Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Once agein: why the western media keep silence about Crimea

JJ
    Властелин

Once agein: why the western media keep silence about Crimea

Совет Крыма объявил Крым территорией без НАТО

http://www.iraq-war.ru/article/90585
    Gib immer 100% bei der Arbeit: 12% am Montag, 23% am Dienstag, 40% am Mittwoch, 20% am Donnerstag, 5% am Freitag ...

Почтенный гражданин
    Nothing of that kind! I've seen it on Euronews.
    Единственное, что люди любят давать бесплатно - это советы.

JJ
    Властелин
    I'm looking for news about Crimea on bbc.co.uk, there was nothing there.
    I've found only one article in yahoo.com http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060606/ap_ ... ine_nato_1
    This article is BS. "When 200 U.S. Marines came to this former Soviet republic last week, they expected a simple mission: install showers and toilets at a Ukrainian military base, then leave."
    200 Marines are installing toilets! The Ukrain has no its own pipers! The article said nothing about fights in Crimea between JIs and people. It said nothing about fact that Parlament of Crimea declared the peninsula as NATO-free zone. They say nothing about when deputies of Verhovnaya Rada were going to inspects crates with those "toilets and showers" US Goverment had ordered them left crates alone... Did they said it to you on Euronews too?
    Gib immer 100% bei der Arbeit: 12% am Montag, 23% am Dienstag, 40% am Mittwoch, 20% am Donnerstag, 5% am Freitag ...

Почтенный гражданин
    На www.inosmi.ru есть 3-4 статьи.
    Единственное, что люди любят давать бесплатно - это советы.

Завсегдатай
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant
    Yeah, this is DEFINITELY a top-secret project that's not being covered at all by the zionist-imperial mainstream media in the West. Except from just some of the most prominent sources:
    IHT (run by the two most prominent newspapers in the US, the Washington Post and the New York Times -- and done by the Associated Press which provides this article to literally THOUSANDS of newspapers to use) http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/06/06/news/kiev.php

Times of London (not exactly a puny paper either)
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 91,00.html

Oh, and also the "Independent" (http://news.independent.co.uk/europe/article625615.ece) and "Agence France-Presse" had articles on this (text below). So obviously, this is being suppressed...

And it seems the reason they're installing toilet facilities isn't because there are no plumbers in Ukraine, but because they're refurbishing an old facility themselves -- rather than forcing the costs on the Ukrainian government. What dirty bastards -- using their own resources!
    /сарказм, сарказм, а еще сарказм

In pro-Russian Crimea, US soldiers meet unexpected resistance
    AFP

FEODOSIA, Ukraine, June 6 2006-It is a far cry from Iraq, but the US soldiers besieged by elderly protestors in this Soviet-era resort town have their work cut out if they are to win local hearts and minds.

The 200 US soldiers here for a joint military exercise have had a frosty reception from residents who are nostalgic for Soviet times and are opposed to plans by pro-Western Ukrainian politicians for the country to join the West's main security alliance, the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO).

"Get out of here! The Crimean land will burn under your feet," shouted one demonstrator, 68-year-old Irina Sokolova, who on Monday stood outside a defence ministry health centre where the soldiers are staying in this southern Ukrainian town, sporting a panama hat as the temperature reached 30 degrees Celsius (86 Fahrenheit).

The protestors first appeared at the health centre's gates after the US transport ship Advantage arrived in Feodosia, on Ukraine's Crimean peninsula, on May 27, following the arrival of a first batch of soldiers a few days earlier.

They soon set up a small camp and assembled placards bearing slogans such as "Yankee Go Home!", written in the Cyrillic alphabet.

In the day-time they generally number just a dozen people, who loll in the hot sunshine by their three tents.

But on some evenings several hundred have gathered.

Sokolova first yelled her slogans in Russian, then, to be sure of being understood, repeated them in halting English, reading from pieces of paper.

She was echoed by 17-year-old Igor Smirnov.

"We want the Americans to get out -- our town lives on tourism and the Americans are damaging it," he said.

In the capital Kiev, pro-Western commentators fulminate against the protests, saying that they have been organised by Russian spies set on disrupting the joint exercise Sea Breeze 2006.

The Ukrainian-US exercise is to take place on the Crimean Peninsula and in the surrounding waters of the Black Sea from June 17 to August 2, with participation by more than a dozen other countries.

For President Viktor Yushchenko it is part of a campaign to prove that his country's military can adapt and eventually join NATO and part of a wider effort to re-orient his country towards the West.

But opinion polls show that the leaders of the mass protests in 2004 against the previous pro-Moscow leadership -- protests known as the "orange revolution" -- have not carried the whole country with them.

Resistance is particularly strong in Crimea, which was an autonomous Soviet republic in the Soviet Union's early decades and only in 1954 became part of Ukraine.

Dozens of protestors blocked Feodosia's port when the transport ship Advantage arrived, waving banners with slogans such as "NATO = Enemy, Russia = Friend".

The ship was carrying construction materials to be used for building barracks in preparation for this month's exercise, but the demonstrators were certain it meant the arrival of a permanent US military base.

That claim has been denied by both Ukraine and the United States.

While the US soldiers know that colleagues elsewhere are having a harder time, their experiences have nonetheless been disconcerting.

