Thread: Равнение на середину

Равнение на середину

Здравствуйте!
    Что значит "Равнение на середину"?

Заранее большое спасибо!!

- Старший лейтенант Кравцов встать смирно! Строиться! Равнение на середину!
    Кому - нары, кому - Канары.

That's an army phrase. It's not used in everyday language. What does it mean? Well, imagine you got a bunch of soldiers lined up in front of you (in long line), and you as the commander stand right in front of them, in the middle, to be seen and heard well enough by everyone in the lineup, and then you order them----- Равняйсь! (everybody turns their head right at the command, except for the one who's at the lineup's right end ) ---- Смирно!!! (everybody returns to the "soldier stance", the head is up and looking straight forward) ------- Равнение на середину! ------- You say that so everyone must then stop being in "soldier stance" and look at you and pay undivided attention to you (remember that you are in the middle).

So that's the general explanation of the command. Of course, there are situations when you say this command before everybody's lined up, like in your own example. But I think I made it clear enough that this command is used by commanders when they have something to say to their lower-ranked personnel.
    I do not claim that my opinion is absolutely true.
    If you've spotted any mistake in my English, please, correct it. I want to be aware of any mistakes to efficiently eliminate them before they become a habit.

openspace.ru Непонятно, кто там равняется на середину и при чём здесь индийские солдаты?

Dmitry Khomichuk
    равнение бывает еще на-право и на-лево. Не только на-середину.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by iCake View Post
    Равняйсь! (everybody turns their head right at the command, except for the one who's at the lineup's right end )
    I just want to add that the idea is when you turn your head to the right you supposed to see not more (or less, if possible) than 3 guys standing on your right, that would mean that you formed perfect straight line with them, otherwise you need to correct you position in the rank. It is especially hard when the whole rank is moving/marching. The first guy in the rank (either on the far right side or on the far left side, depending on the alignment) never turns his head, the idea is when the whole rank is moving he supposed to see where to go and everybody else in the rank is равняется to him.

Равнение на право/лево/середину used only when the rank is standing and basically means everybody supposed to look on the superior officer who stand either on the right or left or in the middle and in front of the rank/squad etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampada View Post
    openspace.ru Непонятно, кто там равняется на середину и при чём здесь индийские солдаты?
    Вам надо нажимать на стрелочку, чтобы видеть тех индийских.
    Кому - нары, кому - Канары.