Thread: Log-In Lifespan

Завсегдатай

Log-In Lifespan

How much time does it take to clear out all unusable logs-in? I see there are plenty of users registered at the forum and posting nothing for years; many of them are probably registered themselves and never showed up again.
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».

Почтенный гражданин
    It's not something that forum administrators generally do. It doesn't achieve much.
    Ленин пил
    Ленин пьёт
    Ленин будет пить

Yes, if space isn't an issue there's no reason to do it.

Though there are around 40+ members with a post count of 0.
    Please correct any Russian language mistakes I make.

DDL
    Увлечённый спикер
    Lots of people register on forums and then never come back. I've only known a few forum owners that actually remove the "zero post wonders" and I don't really see any need for it unless the administrator wants more free space.
    "You lost today kid, but that doesn't mean you have to like it." -- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

"We have found the enemy; and they are us." -- Airwolf.

Почтенный гражданин
    We're talking about enough space to store one photo or something, though. Not worth doing, generally.
    Ленин пил
    Ленин пьёт
    Ленин будет пить

Завсегдатай
    Hm, it's also the question of the good nick-names which were pegged by people and might be of use for other, more active.
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».

Завсегдатай
    well, perhaps someone signed just to be always able to see what post has appiered from the last their visit. It's just a matter of comfortable usage. They can appiere as hidden members.

Although I believe they are the most rare from the long list of signed members who never used this forum. It's difficult to find a right decision - if SiteAndin had enough of time he could stick a huge message that everyone who has left less than two posts (or has left nothing or wrote ten posts but does no more in past year with exception of the PenPals forum) should make him know that he needs to stay in the account. Everyone who did not answer can be told that he was signed off because of such and such reasons and can sign back any time. Is it possible to PM every zero-poster? And tell them that you have, say, four weeks and then we delete your account and no hard feelings.

Any e-mail box usually is being deleted automatically when no moves are evident during four months. Yahoo and Yandex do so.
    Я так думаю.