Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: "EGYPT IS FREE!" - The Egyptian People Celebrate

You masterly switched the context, sir crocodile. I wan't speaking of US, but of CIA. )))
    It was you who tried to oppose CIA (an organization) and USSR (a state).
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramil View Post
    You masterly switched the context, sir crocodile. I wan't speaking of US, but of CIA. )))
    It was you who tried to oppose CIA (an organization) and USSR (a state).
    Whoa!! Please, explain yourself. What do you mean I switched the context? I assumed the CIA reports to the US government as well as the KGB/GRU used to report to the USSR government. The USSR used to help Egypt and the US used to help Egypt. Both military and infrastructure-wise. Where do you think I crossed the line?

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    Whoa!! Please, explain yourself. What do you mean I switched the context?... Where do you think I crossed the line?

I think it happenned right bout there:

Only partially. Oh, have they done something good when I wasn't looking?
    Everything is measured in comparison. What have the Soviet Union done to the Middle East in those glorious days?
    By 'they' I meant CIA (if you look at my previous remark)

I assumed the CIA reports to the US government as well as the KGB/GRU used to report to the USSR government. The USSR used to help Egypt and the US used to help Egypt. Both military and infrastructure-wise.
    Come on, you should at least suspect that not everything CIA does it reports to the US Government, not to mention the people In fact, I think the government sometimes prefers not to know anything about their 'accomplishments' in order not to be embarassed later.

By 'they' I meant CIA (if you look at my previous remark)
    Ah, ok. Sorry about that. I looked at the caricature and I had an impression those who allegedly 'milked' the Middle East wore some 'capitalistic uniform', so I thought it's about the capitalists, and mainly the US as the primary enemy of the USSR back then. I didn't think that you only meant the CIA wearing those 'capitalist' clothes. I'd say if the artist had the CIA in mind, he would probably picture some 'James Bond' kind of a guy with a smoking gun and a sex bomb or something like that. But, never mind, that's not important.

Come on, you should at least suspect that not everything CIA does it reports to the US Government
    Yes, I can agree with that. However, there's a HUGE distance between 'not everything' and make a series of revolutions in a couple of countries, won't you agree?

In fact, I think the government sometimes prefers not to know anything about their 'accomplishments' in order not to be embarassed later.
    Yes, that is a good point. But again, the design of anything on a large scale cannot qualify as a 'black operation'. Come to think of it, I don't believe whenever the CIA boasts it was able to do something big like destroying the USSR from within by some kind of a smart tactics (i.e. keeping the oil down for a decade and stuff). Don't get me wrong, some of the CIA operatives are qualified enough to perform some very sophisticated things. But, when you try to design anything on a large scale, you notice the system is just too complex to be under control. Too many unpredictable/uncontrollable variables. And when you try to gather information about those variables, the situation had already changed.

Come on, I said I was only partly serious about that. I don't believe CIA orchestrated the Egyptian events. But still there were a number of 'revolutions' in other countries in which they played major roles.

Hanna

Bella ciao - Egypt...

At the end are pictures of people who actually died in the protest. If anyone can read Arabic; what does it say?

Good luck and god bless to the people in Libya, Yemen, Bahrain, Iran and elsewhere in the Middle East who are wanting a change! Hope no one else has to die.

If someone is not familiar with this song: It's an old song for freedom fighters (during WW2, I think) and it's about someone who goes off to join the partisans, and says 'Goodbye my beautiful..... If I die, bury me in the mountains and plant flowers by my grave..'
    Last edited by Hanna; February 20th, 2011 at 09:38 PM.

Hanna
    Apparently both Mubarak and Ben-Ali got suddenly very sick after being ousted and both of them are in a coma. According to BBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post

At the end are pictures of people who actually died in the protest. If anyone can read Arabic; what does it say?
    My Arabic has never been perfect, and now after many years without practice, it's downright pathetic. But I'll try:

Those at the end are the names of the people in the pictures, and they are referred to as "martyrs".

At 0:41, it's a rhyming verse, meaning something like: "Oh Army, Oh Tyrant! Beware of the formidable Almighty." Despite the rather threatening tone, no harm is meant: it's simply a reminder that whatever we do will be judged later. (See? Islamic beliefs can indeed be used in a good way! )
    "If in the end, Misha, you are destined to lose this game, there is no need for the reason to be cowardice!"

Hanna
    Thanks! You've got impressive language skills! I am aware of at least 4 languages that you can manage now - and quite different ones at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampada View Post
    " ...Some Israelis regard Egypt as the most anti-Semitic country in the entire Middle East. ..." ( HonestReporting ) This is sad.
    Lampada, just a quick follow-up regarding our olde talk about Egyptian-Israeli relations: BBC Russian - В мире - Нетаньяху: исход дипломатов не отменяет мир с Египтом

"... поскольку все понимают, что такое было невозможно при президенте Хосни Мубараке"

I know it might not change your mind, but at least I hope it could add some substance to my earlier claims that the Egyptian anti-semitic sentiments were not induced by Mubarak's regime. Cheers!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234