Thread: The Canada Party or Yes We Canada

The Canada Party or Yes We Canada

Hey Croc... whatcha think... eh??

I only speak two languages, English and bad English.
    Check out the MasterRussian Music Playlist
    Click here for list of Russian films with English subtitles and links to watch them.

Hanna
    haha funny! Honestly IMHO, that would be one of the best things that could happen to the USA!
    All of the current American candidates are Pest and Cholera. The only republican candidate who at least has a few sensible ideas and values will not win. (Ron Paul).

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    haha funny! Honestly IMHO, that would be one of the best things that could happen to the USA!
    All of the current American candidates are Pest and Cholera. The only republican candidate who at least has a few sensible ideas and values will not win. (Ron Paul).
    Ouch, man, ouch. I mean, I can't outwardly disagree with what you said.

But... you wouldn't want to elect Germany to run Sweden, wouldja?
    luck/life/kidkboom
    Грязные башмаки располагают к осмотрительности в выборе дороги. /*/ Muddy boots choose their roads with wisdom. ;

Hanna
    Ah, I thought you liked Canadians in the USA, or? I was just joking, not serious!

This years batch of republicans are really awful I think.
    The old Beeb did a run down of their opinions and I think Ron Paul is the most sympathetic.
    I guess whoever wins will be up against Obama, right?
    I think Obama is a letdown too.

Властелин
    Ah, I thought you liked Canadians in the USA, or? I was just joking, not serious!

This years batch of republicans are really awful I think.
    The old Beeb did a run down of their opinions and I think Ron Paul is the most sympathetic.
    I guess whoever wins will be up against Obama, right?
    I think Obama is a letdown too.
    Too bad for you leftists they have no commie candidates this time. Guess it's also a sad news for potential "occupiers" of certain other American cities (like those in Seattle).

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric C. View Post
    Too bad for you leftists they have no commie candidates this time. Guess it's also sad for potential "occupiers" of certain other American cities (like those in Seattle).

Who are you calling leftist?

And what's sad?

It's not surprising that Obama, Romney, Gingrich and Paul are all serving the same agenda.

What's surprising is how badly people want to make a fight over nothing.
    luck/life/kidkboom
    Грязные башмаки располагают к осмотрительности в выборе дороги. /*/ Muddy boots choose their roads with wisdom. ;

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by kidkboom View Post
    But... you wouldn't want to elect Germany to run Sweden, wouldja?
    I think you should swap the countries for this to be a more accurate analogy

Почтенный гражданин
    PS @ Hanna - My "ouch" is because the situation is rather "ouchy".. no offense at all - and in fact what you said is pretty resemblent of what a lot of US citizens are thinking right now. Romney and Gingrich are frightening creatures without morals or a decent understanding of how easy it is for the prez of the US to blow up the world. And Paul, while I'm a proponent of at least one of the things he wants to legalize, has always been a fringe player because of his weird ideas. So like I said Hanna, hard to disagree with what you say - but, ouch )
    luck/life/kidkboom

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by kidkboom View Post
    Who are you calling leftist?

And what's sad?

It's not surprising that Obama, Romney, Gingrich and Paul are all serving the same agenda.

What's surprising is how badly people want to make a fight over nothing.
    Not you, obviously. See, I had to generalize and put it as "leftistS" so that my post wouldn't be taken down for a personal attack. Well, you got it.

Nothing to fight over, really. Everyone's serving the same agenda which could've been MUCH worse, to put it simply.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric C. View Post
    Not you, obviously. See, I had to generalize and put it as "leftistS" so that my post wouldn't be taken down for a personal attack. Well, you got it.

Nothing to fight over, really. Everyone's serving the same agenda which could've been MUCH worse, to put it simply.

Well, my opinion is really that the comics in this video are making a good point - one of them is an american anyway.. the thing is the point would lead people to address the way we pick our candidates for presidency in this country, and that's a really big can of worms that people don't wanna open up..

In the meantime, it's easy to see what can happen to a democratic system when it doesn't have (enough) choices
    luck/life/kidkboom

Quote Originally Posted by rockzmom View Post
    Hey Croc... whatcha think... eh??
    Can't watch videos at work. I'll have a look when I get home.

Hanna
    I have never been to Canada, but I am a real fan anyway! Such a cool country and totally unpretentious. I think it's the most decent of all the English speaking countries, even possibly more than Ireland and New Zealand, even though it is hard to compare.
    But the Canadians can play icehockey!!!

Banned
    But the Canadians can play icehockey!!!
    Russians proved them wrong
    Just kidding

Hanna
    Also, even though it's a cold country, they don't booze as much as Scandinavians or Russians.
    And they don't get carried away with political stuff quite as much (I think), although I don't know a great deal about Canada's affairs. It just seems very sympathetic though.

Banned
    Also, even though it's a cold country, they don't booze as much as Scandinavians or Russians.
    Government monopoly on alcohol and tobacco (in Ontario at least). Comes with higher prices and unhandy stores working hours

Provincial liquor control boards. Home brewing is legal though, for beer and wine (and ice wine).

Hanna
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomer View Post
    Government monopoly on alcohol and tobacco (in Ontario at least). Comes with higher prices and unhandy stores working hours
    Really? You have special state owned shops for that in Canada too? I thought that was unique for Scandinavia. It's a fantastic source of income for the state though! Probably the best deal they ever did...

Since moving back to Sweden all of these quirky things feel decidedly less charming. Fortunately I drink so little that a couple of trips to this shop a year more than covers for my drinking needs. But my word, is the staff in this shop rude!! They treat the customers like naughty children that don't deserve to even come in the shop...

How's the free medical care in Canada? In the UK it's more or less ok, although the experience is not luxurious, just basic "needs met". In Sweden you actually have to pay about USD 20 or so to go to the Doctor nowaday. However, when you paid about 150 USD you don't have to pay any more for a year - that is the maximum spending limit, including medicines. All of it then becomes free. It probably costs more administer the payments than what they actually make from it, so it seems a bit pointless. The feeling in the UK is nicer - no money exchanges hands at the surgery or at the hospital. In Sweden the standard is marginally higher though, since private health insurance is very unusual. In the UK most well-to-do people still prefer to go private if they have stay in the hospital.