Thread: has snuck up on us

heartfelty

has snuck up on us

December has arrived once again, the weather is colder, the days are shorter, and the holiday season has snuck up on us once again.

Декабрь наступало ещё раз, погада есть больше холодный дни становятся короче, и отдыхать сезон прокрадывало на мы ещё раз.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by heartfelty View Post
    December has arrived once again, the weather is colder, the days are shorter, and the holiday season has snuck up on us once again.

Декабрь наступало ещё раз, погада есть больше холодный дни становятся короче, и отдыхать сезон прокрадывало на мы ещё раз.
    Where are you coming up with these crazy translations? I suggest using Google Translate. It at least gives you something resembling a reasonable version that you can work from:

Декабрь приехал еще раз, погода холоднее, дни короче, и праздничный сезон, неожиданно на нас снова.

heartfelty
    From now on I will translate them one word after another, then use Google translate, compare which has better translations, and submit. I want to learn. That is why I am doing them word for word. I get examples of their use in the dictionnary. Sometimes they have the same translations as the correctors. I will use Google Translate from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by heartfelty View Post
    From now on I will translate them one word after another, then use Google translate, compare which has better translations, and submit. I want to learn. That is why I am doing them word for word. I get examples of their use in the dictionnary. Sometimes they have the same translations as the correctors. I will use Google Translate from now on.
    If you really want get any success in learning you should start with any simplest grammar book first. Languages differs not only in the way the words are scripted but in the way the words are tied to one another that is called "grammar". The difference in scripting words is the easiest part of the language learning, if it was the only thing to know to speak a foreign language every human would speak tens of languages easily but it is obviously not the case.

So, once again, if you want to learn you should start with a simplest grammar first. Next you should practice in reading the foreign language. And only then you will be ready to write and compose sentences in the foreign language.

If you will continue to translate from English to Russian by replacing word's scripting it would only help to waste your time.
    If you will use Google translator to translate from English to Russian and ask for natives' help this help will be useful only for the Google programmers to improve their translating software but will not be of any help to your learning. Though I doubt the Google programmers are here to get this help.
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

CoffeeCup, he has been told it not once.
    "Россия для русских" - это неправильно. Остальные-то чем лучше?

heartfelty
    Do you know of any language forum whose members can tolerate my mistakes? I went to wordreference.com and somebody provoked me accusing me of using the GoogleTranslate which I did not only because it was perfect translation. Man, I went here to learn. I am a student. Hence, I make some mistakes but they are not as mortal as a beginner, aren't they? Man, I fell in love with a Russian-Canadian lawyer who encourages me to learn the Russian language. (..sobbing..)

You don't learn Russian by writing grammatically wrong sentences. Get a grammar book, do the exercises. Textbooks are geared to your current level of knowledge. The texts you are trying to translate are not. Language learning is more than translation. Writing nonsensical Russian just reinforces incorrect learning. If you write it incorrectly you will learn it incorrectly. Use a grammar textbook for first-year students.

Quote Originally Posted by heartfelty
    Do you know of any language forum whose members can tolerate my mistakes?
    Since you don't plan to learn any grammar and reading in the first place you've not done any mistakes yet.

There is an old Russian joke:

An uneducated man went to a university and ask for writer's courses. He was asked whether he can read at all? He replied "I ain't no going to be kinda reader, I need be kinda writer only."
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

An uneducated man went to a university and ask for writer's courses. He was asked whether he can read at all? He replied "I ain't no going to be kinda reader, I need be kinda writer only."
    That is a great joke! Very true, too. I've been a writer (journalism mostly) all of my life and the secret to writing well is to READ often and widely, as much as possible.
    Вот потому, что вы говорите то, что не думаете, и думаете то, что не думаете, вот в клетках и сидите. И вообще, весь этот горький катаклизм, который я здесь наблюдаю, и Владимир Николаевич тоже…

Почтенный гражданин
    Yes, you're going about things the wrong way. You should be reading in Russian and try to translate into English, not try to translate random phrases from English into Russian.

heartfelty
    I read the grammar book and still have been reading. Notice how I can conjugate and label them either perfective or imperfective correctly. Notice how sometimes my declensions turn out to be correct. Ok, I will keep on reading. I will borrow Doestovsky`s two novels, one written in Russian the other in English annd I will read more!

No, no not Dostoyevsky's (note my spelling) two novels! It will not help. Buy a Russian textbook, read it.

heartfelty
    Never mind. I found another girl which means another language. Serbian! She's hotter!

