Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By iCake

Thread: Verbs in "- носит"

Verbs in "- носит"

Privet.

I don't want to sound disturbing but even if I use a dictionary I cannot understand the difference between the following four words.

1. уносить
    2. относить
    3. приносить
    4. нести

The only verb I know is приносить which means I take something (not living) from place A and bring it to place B.

Can someone please explain me with the examples their meanings.

уносить to take something away from a place
    относить to take something away from its current place and bring it to another one
    приносить to bring something to a new place after having taking it from its old place
    нести to carry something that is in your hands or as a burden

to make the difference between the words perfectly clear, let me provide an example:

Imagine a house with rooms, but only two of them are interesting to us, the first is a kitchen, and the other is a bedroom. There are three people in the house. The first is Jack, the second is Lidia, the third is Jerry.

Jack and Lidia are in the kitchen. Jerry is in the bedroom.

Lidia asked Jack to take an apple to the bedroom. So he took it and started moving towards the bedroom with it . From the point of Lidia's view Jack относит the apple, but from Jerry's point of view Jack приносит the apple. But, for Lidia Jack уносит the apple as well. However if Lidia didn't know where Jack took the apple to she could only say that Jack уносит the apple

For both Lidia and Jerry Jack несёт the apple because he moves holding the apple in his hands. (If he put the apple in a pocket, or in a backpack or in a purse or something similar, he'd still perform the носить action)

I hope this helps
    I do not claim that my opinion is absolutely true.
    If you've spotted any mistake in my English, please, correct it. I want to be aware of any mistakes to efficiently eliminate them before they become a habit.

iCake your answer is more than professional. My teacher failed to explain me these verbs in a simple way.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio1986 View Post
    iCake your answer is more than professional. My teacher failed to explain me these verbs in a simple way.
    Thank you, but I'm not even remotely professional, I just tried to come up with a simple and clear example, I think I pulled it off, then
    I do not claim that my opinion is absolutely true.
    If you've spotted any mistake in my English, please, correct it. I want to be aware of any mistakes to efficiently eliminate them before they become a habit.