Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cyrilic letters with accents

Почтенный гражданин
    In Spanish keyboards firstly accent is typed and then the letter on which it goes. But apart from this I have tried different ways and only works this of " letter + Unicode + 0301" and that is enough for solving my problem. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by radomir View Post
    In Spanish keyboards firstly accent is typed and then the letter on which it goes. But apart from this I have tried different ways and only works this of " letter + Unicode + 0301" and that is enough for solving my problem. Thanks.
    But I don't see how typing unicode + 0301 differs from pasting it from the keyboard...
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Почтенный гражданин

Abt U+0301

The first time I want to put the accent on, let us say, я , I have to choose "Unicode" + 0301, but the next time I just enter to "Symbols" and press to "Include" since the election for 0301, unless changed, is kept.
    Surely a macro could be made in order to asign this movements (Change to symbols + Include, or even select Unicode +0301+Include) to a key; by now it is over my (not too wide) science; if I get this macro it would quite a success. Bye.

Code:
    Sub InsertAcuteAccent()
        Selection.InsertSymbol CharacterNumber:=&H301, Unicode:=True
    End Sub
    Add a module to your Normal.dot, add this sub to it and assign a hotkey

Почтенный гражданин

Tks

Quote Originally Posted by Ramil View Post
    Code:
    Sub InsertAcuteAccent()
        Selection.InsertSymbol CharacterNumber:=&H301, Unicode:=True
    End Sub
    Add a module to your Normal.dot, add this sub to it and assign a hotkey
    I will put to it. I have done a lot of programs in Visual Basic 6.0 but it doesn't run in Windows7 (however the programs made, yes). I will see what you say. Thanks.

Старший оракул
    The dialog "Insert symbol" has a button at it's bottom named... eh "Сочетание клавиш" in the Russian version. Just press this button. You don't need any Visual basic skill at all. Select the symbol, press the button, hold Ctrl or Alt and press any key that you like (the apostrophe, for example), press "Assign" and use the key combination when you want to enter the accent.

Почтенный гражданин
    I see what you say and I will take advantadge of it. Thanks.

Почтенный гражданин
    As an alternative, one can use this online character picker: http://rishida.net/scripts/pickers/latin/
    To get the combining acute accent, move cursor overshapeaabove.pngand then click on0301.png

A nice thing about macros is that you can assign a keyboard shortcut to it. Of course you can use Insert Symbol dialog box, but imagine when you're typing a rather large text and you need to insert acute accents to all of the words. Your typing will be turtle slow if you switch from keyboard to mouse and back constantly.

P.S. And I've heard people actually managed to run VB6 programs and its IDE under Windows 7.

Почтенный гражданин

Abt use of accented character

Really I don't write quantities of text in Russian; after studying a text I take the words that I need to keep in mind and write them. As for a, e, o, y accented, no problem, they can be got easily in Spanish keyboard. You have shown various ways to solve my initial aproblem.
    As for programs produced through VB6 I have some of them running perfectly on Windows7. I have tried to install the same VB6 and I get a lot of errors and warnings. Presently I don't work this matter so I have put it aside. I have read that making plenty of changes can be used too in Windows7, but I have no time nor much interest now in it. I made programs as a hobby; I'm an economist.
    Thank you.

Почтенный гражданин
    From Ramil:
    A nice thing about macros is that you can assign a keyboard shortcut to it. Of course you can use Insert Symbol dialog box, but imagine when you're typing a rather large text and you need to insert acute accents to all of the words. Your typing will be turtle slow if you switch from keyboard to mouse and back constantly.

To Ramil:
    I have been trying what you have said and the macro works fine... but in Spanish (grrrrr !!) not in Russian. I have changed tha language at the botton of screen, I have changed the font and it is the same, it works perfectly in Spanish but not in Russian, it pays no внимание abt my commands. By now it is not a problem, I have an other solution so... Thanks.

Out of curiosity, when you were assigning your keyboard shortcut which combination did you use?

Почтенный гражданин

Word 2010 Starter doesn't admit macros (!)

Out of curiosity, when you were assigning your keyboard shortcut which combination did you use?
    Opening a file that presents "marks" and trying to hide them I get the message: "Word 2010 Starter doestn't support macros nor the operation you are trying to do. Please, buy the full program". Ha.
    I was using the combination Ctl+', but as I said it worked just in Spanish and when in Russian is was like this: A' .
    Definitely I will uninstall Word 2010 Starter and install Word 2007. It takes from me more time these collateral works than the main task.
    Thanks.

Почтенный гражданин
    I have changed Office installing full version of 2007 and the macro works perfectly. Thank you.

Подающий надежды оратор grammatica's Avatar
    Most commonly used fonts in MS Office 2007/2010 support Russian characters with stress marks.

You can use our application to automatically insert stress marks in any Russian text. After pasting your text into Grammatica, you can copy it and paste it into Word and all the words should have stress marks. Just make sure to use a standard font (Times New Roman, Calibri, Segoe UI).

A quick screenshot:

stress_copying.jpg

You can download a 20 day trial of Grammatica by clicking on the link in my signature. After 20 days, you'll need to get a license key to continue using Grammatica. We are planning on releasing a pretty big update to our application in the next few weeks - it will Grammatica a lot more responsive and stable.

Best regards,

Vlad
    www.grammatica.eu - Grammatica is an application that helps you analyze grammar, displays stress marks and turns any Russian text into learning material.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12