Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Переводы, пожалуйста!

Старший оракул
    Bobby took a hasty gulp of coffee, wiped his mouth, and rose.

Если кто-то может, объясните мне, пожалуйста, почему там стоит последняя запятая, и было бы ли ошибкой её не ставить?
    Видимо, для тебя откровение, что в английском при перечислении в конце всегда ставится запятая, т.е. даже перед союзами 'and' и 'or', в отличие от русского.

Если бы предложение выглядело так:

Bobby took a hasty gulp of coffee and rose.

или так:

Bobby wiped his mouth and rose.

то запятая не нужна.

Почитай вот это:

http://www.protrainco.com/info/essays/serial-comma.htm

Вот еще пример оттуда:

"He went to the store to buy milk, butter, and eggs."
    Please correct my mistakes if you can, especially article usage.
    My avatar shall be the author I'm currently reading.

Завсегдатай
    Соответственно, там должна быть пауза?)
    If you have problems with both posting new messages and sending PMs, you can send an e-mail to the Forum Administrator here:
    http://masterrussian.net/sendmessage.php
    У меня что-то с почтой, на ЛС ответить не могу. (

Завсегдатай
    Vadim84
    Не то чтобы откровение, просто раньше не заостряла на этом внимание Спасибо за ответ.
    If you have problems with both posting new messages and sending PMs, you can send an e-mail to the Forum Administrator here:
    http://masterrussian.net/sendmessage.php
    У меня что-то с почтой, на ЛС ответить не могу. (

Старший оракул
    Соответственно, там должна быть пауза?)
    Э... да, пожалуй. "Просто раньше не заострял на этом внимание" Для меня главное, чтоб понятно было, что они там тарабарят на инглише, а паузы уже дело второе (десятое?). Попробуй сама что-нибудь такое послушать.

А насчет "откровения" - я не то чтобы напыщенно наставлял, просто решил выразиться оригинально

Старший оракул
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramil
    Quote Originally Posted by atgnclk
    Quote Originally Posted by Оля
    Ну насколько я знаю, в английском не особо много правил пунктуации. Ну однородные выделить, некое подобие обращения т.п. Все-таки язык более конкретный, и, как мне кажется, из-за отсутствия аккузатива, правил для пунктуации меньше.
    А что такое у аккузатива с пунктуацией? Я просто тоже правил не знаю...
    То что отсутствие аккузатива диктует прямой порядок слов, прямой порядок слов проще, чем инверсионный, => структура английских предложение проще, => меньше правил для пунктуации. Все это имхо, конечно.
    Вот тебе информация насчёт простой структуры предложений в английском языке. Текст ниже - ОДНО предложение:

Subject to Sections 52(2) and 52 of the Act, the executor or administrator of a deceased member, the guardian of an incompetent member or the trustee of a bankrupt memeber shall be the only person recognised by the Company as having any title to his share, save that and only in the event of death, incompetence or bankruptcy of any member or members of the Company as a consequence of which the Company no longer has any directors or members, then upon the production of any documentation which is reasonable evidence of the applicant being entitled to: a grant of probate of the deceased's will, or grant of letter of administration of the deceased's estate, or confirmation of the appointment as executor or administrator (as the case may be), of a deceased member's estate or the appointment of a guardian of an incompetent member or the appointment as trustee of a bankrupt member or upon production of any other reasonable evidence of the applicant's beneficial ownership of, or entitlement to the shares to the Company's registered agent together with (if so requested by the registered agent) a notarised copy of the share certificate(s) of the deceased, incompetent or bankrupt member, an indemnity in favour of the registered agent and appropriate legal advice in respect of any document issued by a foreign court, then the administrator, executor, guardian or trustee in bankruptcy (as the case may be) notwithstanding that their name has not been entered in the share register of the Company may by written resolution of the applicant, endorsed with written approval by the registered agent, be appointed a director of the Company or entered in the share register as the legal and or beneficial owner of the shares.
    Это еще не очень сложно понять - здесь почти нет сленга, и комбинации слов весьма простые. Вот когда я начинаю читать каку-нить худ. лит., то иногда просто выть хочется - до чего все непонятно

Почтенный гражданин
    Торонто (столица мира), Канадская Советская Социалистическая Республика (КССР)
    Quote Originally Posted by Оля
    Ну насколько я знаю, в английском не особо много правил пунктуации. Ну однородные выделить, некое подобие обращения т.п. Все-таки язык более конкретный, и, как мне кажется, из-за отсутствия аккузатива, правил для пунктуации меньше.
    А что такое у аккузатива с пунктуацией? Я просто тоже правил не знаю...
    То что отсутствие аккузатива диктует прямой порядок слов, прямой порядок слов проще, чем инверсионный, => структура английских предложение проще, => меньше правил для пунктуации. Все это имхо, конечно.
    a struktura nemeckix predlozhenij - mnogo proshche, chem angliskie predlozhenija =P
    "С чий очи сънувам, чий е този лик обречен?
    Смъртен глас ми се причува и отеква с вик далечен
    Как да зърна да погледна, чуждий образ да прегърна,
    на лицето ми студено грях в надежда да превърна.."

Увлечённый спикер
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadim84
    Видимо, для тебя откровение, что в английском при перечислении в конце всегда ставится запятая, т.е. даже перед союзами 'and' и 'or'
    Это утверждение - ошибочно. Запятая в этом случае - опциональна (хочешь - ставь, хочешь - нет).
    Correct my English, please.

Новичок
    Quote Originally Posted by 007
    Запятая в этом случае - опциональна (хочешь - ставь, хочешь - нет).
    http://www.askoxford.com/asktheexper...dcomma?view=uk

Старший оракул
    Это утверждение - ошибочно. Запятая в этом случае - опциональна (хочешь - ставь, хочешь - нет).
    Возможно, оно ошибочно для Brittish English, но не для American English.
    Вот что написано в статье, ссылку на которую я давал выше:

The only authorities who advocate omitting the final comma are newspaper style guides (which wish to save column space) and some English writers (who waffle on the rule).

My original assertion stands, with minor qualifications: Except for journalists, all American authorities say to use the final serial comma: "He went to the store to buy milk, butter, and eggs."

The reason for the final serial comma is to prevent the last 2 items' being confused as a unit (butter-and-eggs).

Почтенный гражданин

Re: Поправочка

Москаль - кстати не имеет вообще никакого отношения к москвичам, скорее негативно-ироническое обращение со стороны украинцев к русским ("проблема москалей и хохлов")
    Вообще слово Москаль, значит Русский но, оно происходит от слова Москва.
    Не плюй в колодец, пригодится водицы, напиться.

Новичок

PUNCTUATION

Quote Originally Posted by Bisquit
    BTW English punctuation confuses me too, so can anyone give me a link explaining English punctuation in detail. If it is overloaded by grammar terms, never mind.
    Most workbooks will give you the punctuations. There aren't many grammar terms for use of punctuations. The use of these are made relevant, only when we have to relate different items or explain different categories. Punctuations listings can be found in dictionaries, grammar books and workbooks, and definitely in this forum as well.

Write a passage and send it to me. I will help you understand punctuations. It is better that way!

My knowledge of russian is not good, so maybe we can exchange and learn from each other.

I await your reply.
    NAYANIKA JAYARAM ROMANYUK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12