Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RedFox
  • 1 Post By Eric C.

Thread: Who dominates political forum? What happened?

Hanna

Who dominates political forum? What happened?

This forum has obviously turned into a Russia bashing forum.
    Those Russians who had something good to say about their country have stopped coming here.

I get quite enough of Russia-bashing every time I open a British newspaper or turn on the TV. What I learn here nowadays adds nothing new, quite the opposite, it turns me off anything Russian.

Most Russians have faith in their country and a certain amount of pride in it, while obviously being aware of the problems. Those are the ones I am interested in hearing from here, not negative self-hating Russians.

Then there are two individuals who are not actually Russian and are not trying to learn Russian language, but allowed to hang out here and bash Russia in every thread that's created.

I get the impression that those running the forum don't mind that the political forum is actively scaring people off Russia. Well so be it - I was put off! I'll get language help elsewhere and I see no point in participating in the other forums under the present circumstances.

If anyone would like to see this forum get turned around into something more positive, then why not post here and let your voice be heard. I am out of here for the time being, but I'll check back in later when my present discouragement has worn off.

Hanna
    Ok, I see the thread was moved and title changed. No worries, just scrap it. I won't be posting in it because I see no point in participating in the forum at the moment.
    At least I tried. I'm out of here
    Hanna

Почтенный гражданин
    Hanna, I think you need to calm down. Also I don't think it is fair to demand: either they go, or I do.
    Political forum cannot take just one side, there always be heated conversations, sometimes even unpleasant ones. As long as "Russia bashing" stays inside political forum - people could avoid it if they feel uncomfortable.

Chill. It's not a perfect world but that never puts me off. And - except for 2 suspicious members (lol) - I don't think there's any real "Russia bashing" in the Political Forum. If I was a Russian, I wouldn't be very happy about everything that's happening and I would be screaming at Putin and the State Duma to fix the problems. It's not easy to stay positive when your dreams and plans are being seriously affected by the economy. So yeah, I totally do understand how a lot of Russians can be getting negative right now. They have a lot to deal with.

Just don't expect any country or any people to be perfect. Not being perfect is part of being human.
    "It's okay to feel lost. It only means you're alive." - Senses Fail
    Лучше смерть, чем бесчестие! Тем временем: Вечно молодой, Вечно пьяный. - Смысловые Галлюцинации, Чартова дюжина 2015!
    Пожалуйста, исправьте мои ошибки. Спасибо.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by UhOhXplode View Post
    If I was a Russian, I wouldn't be very happy about everything that's happening and I would be screaming at Putin and the State Duma to fix the problems.
    Сомневаюсь, что Путин читает MR.net
    Antonio1986 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFox View Post
    Сомневаюсь, что Путин читает MR.net
    LOL! True. But I would be standing on Red Square when I was screaming. Also, I'll be in front of the White House when I scream at Obama. That's the only way to be heard.
    Лучше смерть, чем бесчестие! Тем временем: Вечно молодой, Вечно пьяный. - Смысловые Галлюцинации, Чартова дюжина 2015!
    Пожалуйста, исправьте мои ошибки. Спасибо.

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by UhOhXplode View Post
    LOL! True. But I would be standing on Red Square when I was screaming. Also, I'll be in front of the White House when I scream at Obama. That's the only way to be heard.

I just can't resist quoting that brilliant Soviet joke about the two political systems, the American one and the Russian one.

An American and a Russian are arguing about their political systems. The American says, "In our country, I can go to the White House, go straight to the president's office, pound his desk and say, "Mr. President, I don't like the way you're running our country!" The Russian says, "We can do that too. I can go to the Kremlin, go straight to the general secretary's office, pound his desk, and say, "Mr. General Secretary, I don't like the way President Reagan is running his country!"

fortheether likes this.