Protestors smashed the windows of buses bringing soldiers in last week, while others hurled racist insults at black soldiers, said Ukrainian military spokesman Volodymyr Bova.

As a precaution, the soldiers are not leaving the territory of the defence ministry health centre, even to visit a next-door shop or to walk on the beach a few dozen metres (yards) away.

They have instead set about tending the soil in the grounds of the resort, have offered to construct a sports field for local children and are studying the local language -- not Ukrainian, the country's official language, but Russian.

Attending class in the open air outside the centre, the soldiers copied their teacher, an American of Kazakh origin, as she greeted them with a hearty "Zdravstvuite!" -- "Good Day!".

"You would do better to learn 'Do svidaniya!' (goodbye)," grumbled the protestors outside the gates.
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

Yep yep, I read about the story in the New York Times already. You wanted it to be from the bbc? Here is the article in bbc.co.uk: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/5054506.stm

Admit it, your "western media" search consisted of searching The Moscow Times
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Завсегдатай
    BBC World shows it too in its news
    (They have been warned by JJ already I suppose)
    Я так думаю.

Завсегдатай
    Бармалей, most facts of this article are not true.
    There is no 'free press' and your "free" source just give people the information they are ready to believe (elderly crazy people, nostalgic about USSR, no weapon, etc.)

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by gRomoZeka
    Бармалей, most facts of this article are not true.
    There is no 'free press' and your "free" source just give people the information they are ready to believe (elderly crazy people, nostalgic about USSR, no weapon, etc.)
    I'm not in the Crimea. I don't know the first thing about the facts. I didn't post here to debate the matter or to assert some slate of facts. I only did so to get rid of this absurd idea that there was some sort of universal-united Western media conspiracy to hush it up. I think it's very clear that's not the case.

Fotos of Crimean protests:

Кр. -- сестр. тал.

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Бармалей
    I only did so to get rid of this absurd idea that there was some sort of universal-united Western media conspiracy to hush it up. I think it's very clear that's not the case.
    I'm not talking about conspiracies, I'm talking about public opinion and the the way human mind works.
    And nowadays media (government, housewifes, etc.) are smart enough to know that it's better not to hush the event but to light it in the convinient way before your enemies will do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio
    Fotos of Crimean protests:....
    Бабушки нарисовали плакаты? Ну ладно, хорошо хоть бомбы не подкладывают.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Завсегдатай
    I only did so to get rid of this absurd idea that there was some sort of universal-united Western media conspiracy to hush it up. I think it's very clear that's not the case.
    I'm not talking about conspiracies, I'm talking about public opinion and the the way human mind works.
    And nowadays media (government, housewifes, etc.) are smart enough to know that it's better not to hush the event but to light it in the convinient way before your enemies will do that.
    You may not be, but the OP was. Look at the title of this post for Pete's sake! "Once agein: why the western media keep silence about Crimea". And may I ask, out of curiosity, why you consider "housewives" to be smart enough to uncover conspiracies, but not "men." (I think Gromozeka is a woman, and probably one that has been married at some point.... )

Завсегдатай
    You may not be, but the OP was. Look at the title of this post for Pete's sake! "Once agein: why the western media keep silence about Crimea".
    I'm looking right now. Yeah, it's exaggerated a bit.

And may I ask, out of curiosity, why you consider "housewives" to be smart enough to uncover conspiracies, but not "men."
    Maybe 'cause I think about these mysterious creatures all the time. Are they real?

(I think Gromozeka is a woman, and probably one that has been married at some point.... )
    Wow! You're smart! I think I should put YOU in instead of "housewifes".
    P.S. Not married though.

Завсегдатай
    Wow! You're smart! I think I should put YOU in instead of "housewifes".
    I agree. I'm adapting my profile to that effect. I'm not longer in 12th place, but ahead of the average housewife. BWAHAHAHA.

P.S. Not married though.
    Hey, you can't win 'em all. Even Einstein was occasionally wrong. Consider that my error for the decade.

Кому там на Западе, к небесам, нужен этот Крым с его проблемами? Деревню Гадюкино смоет. Пугливые как тараканы, чуть мягче насчет газа - ага русские покупают страны СНГ, деражат на крючке, создают неравные конкурентные условия, цены выровнять!, ВТО и пр.; чуть жестче насчет газа - сразу оказание давления, как бы чего не вышло, как бы это все старушку европу не коснулось. А вы тут про Крым какой-то печетесь.
    English Edition

В обычных странах церковь отделена от государства, а в России - от Бога.

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by mishau_
    Кому там на Западе, к небесам, нужен этот Крым с его проблемами? Деревню Гадюкино смоет. Пугливые как тараканы, чуть мягче насчет газа - ага русские покупают страны СНГ, деражат на крючке, создают неравные конкурентные условия, цены выровнять!, ВТО и пр.; чуть жестче насчет газа - сразу оказание давления, как бы чего не вышло, как бы это все старушку европу не коснулось. А вы тут про Крым какой-то печетесь.
    Ой! Это рэп! Это же рэп!
    Я так думаю.

Да, мысль выражена как-то запутанно...
    Кр. -- сестр. тал.

JJ
    Властелин
    Man, my first post was "why the western media...." but it was deleted by moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ
    Man, my first post was "why the western media...." but it was deleted by moderator.
    You first post IS "why the western media..."

So, JJ, do you admit that you were wrong, the western media wasn't hushing it up?
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast