View Poll Results: Do you think nuclear weapons in Korea or Iran will provide them a guarantee against US attacks?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 47.06%
  • No

9 52.94%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: North Korea entered 'Nuclear club'. Iran's next?

Почётный участник
    Quote Originally Posted by laxxy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy182
    i dont see how russians can have any sympathy for the japs when theygot attacked too. if u feel so bad for them then why dont you give them their islandsback?
    Unless you are referring to the Lake Hassan incident, which happened some time before the war, I suggest you refresh your history knowledge

I believe he is referring to the start of WWI by Japan which sent an ultimatium to Russia however, a few hours before it was recieved the Japanese Navy attacked Port Arthur, which was under Russian control.
    Then WWI was started, in full force. Japan basically humilated Russia and the US stepped in to ease tension between the 2 countries resulting in a treaty, dont recall the name. But it did involve Russia giving some control to the japanese.

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by Тоби
    Quote Originally Posted by laxxy
    i dont see how russians can have any sympathy for the japs when theygot attacked too. if u feel so bad for them then why dont you give them their islandsback?
    Unless you are referring to the Lake Hassan incident, which happened some time before the war, I suggest you refresh your history knowledge

I believe he is referring to the start of WWI by Japan which sent an ultimatium to Russia however, a few hours before it was recieved the Japanese Navy attacked Port Arthur, which was under Russian control.
    Then WWI was started, in full force. Japan basically humilated Russia and the US stepped in to ease tension between the 2 countries resulting in a treaty, dont recall the name. But it did involve Russia giving some control to the japanese.
    WWI?? You probably mean the war of 1904-1905. Russia and Japan were allies in WWI.

Почётный участник
    Yes sorry, it was in the 1904 time frame. My memory is not that great prior to WWII. But I knew there was some conflict there between the 2 nations.

Завсегдатай
    I didn't say it was WWII did I? And no I don't need to refresh my history, history and geography are my best subjects, anyways...

And yea, 1905 that's what I was refering to. Who cares when it happend. The history of Japan from late 1800's to the 1930's was super shifty and couldn't be trusted. Besides, Russia declared war on Japan after the surrender of Germany, but the bombings of Nakasaki and Hiroshima but stopped Russia from deploying troops, cuz we nuked em... So Russia should be thankfull, because, in theory, we saved Russian and American lives by droping the justice bombs on the facist agressors!!!!
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Властелин
    I didn't say it was WWII did I? And no I don't need to refresh my history, history and geography are my best subjects, anyways...

And yea, 1905 that's what I was refering to. Who cares when it happend. The history of Japan from late 1800's to the 1930's was super shifty and couldn't be trusted. Besides, Russia declared war on Japan after the surrender of Germany, but the bombings of Nakasaki and Hiroshima but stopped Russia from deploying troops, cuz we nuked em... So Russia should be thankfull, because, in theory, we saved Russian and American lives by droping the justice bombs on the facist agressors!!!!
    There are not many countries whose history can't be described as 'super shifty' I wonder is there any pair of neighbouring countries anywhere in the world that hasn't been at war at some point in time during the past couple hundred years?
    This is also the first time I see Japanese being referred to as 'fascist'.
    Not like I really wish to support Ramil here, just a bit of a clarification.

Завсегдатай
    hippie propaganda. Lies all lies.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Почтенный гражданин
    Guys...how did we go from North Korea to Iraq to Japan in 1905 and WW2?? That's the problem with these political threads, it's too easy to go off on tangents...which is a line that intersects a curve at any given point, or in trigonometry, opposite over adjacent....

Почётный участник
    Quote Originally Posted by RusskiSlav
    Guys...how did we go from North Korea to Iraq to Japan in 1905 and WW2?? That's the problem with these political threads, it's too easy to go off on tangents...which is a line that intersects a curve at any given point, or in trigonometry, opposite over adjacent....
    I believe its due to the point that they believe that the US is the only one that has these issues etc... so other facts have to be put up......

