Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Alex80

Thread: подавляющее количество сделок в столице - порядка 70 процентов - были альтернативными

Увлечённый спикер

подавляющее количество сделок в столице - порядка 70 процентов - были альтернативными

Full passage:
    И в докризисные времена подавляющее количество сделок в столице - порядка 70 процентов - были альтернативными. То есть речь идет фактически об обмене, с помощью которого в основном у нас и решаются жилищные проблемы. В кризис процент таких сделок вырос - до 80 - 90 процентов. А на таком рынке немного другие законы, поскольку "чистого" рынка фактически нет.

1. What is meant by были альтернативными? I checked the dictionary for альтернативный and don't quite get the meaning.
    2. I also don't quite understand the last sentence. I don't know if I understand the words correctly, otherwise I don't have the background knowledge.

My translation:
    "And before the financial crisis an overwhelming number of deals in Moscow - about 70% - were alternative. That is, we are talking, actually, exchange of flats, with the help of which we also solved housing problems as a whole. During the crisis percentage of these deals rose up to 80-90 percents. And in this kind of market some other laws, as long as no "clean" market actually exists."

Почтенный гражданин
    "What is meant by были альтернативными?"

It's a term "альтернативная сделка с недвижимостью": Что такое альтернативная сделка (альтернативная продажа)?
    You sell one property and immediately buy another one. Buying is chained with selling, so, you need relatively small amount of money to fill gap of values.

"А на таком рынке немного другие законы, поскольку "чистого" рынка фактически нет."
    Such a market has some changes in it's laws, because it is not actually a free/real market.

After USSR's strongly administrative economic system it's cliche to say about "free market" in publications.
    That is, imho, these conclusions of this article is pure bullshit.
    It IS free market as is. But author wants to find something different guilty in 'bad pricing'. 'Free market' still is 'golden cow' for him.
    "Here will come free market and everyone will be happy. If everyone are not happy - it is not free market' post-soviet bullshit.
    wonlon likes this.