Thread: The Russian Schoolsystem

Почётный участник

The Russian Schoolsystem

How is the Russian Schoolsystem? The grades? The discipline? The education? The career?

As i know, i see Russia more talented then other countries just because i think Russian got very good discipline in schools.

Did you know that in Sweden the pupils would decide over teachers about the education and how to study? That's why we got a lot of problem sometimes

Властелин
    Mandatory primary education 1 to 9 grades. After 9th grade one can decide whether he will continue to recieve secondary education (11 grades) or not.

School disciplines are strictly assigned by the ministry of education. Pupils may decide only over a few optional subjects (additional ones, the main system cannot be affected). And the classes are really hard. American schools, for example, are like a kindergarten in comparison to Russian ones.

After 9 grades you can go to a college and after finishing it enter a university at the second course. At least you'll have a specialized secondary education (you can work).

State universities offer free positions and paid ones. But the overwhelming majority of students study for free. If you fail to pass entrance examinations, you can still compete for paid positions, which are about 10% of all available.
    If you study well (you get more than average marks at all subjects), you're given scholarship. If you're really hardcore, you're given even more. If you're a little smart and cunning, you can draw more and more (social scholarship, grants etc...).

After finishing 2.5 years of higher education you can apply for the second higher education. And then for third... fourth, fifth etc... but they're not free.
    -- Да? Коту Ваське, бл##?
    -- Нет, Я кот Васька :-/

Почётный участник
    Ok but how would Russian Schools handle people who is truancy=прогул?

In Sweden i can as a pupil truancing or how you spell in on english and still get my grades. I can be gone in 5-10 lessons and still get grades and still get student grant, the teachers here are sometimes very weak. They would prey on the knees to let us pupils be quiet.

And talking about bullies/harassment it's very horrible, the guy/girl who get bullied SHALL leave the school but not the one who травиют.

That means ours schoolsystem are not 100% clean, some политики thinks that we should be conservatism about the schoolsystem. In that way that the pupils need more disciplin and the teacher should be более строгий about the оценка и присутствие.

So can someone here please tell some more about the Russian Schoolsystem about the прогул и травля пожалуйста.

Властелин
    If you miss a lesson, you must prove it was for a good reason. If not, parents are summoned and trial is held. As I remember, I got nearly kicked out of school for missing two lessons without good reason.

And talking about bullies/harassment it's very horrible, the guy/girl who get bullied SHALL leave the school but not the one who травиют.
    In Russian schools in every class there's always a person who gets humiliated, beaten, despised. Noone among the teachers cares , I'd say.

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Tailors
    In Russian schools in every class there's always a person who gets humiliated, beaten, despised.
    I don't think it's a rule. There were no such person in our class.
    Of course now and then some kid was laughed at when he/she did something stupid but it wasn't a system.

To tell the truth there was one boy close to your description. He joined our class in the next to last year (we were 15). He was very weird, not too bright and talked almost constantly about graveyards and Hitler.
    Girls believed he was a satanist and avoided him, boys thought he was a moron and sooo not cool and did the same. So he WAS despised though he was never beaten.

Actually there were very few fights in our class (only two in 7 years of high school, in elementary school boys fought often but it was more like pushing and calling names, not a real fight) and NO beatings (when a few kids beat another one), never.

What about truancies one boy was kicked out from school but he missed 2 or 3 months (!) lying to his mother he visits the school and giving the teachers fake notes "from mother" about him being ill.

When we were young (7-12 y/o) very few were truancing, usualy the problem kids and usually they were kicked out. When older it was easier to truancy, ecpecially if you had very good grades (the teacher tended to believe to apt pupils). So it was enough to say some lame excuse (like "I need to go to a doctor" or "my mom asked me to come home earlier today") and you could skip 2-3 classes without any cosequences.

ST
    I agree, where wasn`t such things...(at least in my time, 15 years ago ) Althought, where was a few guys with bad reputation from older classes...they could catch you alone in the dark korner and "ask" to give them your money for lunch and such things... But in your classroom and/or with your classmates your will be safe.
    Actualy, I think, what if all kids has said about such thing to the teachers or parents it could change something...but it was bad thing and called "supergrass" (стукачество)...so I don`t know...
    The bear looked at the car, and reflections of fire danced in his eyes. He knew what to do.

Почётный участник
    Well it seems we got the same problem here in as a шведский, y швед естъ левое правительство c гyран персон который министр. We gonna have выборы this воскресенье.

And i really hope that альянс would win this time instead социал-демократ because социал-демократ schoolpolitics sucks as from a straw .

Like i wrote before, swedish pupils are very ленивыe during lessons but социал-демократ wanna let pupils got few домашнее задание so that means we would get some more problem. We miss дисциплина in our schools and it seems that it's very крутоыe to get grades and it's very important to have it i all schools over the world.

We miss it and now it's time to destroy this system once and for all.

Так получить заключение о наш школьнаяой системы,
    котор мы получили в Швеции.

- зрачки ленивы, мы не дают уважение к учителям иногда.

- мы хотим больше дара студента потому что мы думаем мы было очень ярке

-мы пропускаем дисциплина

- люди хотят остановить задрать не получают смелость сделать их работу

- мы жалуясь около домашнее задание

Я надеюсь что мой русский был больш, пожалуйста исправляю его если что-то было неправильно.

Русские правила так или иначе

Но я очень самолюбив над моей страной.

ST
    зрачки=pupils of eye, ученики=pupils (in schol)
    The bear looked at the car, and reflections of fire danced in his eyes. He knew what to do.

Завсегдатай
    Pleae give English equivalents to everything you said in Russian so we could исправить your mistakes.
    It's hard to understand some of your sentences. Though the last one is pretty clear.

Code:
    Но я очень самолюбив над моей страной.
    Я очень горжусь своей страной. (inf. from "горжусь" is "гордиться")
    I'm very proud of my country.

Завсегдатай
    If you miss a lesson, you must prove it was for a good reason. If not, parents are summoned and trial is held. As I remember, I got nearly kicked out of school for missing two lessons without good reason.
    LOL. I feel sorry for you. I used to wag at least one lesson every two days without any problems.

Завсегдатай
    In our school you had far more chances to be kicked out for using "мат". The kid who said "пошел на х*й" to the teacher was kicked out of school the same day. It was the middle of the school year which tripled his problems.

Старший оракул
    Quote Originally Posted by mekko
    Вот заключение о _ школьной системе, которую мы имеем в Швеции.

- ученики ленивы, и не проявляют иногда уважения к учителям.

- мы хотим больше дать студенту потому, что мы хотим, чтобы всё было очень ярко (I'm not sure what do you mean here)

-мы пропускаем дисциплины

- люди хотят остановить задрать не получают смелость сделать их работу (I don't understand this phrase)

- мы жалуемся на домашние задания

Я надеюсь, что мой русский был хорош, пожалуйста исправляйте его если что-то было неправильно.

Русские правы так или иначе

Но я очень горжусь _ моей (своей) страной.
    Could you please occasionally correct my stupid errors!
    Korrigiert bitte ab und zu meine dummen Fehler!

Властелин
    В тему
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aJFrfE2uzY4"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aJFrfE2uzY4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="600" height="350"></embed></object>

Завсегдатай
    В тему
    Все в гардеробе разделись, а молодой человек -- в куртке. Фу как не культурно!

Завсегдатай
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowik
    В тему
    Все в гардеробе разделись, а молодой человек -- в куртке. Фу как не культурно!
    Hehe. I think that's the least of his problems.
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

Завсегдатай
    ЛОЛ! Забавный клип...

В тему

Нда... ну это уже клиника...
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!