Thread: В следующую неделю?

Почтенный гражданин

В следующую неделю?

Знакомая написала: «В следующую неделю мы все поедем кататься на карабле!» Ошибка ли это? Нас учили писать «на следующей неделе».

Завсегдатай

Re: В следующую неделю?

В принципе, ошибка. Я не слышала, чтобы так кто-нибудь говорил. Не знаю, может, так и можно сказать, но так и тянет исправить.
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Но можно сказать: в следующую среду, пятницу, субботу, в следующий понедельник, вторник, чертверг и в следующее воскресенье, в мой следующий приезд.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Оля
    More:

1. We don't use the phrase "to sound fine" in English, either (to be honest, this is a big surprise for me I always use this expression... and I thought "to sound fine" was okay. Is it really that wrong?)
    Оля, this is the reason that I say that we should not criticize so closely. Both English and Russian speakers on this forum are too quick to say that something is wrong...especially when it is really just a personal preference or regional. Many people are unaware that some things they say are only regional because they have not travelled. I hope you understand.

Take the word that I just used above, "travelled". Some will say that it is spelled wrong but this is the Australian/British English spelling of "traveled", (USA spelling.)

I will agree with you that, "to sound fine", sounds OK!
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Почтенный гражданин

Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    I will agree with you that, "to sound fine", sounds OK!
    Or rather, it sounds fine.
    Correct my mistakes and I will give you +1 internets.

Почётный участник

Quote Originally Posted by doninphxaz
    Знакомая написала: «В следующей неделе мы все поедем кататься на корабле!» Ошибка ли это? Нас учили писать «на следующей неделе».
    Поискал в следующей неделе в Гугле. Не нашел.
    Так не говорят

Завсегдатай

Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    Оля, this is the reason that I say that we should not criticize so closely. Both English and Russian speakers on this forum are too quick to say that something is wrong...especially when it is really just a personal preference or regional. Many people are unaware that some things they say are only regional because they have not travelled. I hope you understand.

Take the word that I just used above, "travelled". Some will say that it is spelled wrong but this is the Australian/British English spelling of "traveled", (USA spelling.)
    DDT, many foreingers can't or don't want to understand that Russian language is much more uniform than English or any other. There is no such things in Russian as "correct regionally". Russian does not have "different" spelling, like "traveled" and "travelled", it only has the correct and incorrect spelling. Maybe it's hard to understand and to believe it for people who always face with differences between BrE and AmE, and between nothern BrE and southern BrE, and AmE in NY and AmE in Los Angeles, and so on. But Russian language is different from this point of view. If a sentence sounds bad, it really sounds bad in overwhelming majority of cases. Of course, always some uneducated person can appear and say "Why, it sounds OK to me!"
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.