thread and post my future Level I lessons there.
    If you want to make one document with what's been done already and you just add/correct etc. as you go. That would be fine.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122