Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Разговор на рынке

  1. #1
    Подающий надежды оратор
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    RUssia
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    9

    Разговор на рынке

    -Это что это у вас на прилавке?
    -Это черная смородина.
    -А почему ягоды красные?
    -Да потому что она еще зеленая.

    Can you translate it for foreigners?

  2. #2
    Старший оракул
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    On 19 June, 1980
    Posts
    980
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Разговор на рынке

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakhalinec
    -Это что это у вас на прилавке?
    -Это черная смородина.
    -А почему ягоды красные?
    -Да потому что она еще зеленая.

    Can you translate it for foreigners?
    What is lying on the counter?
    It is blackberry
    Why is the berries red?
    Because it is verdant!!!

  3. #3
    Завсегдатай Ramil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Other Universe
    Posts
    8,501
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: Разговор на рынке

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuvak
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakhalinec
    -Это что это у вас на прилавке?
    -Это черная смородина.
    -А почему ягоды красные?
    -Да потому что она еще зеленая.

    Can you translate it for foreigners?
    What is lying on the counter?
    It is blackberry
    Why is the berries red?
    Because it is verdant!!!
    Because they're green.
    Send me a PM if you need me.

  4. #4
    Старший оракул
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    On 19 June, 1980
    Posts
    980
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Разговор на рынке

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramil
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuvak
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakhalinec
    -Это что это у вас на прилавке?
    -Это черная смородина.
    -А почему ягоды красные?
    -Да потому что она еще зеленая.

    Can you translate it for foreigners?
    What is lying on the counter?
    It is blackberry
    Why is the berries red?
    Because it is verdant!!!
    Because they're green.
    Зеленые в смысле недозревшие, не в смысле цвета!!!!

  5. #5
    Завсегдатай kalinka_vinnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sunnyvale, Cali
    Posts
    5,771
    Rep Power
    15
    Because they aren't ripe!
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

  6. #6
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    10
    I thought you can use "green" as "not ripe" in English as well as in Russian, don't you?
    Find your inner Bart!

  7. #7
    Завсегдатай kalinka_vinnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sunnyvale, Cali
    Posts
    5,771
    Rep Power
    15
    Well, some fruits and vegetables are naturally green... even if they are ripe! You can't say "the melon is green" when you mean "the melon isn't ripe", even more so with a (green) apple! For other fruits... I always say "not ripe", but maybe some people say "green" I don't know.

    IMO, ripe sounds best...
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

  8. #8
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Mowcow, Russia
    Posts
    1,957
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie
    Well, some fruits and vegetables are naturally green... even if they are ripe! You can't say "the melon is green" when you mean "the melon isn't ripe", even more so with a (green) apple! For other fruits... I always say "not ripe", but maybe some people say "green" I don't know.
    IMO, ripe sounds best...
    But if you say "not ripe", the pun is lost. Compare "They are red because they are still green" vs. "They are red because they are not ripe yet."

  9. #9
    Старший оракул
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    On 19 June, 1980
    Posts
    980
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerty
    I thought you can use "green" as "not ripe" in English as well as in Russian, don't you?
    I didnt know it...

  10. #10
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,216
    Rep Power
    13
    На английском эта шутка несмешна...... или только я так думаю? Может быть, я что-то не понял....

  11. #11
    Старший оракул
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    On 19 June, 1980
    Posts
    980
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    На английском эта шутка несмешна...... или только я так думаю? Может быть, я что-то не понял....
    Это глупая шутка!!!
    У нас такие шутки называют "плоскими" (плоские шутки)!

  12. #12
    Подающий надежды оратор
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    RUssia
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuvak
    Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    На английском эта шутка несмешна...... или только я так думаю? Может быть, я что-то не понял....
    Это глупая шутка!!!
    У нас такие шутки называют "плоскими" (плоские шутки)!
    Шутка как пример игры слов. И Русского менталитета.

  13. #13
    Властелин
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    french camp
    Posts
    1,234
    Rep Power
    11
    Alright, so you can say "green" about an immature (no-ripe) person, but not about immature fruit? (it's not a pun, people! )
    I've got a TV, and I'm not afraid to use it

Similar Threads

  1. запись - разговор 1
    By anthonyd in forum Audio Lounge
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: March 2nd, 2006, 05:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary