Thread: Sjoasja's path to serenity

Подающий надежды оратор

Sjoasja's path to serenity

Good day you fine and lovely people,

I have a Russian, or actually Belarussian Girlfriend (and soon a daughter, hurray!) so I'd like to learn the language.
    Many a time I try and send her text messages in Russian, but I never know if I've written it correctly (The grammar is quite tricky!).
    Therefore, I'd like to ask this group of enthusiastic learners to aid me and guide me through this foggy mist that is the Russian language.

For example, I wrote this to her this morning:

вчера, я учился по- кусски много и потому я могу говорю ето: Ты моя богиню...маладесь или не?! Наверно я гений!
    Yesterday, I learned Russian a lot and therefore I can say this: You are my Goddess!..Excellent, right?! Perhaps I'm a genius!

я даваю мой сердце тебе, но затем ты надо предоставляешь твой муж с мясо!
    I give my heart to you, but then, in return, you have to provide meat for your man!

I always try to write light and humorous messages because it motivates me to learn more! I do really want to understand the grammar behind it, so if you could spend a minute on this poor soul, I would be grateful! I'll likely post more messages as I go along in the thread just to keep it all centralized. And if anybody needs help with either Dutch ( I'm from the Netherlands ) or English ( adequate enough to help others) then let me know, I'd be glad to share and give back to this community.

Почётный участник
    Too blunder mistakes.
    "По русски", not "по-кусски", "это", not "ето". Any automatic translator will help you.

Подающий надежды оратор
    Wow - those are indeed stupid mistakes, and I honestly have no reason why I not changed those. Automatic translator would help, indeed, however, what I'm afraid of is that it translates word-for-word. Next to just writing small texts, I also follow the princeton course that is floating around the internet (highly recommend it, by the way, it is quite good), but I already see I have a long way ahead of me. I should be able to know the basics if I study 1 hour per day for the next 2 years, hopefully... Thanks for answering.

Here we go:

вчера, я учился по- кусски много и потому я могу говорю ето: Ты моя богиню...маладесь или не?! Наверно я гений!
    Yesterday, I learned Russian a lot and therefore I can say this: You are my Goddess!..Excellent, right?! Perhaps I'm a genius!
    Вчера я изучал русский много, и поэтому я могу сказать это: Ты моя богиня!.. Здорово, правда? Наверное я гений!

я даваю мой сердце тебе, но затем ты надо предоставляешь твой муж с мясо!
    I give my heart to you, but then, in return, you have to provide meat for your man!
    Я даю мое сердце тебе, но затем, наоборот, ты должна дать мясо своему мужчине!
    Please, can You correct, if I have made mistakes.

Вчера я долго занимался русским...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dondublon View Post
    Too blunder mistakes.
    "По русски", not "по-кусски", "это", not "ето". Any automatic translator will help you.
    по-русски пишется через дефис

Julienovich, try again, you almost got it

Подающий надежды оратор
    Thanks for the replies! I have a question though, about this: Наверное я гений! Why does 'Наверно' change to 'Наверное'? And about: 'богиня' in the sentence: 'Ты моя богиня!' I thought this noun functions as a direct object here, right? So shouldn't it be: 'богиню' ?

"Ты моя богиня" is ok.
    Please, can You correct, if I have made mistakes.