View Poll Results: ARE YOU RACIST? Be honest! We wont know who posted it!

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 22.50%
  • No

31 77.50%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Racist Poll

Почтенный гражданин
    Торонто (столица мира), Канадская Советская Социалистическая Республика (КССР)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim_2320
    If you're talking about people who are 'subtly' racist, then I'm afraid everyone is racist. Racism isn't confined to one race or group, it's a phenomenon that is intrinsic in human nature. Even within groups there is racism (i.e. dark-skinned blacks vs. light-skinned blacks). So yes, I believe that everyone to a certain degree is racist. However, according to the definition used here (i.e. 'racism is the belief that one race is superior to another), I think only a few hold such views. I'm pretty damn sure that I do not see myself as superior by virtue of my race. I'm only superior because I'm just so inherently cool.

But yes, you do raise some good points.

P.S. I see that you live in Canada. Interesting.. where in Canada do you live?
    "С чий очи сънувам, чий е този лик обречен?
    Смъртен глас ми се причува и отеква с вик далечен
    Как да зърна да погледна, чуждий образ да прегърна,
    на лицето ми студено грях в надежда да превърна.."

Почётный участник
    What I mean by the term of "thinking that one's race is superior to another", is that most people tend to think that they are better than others, whether the others are from the same racial groups as theirs or not. This is not particularly dealing with racism alone, but the thoughts have the potential to lead to racist views.

Everyone has a certain amount of jealousy and insecurity in them and they don't like it when they know that others are better than them. To relief those negative feelings, they would turn a blind eye on the successes of those to whom they feel inadequate with. To make themselves feel better, they would try to convince themselves that the others are not really good and will actually think of ideas that will make the others seem inferior. They can express this through exaggerating the weaknesses of a certain group or individual by gossiping and spreading rumors.

Unfortunately, many people are unwilling to admit to themselves that they are wrong, or not as good as other. So therefore, they continue to make unfair judgements.

And yes, I agree that racism do exist between individuals of the same race. Though I wouldn't consider it to be racism, but rather discrimination.

I live in a small town with a population of 5,000 residents, in central Canada, by the way. I will not be specific in the region but the area from where I live roughly consists of 50% whites, 50% aboriginals/metis people, and 0.5% other minority.

From where I go to school, there are distinct racial separations among social groups. The whites hang out together, the aboriginals are in their own separate groups, and the metis (white/aboriginal) are also together in their little groups and as well as the minorities.

Feel free to ask me any questions in regards to the social environments if you're interested, and I will try my best to answer them through what I've experienced and witnessed, although I may be limited in what I can answer since I don't have the sources.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Tailors
    When a n1gger defends his "homies" it is considerd struggle for his rights, when a white defends his kin, it is considered racism.

Hypocrites.
    When a black man defends his 'homies' he either has something to defend against or he has a chip on his shoulder.

The question is, what is it you feel us poor down-trodden whites need defending against exactly? baring in mind you dont have to be black to have a chip on your shoulder.
    More madness than method but it works for me.

Тема закрывается до лучших времён.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123