Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Suffix.

  1. #1
    Почётный участник
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    9

    Suffix.

    Can someone describa this suffix is all about. I mean, sometimes you have to say a word who got two words in one.

    Like

    Strawwberry-Plant
    Tree-Chair
    Iron-Ring
    Rail-Way

    And so on, how do you know to make a great word in all theese four words?

    I mean, in Mask/Fem,Neu. Are they some special rules about it?

    When you describe for example time with a another substantiv you change time to adjetctic (Time=Morning/Day/Evening).

  2. #2
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Москва, Зеленоград.
    Posts
    2,040
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Suffix.

    Quote Originally Posted by mekko
    Can someone describa this suffix is all about. I mean, sometimes you have to say a word who got two words in one.

    Like

    Strawwberry-Plant
    Tree-Chair
    Iron-Ring
    Rail-Way

    And so on, how do you know to make a great word in all theese four words?

    I mean, in Mask/Fem,Neu. Are they some special rules about it?

    When you describe for example time with a another substantiv you change time to adjetctic (Time=Morning/Day/Evening).
    It is not a suffix. It is "соединительная гласная".
    О или Е.

    Самовар
    Вездеход
    Самолёт
    Пешеход

    Железнодорожный


    Or we use adjective(прилагательное)

    Клубничная фабрика , тьфу-ты! плантация
    Деревянный стул
    Железное кольцо
    Железная дорога


    Or change word order and use some preposition
    стул из дерева
    кольцо из железа

  3. #3
    Властелин wanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Russia,Obninsk
    Posts
    1,330
    Rep Power
    12
    Strawberry Plant - скорее "кустик клубники". В смысле - отдельное растение.
    Семь бед, один Reset

  4. #4
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Москва, Зеленоград.
    Posts
    2,040
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by wanja
    Strawberry Plant - скорее "кустик клубники". В смысле - отдельное растение.
    Пошутить не дают

  5. #5
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,216
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowik
    Quote Originally Posted by wanja
    Strawberry Plant - скорее "кустик клубники". В смысле - отдельное растение.
    Пошутить не дают
    Это второй раз когда я видел это выражение..... что значит?

  6. #6
    Завсегдатай Ramil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Other Universe
    Posts
    8,501
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowik
    Quote Originally Posted by wanja
    Strawberry Plant - скорее "кустик клубники". В смысле - отдельное растение.
    Пошутить не дают
    Это второй раз когда я видел это выражение..... что значит?
    Догадайся
    They don't let me to make a joke.
    There's no hidden or other meanings.
    Send me a PM if you need me.

  7. #7
    Властелин wanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Russia,Obninsk
    Posts
    1,330
    Rep Power
    12
    Power plant - энергия растения :P
    Семь бед, один Reset

  8. #8
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Russland
    Posts
    9,882
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    Это второй раз, когда я вижу это выражение..... что оно (or это) значит?
    Я уже второй раз вижу это выражение.
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

  9. #9
    Завсегдатай kalinka_vinnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sunnyvale, Cali
    Posts
    5,771
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramil
    Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowik
    Quote Originally Posted by wanja
    Strawberry Plant - скорее "кустик клубники". В смысле - отдельное растение.
    Пошутить не дают
    Это второй раз когда я видел это выражение..... что значит?
    Догадайся
    They don't let me to make a joke.
    There's no hidden or other meanings.
    а на такой ответ, базуреро, надо срочно ответить: пошутить не дают!
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

  10. #10
    Старший оракул
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    On 19 June, 1980
    Posts
    980
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowik
    Quote Originally Posted by wanja
    Strawberry Plant - скорее "кустик клубники". В смысле - отдельное растение.
    Пошутить не дают
    Это второй раз когда я видел это выражение..... что значит?
    Например, я пошутил, а ты к моей шутке начинаешь серьезно относиться. (Например, я написал "I would of been here" ради прикола, т.е. сознательно, а ты начинаешь это исправлять). Тогда я могу сказать "пошутить не дают"

Similar Threads

  1. nondescript suffix (-то)
    By hudozhnik in forum Grammar and Vocabulary
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: February 27th, 2009, 01:12 PM
  2. The -sky suffix on last names
    By sperk in forum Russian Names
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: December 29th, 2007, 03:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary