Thread: New to Russian too

Новичок

New to Russian too

hey im a noob. I m learning Russian for this Russian girl. yeh she can't speak much english and would be easier for her to speak Russian. I got all da alphabets down.. wuz next? Grammar part.. i dun get those charts thingy in da websites =.= grrr... like what will i need to add to the verb Eat to say "i Eat, and You eat and etc?" thanx. like im so lost at what's next after da alphabets?

Завсегдатай
    Yo dawg. Like, das rite. Rushin is like, da hardest thing mang.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Подающий надежды оратор

Re: New to Russian too

Quote Originally Posted by lucky_stitch1221
    she can't speak much english

So the two of you have something in common.

Подающий надежды оратор
    I gotta say.. That was pretty damn funny DB!

Hey Luckystitch... Do a search on google "learn russian." and read the post here.. You'll find a ton of info on resources...

Подающий надежды оратор
    10 LET SARCASM=1
    20 PRINT "Lucky, You may want to learn English first before taking on Russian"
    30 LET SARCASM=0

Really man, theres no need to write on this site like some half literate gangster hoodlum (although if you are on the WeAreHardCoolMoFoGangsterRappers.com website then it may be different). This is a site for learning Russian. What you want to do here is put 'ov' on the end of the words and put in random constanants all over the place..... no, no, must stop.... must.... offer.... honest advice.

Ill try again.

Ok, first thing i would say is motivation. Youre doing this for a girl. Bravo. We men do lots of stupid things for women and learning Russian at least doesnt get anyone killed. Better than Zeus who seduced a nymph by giving her a golder shower.... erm no wait, he turned himself into a golden shower... much better. However, do you have the motivation? If you do then you WILL learn one way or another.

Secondly, dont worry about the horrendous tables showing lots of different verb forms and adjectives. I did (and still do) worry about them but the more i learn of russian the less of a problem it seems to be. You find that although there are a million different forms for the verbs/adjectives/nouns its not a complicated langauge when you get down to it. Like most langauges it has its rules/exceptions and on occasion sheer bloody mindedness but at least Russian is structured unlike English!!!

For me learning the rules to the language seems to be the solution to my learning problems (if you browse through earlier posts you will see my first tentative comments and see my frustration with learning). With the help of a bit of study and Dogboy's advice and help and other peoples useful comments im finding that slowly the language is starting to make sense.

However, im rambling on a bit and try and get back on subject. Everyone is different and different things work for them. Ask 10 people what helped them learn Russian and you may very well get 10 different answers. However, as some advice as a starting point get this girls to teach you the basics. Ask her how you say things like, i want, i need, give me, take it, please, thank you, you me, we they, and a very useful phrase: i love you - which you can use many times. Then as you learn more, things things start coming together and suddenly you will start seeing patterns where non seemed to exist before.

And speak the phrases/words you do learn as often as possible. Get used to speaking and pronouncing the words. When talking to this girl use Russian where you can and if you dont know the russian word say the english. She may know the English word anyway.

And always keep a Russian/English dictionary handy when youre trying to talk to her. Very uesful.

Ill give you a freebie phrase as well that may come in useful.

ya nye ponemayoo / я не понимаю - I dont understand
    Ive lost count with the number of times ive used this one.

Hope some of this at least is useful and not just the rantings of a madman.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein

Завсегдатай
    Loki, it was nice of you to write an essay for him, but the sad thing is, he will probly never read it.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Почётный участник
    Hez probly on AOL or CounterStrike usin des tight slovas and skazating to all his h0miez in da hood. Tat aight wit j00 foo?

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    Why bother to teach him Russian. He would only butcher it as he does English.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Подающий надежды оратор
    Ah, and there is me trying to be helpful. :-(
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    Well I thought it was helpfull anyway, Loki. )
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Подающий надежды оратор
    Poor poor Lucky_stitch... hehe he's just in love yo dudes...
    ...remember what it feels like?

helpful little helpers... (not you Loki & Vino)

this is not a test...

DDT
    Yes, I do remember now. Ah! to be young and in love. Everything looks fresher, colours look brighter.................I think I'll beat him up and take his girl!.........LOL )

DDT
    Yes, I do remember now. Ah! to be young and in love. Everything looks fresher, colours look brighter.................I think I'll beat him up and take his girl!.........LOL )

DDT

DDT

DDT
    Whoa.......had trouble with that one!

Почётный участник
    I myself have not experienced love (if the definition states that they must like you back). So i will continue to harass people who talk like 13 year old Counter Strike players.

Подающий надежды оратор
    LOL... DDT.... A little problem with your postings there?

Подающий надежды оратор
    hahaha! YOU BIG BULLIES!
    (DDT really proved his point there )
    Jealousy ma-akes you na-a-asty...
    You can laugh at him, but he's still with this Russian babe and you guys are single and bitter
    this is not a test...