Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Лиля 4-ever

Почтенный гражданин
    anyone seen little vera? Its a russian movie that sounds somewhat similar to the first movie mentioned. Pretty depressing but a decent movie

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by V
    Yup
    I especially liked the part when he yelled побудка, or whatever the word for reveille is.
    Isn't the wake up call in camps "подъём!!!!!"? And for bed-time "отбой!!!!".

Oh that reminds me about the string we had about this movie on the old Masterrussian site (RIP) .

Little Vera - yes - more depressing than Lilya 4-ever, I would say. Are there many US films that leave you with a similiar feel-miserable factor? Don't often show them in the theatres that's for sure.

V
    Почтенный гражданин
    Yeah, so he comes into the room where his platoon is sleeping, gets an idea, lies down in the bed, yells подъём so that the whole platoon wakes up and stands up in front of their bunks in one second, then he hides in his bed, and the other soldiers are like wtf. I LMAO'd.
    Сюда нужно смотреть. И слушать, что я говорю.

Почтенный гражданин
    I like the part with the sabre that was hastily thrown down and had only just stopped moving when Vladimir Ilyin, who has heard the noise of the duel, comes into the practise room, and it is empty and then he sees the blood. And then when he hears his chief approaching, pretends to be practising.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by garmonistka
    Little Vera - yes - more depressing than Lilya 4-ever, I would say. Are there many US films that leave you with a similiar feel-miserable factor? Don't often show them in the theatres that's for sure.
    watch requiem for a dream. More disturbing but it will give you a miserable feeling.

V
    Почтенный гражданин
    Alert!

I've been misquoted!
    Сюда нужно смотреть. И слушать, что я говорю.

Почтенный гражданин
    hehe, fixed. простите

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12