Thread: Why won't any avatars of mine load ?

Завсегдатай

Why won't any avatars of mine load ?

Well ?
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Увлечённый спикер
    I think most people are having that problem, myself included. There are a few topics in this section that mention this problem.
    http://masterrussian.net/mforum/viewtopic.php?t=2436
    http://masterrussian.net/mforum/viewtopic.php?t=2422

JB
    Старший оракул
    Half of my smiley faces have become little red Xs. And the ones that are left have turned into "total delete" buttons. Everytime I try to insert a smiley, *POOF* everything I wrote vanishes
    Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

JB
    Старший оракул
    Hmmmm, more weirdness. Now when I use the keyboard for emotions I get smileys!!!!

Завсегдатай

Re: Why won't any avatars of mine load ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy182
    Well ?
    They're all in extremely bad taste. A bad taste filter has been installed to check avatars, don't you know?

Half of my smiley faces have become little red Xs. And the ones that are left have turned into "total delete" buttons. Everytime I try to insert a smiley, *POOF* everything I wrote vanishes
    Didn't you read my treatise about extraneous smileys? My camp is gaining ground. Soon, MasterRussian.net will be remembered as the staging ground for the Anti-Smiley revolution.

JB
    Старший оракул

Завсегдатай
    Pravit, you started a war. I am going to go practice my battlefield techniques on the blood stained grass of RESISTANCE ОФП !!! Once we smilie supporters are ready for the uprising, you will not be able to stop our superior weapons and training ! You are stuck with a outdated, inferior version 1.75... Muahahahaha. Resistance is our weapon to smilie liberation !
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Завсегдатай
    Actually, I'm stuck with outdated inferior version 1.46. Damn.

Do you remember that time you couldn't see some pic and V(or was it Mike, I don't remember) told you that there was a filter or something? Good times, good times.

Also, you seem to not understand that I don't mind smilies when used appropriately. It's throwing a little tongue-sticking-out smiley or a wink after every message when you really don't mean to be sticking your tongue out or winking that gets on my fighting side. If you mean to laugh, then I don't see anything wrong with using good old Mr.

mike
    Judging from the error output (specifically the first error message, the one saying that it cannot create a stream--in other words it cannot create an input stream to the hard drive to create the file) I would say the avatars directory does not have world-writable permissions. Usually the webserver uses a special username called nobody to do file access. This limits the security threat of giving people on the internet access to your webserver by allowing you to specify which directories and files it can or cannot access and what functions they can perform on those dirs/files. If he does something like this chmod -R 777 ./images/* it should be all right.

Another quick solution is to just store the image offsite. I use a place called photobucket.com to store images. I think they give you something like 2.5gb of bandwidth a month and 100mb. And it is free to register.

Завсегдатай
    Warning: copy(./images/avatars/7586924174094b6eeb5da7.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to create stream: Permission denied in /home/cust/m/a/masterrussian/www/net/mforum/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 227

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cust/m/a/masterrussian/www/net/mforum/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /home/cust/m/a/masterrussian/www/net/mforum/includes/page_header.php on line 474

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cust/m/a/masterrussian/www/net/mforum/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /home/cust/m/a/masterrussian/www/net/mforum/includes/page_header.php on line 476

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cust/m/a/masterrussian/www/net/mforum/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /home/cust/m/a/masterrussian/www/net/mforum/includes/page_header.php on line 477

This is the error it gives me when my avatar wont load. I have tried like 6 diffrent ones. Im ANGRY!!!! ПОМОГИ МНЕ

Попробуй ещё раз.
    ~ Мастерадминов Мастерадмин Мастерадминович ~

Завсегдатай
    я уже не хочу =P

Вот видишь, всё работает
    ~ Мастерадминов Мастерадмин Мастерадминович ~