kvs
    Почётный участник
    Декабрь наступало ещё раз, погада есть больше холодный дни становятся короче, и отдыхать сезон прокрадывало на мы ещё раз
    Наступил декабрь (Пришел декабрь), погода стала холоднее, дни стали короче и снова к нам пришли праздники (имеются ввиду новогодние и Рождественские праздники)

kvs
    Почётный участник
    Карл Маркс. Капитал. Том1, глава 1. ТОВАР И ДЕНЬГИ ТОВАР 1. ДВА ФАКТОРА ТОВАРА: ПОТРЕБИТЕЛЬНАЯ СТОИМОСТЬ И СТОИМОСТЬ (СУБСТАНЦИЯ СТОИМОСТИ, ВЕЛИЧИНА СТОИМОСТИ)
    Богатство обществ, в которых господствует капиталистический способ производства, выступает как «огромное скопление товаров» 1), а отдельный товар — как элементарная форма этого богатства. Наше исследование начинается поэтому анализом товара.
    Товар есть прежде всего внешний предмет, вещь, которая, благодаря её свойствам, удовлетворяет какие-либо человеческие потребности. Природа этих потребностей, — порождаются ли они, например, желудком или фантазией, — ничего не изменяет в деле 2). Дело также не в том, как именно удовлетворяет данная вещь человеческую потребность: непосредственно ли, как жизненное средство, т. е. как предмет потребления, или окольным путём, как средство производства.
    Каждую полезную вещь, как, например, железо, бумагу и т. д., можно рассматривать с двух точек зрения: со стороны качества и со стороны количества. Каждая такая вещь есть совокупность многих свойств и поэтому может быть полезна различными своими сторонами. Открыть эти различные стороны, а следовательно, и многообразные способы употребления

kvs
    Почётный участник
    вещей, есть дело исторического развития 3). То же самое следует сказать об отыскании общественных мер для количественной стороны полезных вещей. Различия товарных мер отчасти определяются различной природой самих измеряемых предметов, отчасти же являются условными.

Найдите на английском Капитал Карла Маркса и читайте темными, зимними вечерами

heartfelty

kvs
    Почётный участник
    Russian text.
    Вступительное слово В.В.Путина:
    Добрый день, уважаемые коллеги, друзья!
    Я сегодня предлагаю поговорить по одной из самых важных, острых и востребованных тем – по народосбережению, по демографической проблеме.
    За последние годы мы доказали, уважаемые коллеги, что можем добиваться результата, концентрируя внимание на ключевых направлениях нашей работы, и демографические программы работают. По итогам 2011 года население России превысило 143 млн человек, а продолжительность жизни теперь у нас преодолела 70-летний рубеж (70,3). Такие показатели превзошли даже наши собственные ожидания и ожидания наших экспертов – и зарубежных, и отечественных. Согласно прогнозам ООН, к 2015 году в России численность населения должна была бы составить 136,7 млн человек. По данным Росстата, по предварительным данным, по прежним данным – 142,2 млн человек. Но, имея в виду наши демографические программы, мы с вами к 2015 году планировали выйти на среднюю продолжительность жизни 70 лет. К 2015 году. По результатам прошлого года эта планка уже преодолена. За период с 2005 по 2011 год ожидаемая продолжительность жизни увеличилась на пять лет.
    Отмечу, что население страны увеличилось не только за счёт миграционного притока, но прежде всего в России снижается смертность и увеличивается рождаемость. Естественная убыль населения – она пока, к сожалению, ещё есть – сократилась у нас до минимума за последние 20 лет, а почти в трети российских регионов зафиксирован естественный прирост населения. Почти в трети регионов Российской Федерации! Татьяна Алексеевна (Т.А.Голикова) знает все эти показатели – я попрошу её в своём выступлении сказать об этом. Это в значительной степени результаты работы руководителей регионов Российской Федерации.
    Начиная с 2006 года, нами принимаются действительно масштабные меры по сокращению смертности от инфаркта, инсульта, онкологических заболеваний и дорожных травм. Мы развиваем высокотехнологичную помощь, делая её максимально доступной, хотя и здесь, конечно, ещё очень много проблем, недофинансирование, считаю, ещё большое, и наши медицинские учреждения могли бы оказывать эту высокотехнологичную помощь в большем объёме, имей они достаточное финансирование.

English text
    Opening remarks by Vladimir Putin:
    Good afternoon, colleagues and friends.
    Today I would like to talk about one the most important, pressing and challenging issues we face today – how to look after our population, and how to improve our demography.
    In recent years we have proved, esteemed colleagues, that we can get results. If we focus on the key directions of our work then our demographic policies will work. The data for 2011 shows that the population of Russia has reached 143 million, and average life expectancy is now above 70 years (70.3). These figures exceeded even our own expectations, as well as those of experts both here in Russia and abroad. According to UN forecasts, the population of Russia was expected to reach 136.7 million by 2015. According to the Federal State Statistics Service, our previous data, this figure should be 142.2 million. And based on our demographic programmes, we were planning to bring life expectancy up to 70 years by 2015. I repeat, by 2015. But last year's results demonstrate that this milestone has already been reached. In the period 2005-2011 life expectancy jumped by five years.
    I would like to point out that the increase in the population is not simply a result of immigration; it's due primarily to the falling death rate and the rising birth rate in Russia. Natural population loss, unfortunately, is still there, but it’s at its lowest level in 20 years, and almost a third of Russia's regions have registered a natural population increase. Almost one third of Russia's regions! Ms Golikova (Tatyana Golikova, Minister of Healthcare and Social Development) knows all about these figures, I would like to ask her to speak about them when her turn comes. This is due in large part to the work of the regional heads.
    Since 2006, we have made great strides in reducing deaths from heart attacks, strokes, cancer and road accidents. We are developing high-tech healthcare and making it accessible to everyone, although admittedly we still have many problems to resolve in this area, insufficient funding being, I think, the main one. Our medical institutions could provide this high-tech care on a much larger scale if they had the necessary resources.