Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Russia today - new TV channel

Agree with N. But I still hope, I'll make a site somedays, with more information about Stalin's myths (and not only them). Cursed be my laziness.
    Кр. -- сестр. тал.

FL
    Почтенный гражданин

FL
    Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie
    but FL's own statistics show:

1937 353074
    1938 328618

Of course, these numbers are not my own. They were taken from table 9 (see http://masterrussian.net/mforum/viewtop ... 06&start=0
    ).

What “Memorial” exactly means by the “victims of the political terror in the USSR” (“ЖЕРТВЫ ПОЛИТИЧЕСКОГО ТЕРРОРА В СССР”) is not clear (the executed and died in the camps? or simply all arrested? Only the rehabilitated or also the non-rehabilitated? Most likely, they count all - the rehabilitated and non-rehabilitated.
    At least it is clear that they count not only Soviet citizens but also all foreigners who were convicted by the Soviet courts (for example, in Germany):

«
    В 1947 году Сталин отменил смертную казнь. Она была вновь введена в 1950 году. На территории Германии в это время в зоне советского влияния действовали как немецкие, так и советские суды. Советские занимались политическими преступлениями, немецкие - уголовными. С 1947 по 1950 год никого к расстрелу не приговаривали. А с 1950 по 1953 год было расстреляно 1000 человек. Причем, приговоренные советским трибуналом, они сначала были этапированы в Москву и только потом расстреляны, кремированы и захоронены на Донском кладбище. Имена впоследствии реабилитированных немцев были опубликованы в книге «Расстрельные списки. Донское кладбище», изданной обществом «Мемориал» и издательством «Звенья».
    «

www.izvestia.ru (№191, 21 октября 2005)

Quote Originally Posted by FL
    What “Memorial” exactly means by the “victims of the political terror in the USSR” (“ЖЕРТВЫ ПОЛИТИЧЕСКОГО ТЕРРОРА В СССР”) is not clear (the executed and died in the camps? or simply all arrested? Only the rehabilitated or also the non-rehabilitated? Most likely, they count all - the rehabilitated and non-rehabilitated.
    At least it is clear that they count not only Soviet citizens but also all foreigners who were convicted by the Soviet courts (for example, in Germany):

«
    В 1947 году Сталин отменил смертную казнь. Она была вновь введена в 1950 году. На территории Германии в это время в зоне советского влияния действовали как немецкие, так и советские суды. Советские занимались политическими преступлениями, немецкие - уголовными. С 1947 по 1950 год никого к расстрелу не приговаривали. А с 1950 по 1953 год было расстреляно 1000 человек. Причем, приговоренные советским трибуналом, они сначала были этапированы в Москву и только потом расстреляны, кремированы и захоронены на Донском кладбище. Имена впоследствии реабилитированных немцев были опубликованы в книге «Расстрельные списки. Донское кладбище», изданной обществом «Мемориал» и издательством «Звенья».
    «

www.izvestia.ru (№191, 21 октября 2005)
    I have already given up, but I just wanted to comment: The website lists all victims, ie the names of those who died (whether they got rehabilitated or not later is besides the point).

Are you saying that killing germans is fine as long as they aren't soviet citizens? I know you are not, you are just saying that Stalin didn't repress his *own* people, just the foreigners who were under Soviet rule... hmm..
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

JB
    Старший оракул
    Didn't Stalin also invite back all the Russian expats after WW2, saying they were forgiven for leaving and were welcome to rebuild Russia, then murdered them all? I read this somewhere about a group of Russians from France.
    Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

FL
    Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie

I have already given up, but I just wanted to comment: The website lists all victims, ie the names of those who died (whether they got rehabilitated or not later is besides the point).

Are you saying that killing germans is fine as long as they aren't soviet citizens? I know you are not, you are just saying that Stalin didn't repress his *own* people, just the foreigners who were under Soviet rule... hmm..
    I did not say that killing germans is fine. I want to say that they (Memorial) count all of Soviet courts (in countries of the Soviet block too).
    Though, in Germany in first years after WWII (in time of denazification) and when it became first line of the Cold War there were only simple criminal offences ... It hard to believe...

But generally (for all soviet citizens and non-soviet) to make equal the non-rehabilitated and rehabilitated... that seems strange... some of the non-rehabilitated "victims" had too much blood on their hands (in WWII and a few years after they killed many people).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123