Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: We should be able to discuss....

Старший оракул
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    Does anyone know what happened to forum member it-ogo who is from Donetsk, I think.
    Not from Donetsk. From Kramatorsk. It's kind of a capital of the unoccupied part of Donbass now.

I would like to hear from him, too.

Hanna
    Quote Originally Posted by fortheether View Post
    Hanna,
    How is it that you complain about a few people saying negative things about Russia but you constantly say negative things about the USA? Sounds like "Do as I say and not as I do" to me.

Scott

1) This is a forum about Russia and its language. Nobody comes here to learn about the USA. Anything I say about the USA is peripheral.

2) If you disagree with anything I say about the USA, then just prove me wrong, if you can.

3) Rest assured that I would never go to an American forum about English language and the USA and start being hostile and critical, or insult Obama and American history.

4) The reason the USA comes up is because it was Russia's enemy for a long time, and because the USA today is intervening in areas near Russia, and is constantly criticizing Russia. We don't mention other large countries like China, India or Brazil here, because they mind their own business, while the US, NATO and EU consider themselves moral authorities qualified to judge other countries, like Russia. I think that notion is bollocks.

1) This is a forum about Russia and its language. Nobody comes here to learn about the USA. Anything I say about the USA is peripheral.

2) If you disagree with anything I say about the USA, then just prove me wrong, if you can.

3) Rest assured that I would never go to an American forum about English language and the USA and start being hostile and critical, or insult Obama and American history.

4) The reason the USA comes up is because it was Russia's enemy for a long time, and because the USA today is intervening in areas near Russia, and is constantly criticizing Russia. We don't mention other large countries like China, India or Brazil here, because they mind their own business, while the US, NATO and EU considers itself to be a moral authority that is qualified to judge other countries, like Russia. I think that notion is bollocks.
    Наш форум не только о русском языке, тут даётся возможность помогать с многими языками. К нам приходят студенты из многих стран. Я не думаю, что выражать враждебность и оскорблять другие страны и их руководителей может у нас приветствоваться.
    Мы здесь стараемся сохранять дружелюбную, приветливую обстановку вне зависимости от того, что проиходит на мировой арене.
    bytemare and Eric C. like this.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Perhaps you could provide proof first when you have something to say.....

4) The reason the USA comes up is because it was Russia's enemy for a long time, and because the USA today is intervening in areas near Russia, and is constantly criticizing Russia. We don't mention other large countries like China, India or Brazil here, because they mind their own business, while the US, NATO and EU consider themselves moral authorities qualified to judge other countries, like Russia. I think that notion is bollocks.
    I believe you could just rework this sentence, switching "Russia" and "USA" and it would still make perfect sense. I would disagree with the part that "China....mind(s) its own business" based on the limited amount I read about China and their internal issues and issues with their neighbors. I think we don't mention such countries here because most of us don't know as much about them as compared to USA, Russia, and European countries.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by 14Russian View Post
    They didn't sanction a bunch of voluntary retirees or whatever they are. The Colonels and others involved in Novorossiya have high level military links, and was in the FSB. They're in the country who is a neighbour to the conflict. These are not ragtag veterans or soldiers. Do you not see the difference?!? Or are you just pretending?
    Precisely, Ukraine is a neighbor and many people in Russia have relatives in Ukraine and many Ukrainians have relatives in Russia. So there is no wonder why so many people from Russia want to help Ukrainians who are still leaning to Russia.
    To help you understand a little better Ukraine and Russia is like Canada and the US. Ukraine like Canada is always in a shadow of its more powerful neighbor and always try to be more independent. It's just Canada is more developed than Ukraine, so it is not easy to convince people there to start a revolt against government.

Hanna
    Quote Originally Posted by E-learner View Post
    Not from Donetsk. From Kramatorsk. It's kind of a capital of the unoccupied part of Donbass now.

I would like to hear from him, too.
    In that case I guess he's fine. He was pro Ukraine anyway. I think he stopped using the forum because he got really angry with some Russian people who were defending the rebels.

Властелин
    If that's how you justify the hypocrisy, so be it.

Scott

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12