Почтенный гражданин
    Yeah, true. You're right

Властелин
    hippie propaganda. Lies all lies.
    yes. you are right. 100%. this is all a hippie conspiracy. they are about to take over the world and make everyone vegetarian. or vegan. or something. i can see it so clearly now.
    ...i'm going to check all the closets for hidden hippies now...
    ...should I check the fridge, too?...

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Тоби
    I dont understand this and would like to see the facts, otherwise your just another guy who has some issues with the US and likes to come up with conspiracy theories. I lived in the 80s and 90s and dont recall any issues with America being in any type of considerable economic depression.
    I'm reading a rather boring book by american communication coach C. Hallo. And right now I'm looking at these lines:

"As you might recall, the economy went through a severe downturn in the early 90s. California was especially hard hit with a huge loss in technology, manufacturing, and military-defense jobs".

Technically, it was USSR who declared war on Japan. And technically we're still in the state of war.
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramil
    Technically, it was USSR who declared war on Japan. And technically we're still in the state of war.

you MUST make the first move! Sahkalin is NOT safe untill tokyo is in ruins!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramil
    I hate the ideas American media puts into minds of people.
    Have you ever listened to the American media before? Many of the ideas they put out are ones AGAINST the war in Iraq, and against war in general. They criticize the Bush administration for going to war and think he's neo-Hitler or something. I disagree with just about everything the media says, and I don't trust them at all. Seeing as you seem to disagree with the war in Iraq, I'm surprised you don't like what our media tells us.

And BTW, no one here ever liked the ideas Pravda put in people's minds in the USSR. However today in fact, many of our newspapers are written by ultraleft politicians who resemble communists, and I call my local newspaper (Baltimore Sun) the Baltimore Red Sun, because it's so overrun with far-left ideas. And did you know a lot of American liberals had secret ties to the Soviets? Al Gore's father was a communist with ties to the USSR. I'm surprised people like that haven't renamed the country "USSA" yet Unfortunately, that's where America is headed. Every superpower in history--Rome, Britain, USSR--has collapsed, and the US and Europe are on that same path.
    US exports its lifestyle, not just articles in newspapers. Hollywood alone is doing this rather well. US exports its values the same way USSR did with communism. I don't believe that any single ideology can be universal. I don't believe that things that are true to Americans are at the same time true to me or some other man elsewhere. I know that there is freedom of speech in USA and I know that there is opposition to the government there. But they are arguing about details, not the general strategy.
    Send me a PM if you need me.

laxxy wrote:
    WWI?? You probably mean the war of 1904-1905. Russia and Japan were allies in WWI.
    Allies?!! I can't remember Japan ever take part in WWI exept the intervention on the Soviet Far East. It was allied only with the white rebels lead by Merkulov brothers at Vladivostok in 1922. But this had happened after Versal treaty so WWI was already over than.

P.S. BTW you can ask JJ about that subject. If there is his portrait on his avatar than he was there at that time.
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Basil77
    Allies?!! I can't remember Japan ever <font color=red>taking</font> part in WWI
    Japan did participate in WW1, but not significantly. No Japanese died, and 3 people were missing.

Thanx for correction and info, RusskiSlav.
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

Властелин
    laxxy wrote:
    Allies?!! I can't remember Japan ever take part in WWI exept the intervention on the Soviet Far East. It was allied only with the white rebels lead by Merkulov brothers at Vladivostok in 1922. But this had happened after Versal treaty so WWI was already over than.

P.S. BTW you can ask JJ about that subject. If there is his portrait on his avatar than he was there at that time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_in_WWI

Властелин
    Allies?!! I can't remember Japan ever <font color=red>taking</font> part in WWI
    Japan did participate in WW1, but not significantly. No Japanese died, and 3 people were missing.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_in_WWI
    to start:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Tsingtao

Not exactly the scale of Verden of course, but quite a significant participation.

Почтенный гражданин
    Thanx for correction and info, RusskiSlav.
    You're welcome

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast