Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Inego
  • 1 Post By Inego
  • 3 Post By Paul G.
  • 1 Post By John_Douglas
  • 1 Post By Paul G.
  • 1 Post By Paul G.

Thread: Какая разница между "приводить" и "привозить"?

  1. #1
    Завсегдатай Antonio1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Пафос - Кипр
    Posts
    1,719
    Rep Power
    9

    Какая разница между "приводить" и "привозить"?

    Privet.
    The dictionary says in both cases bring someone (alive) from place A to place B so I cannot understand the difference.

  2. #2
    Почтенный гражданин Inego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Novosibirsk, Russia
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    9
    The difference is in the means of transportation: приводить supposes that the person brought came on foot while привозить means the person arrived on a vehicle.
    Antonio1986 likes this.

  3. #3
    Завсегдатай Antonio1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Пафос - Кипр
    Posts
    1,719
    Rep Power
    9
    I fully undestood:
    1. I brougth the childrend from the school: Я привел детей из школы (This means that we walked together from the school to house)
    2. They brought the tourists with the bus: Они привезли туристов автобусом.
    Pravil'no?

  4. #4
    Почтенный гражданин Inego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Novosibirsk, Russia
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    9
    Совершенно верно!
    Я привел детей из школы = Пришли вместе пешком.
    Я привез детей из школы = Доехали на машине или общественном транспорте.
    Antonio1986 likes this.

  5. #5
    Paul G.
    Guest
    "Приводить" usually implies an animated object (a human, an animal etc), someone who can move by foot (sort of "to accompany", but one person is a leader, who leads others). It looks like you lead a dog or something. Sometimes it can refer to an inanimate person, too. For example, to ships (in Russian "ship" is an inanimate object).
    Also it can be used in figurative sense, when you don't lead someone physically, but they appear in the place you need because of your actions. Or when something sets you to a special condition.
    Some examples:
    Я привел (past t.) этого человека к нам на работу. (usually it implies figurative sense, like "I did something and this person became our employee")
    События привели его в ужас. (figurative sense, "The events horrified him")
    Это привело меня к пониманию задачи. (figurative sense, "it led me to understanding of the task")
    Петя приводит свою собаку на выставку каждый год.
    Она привела меня в комнату.
    Капитан привел судно в порт.

    "Привозить" means to bring something/someone by transport. It's sort of "to convey something to a certain place by transport".
    Examples:
    Я привез (past t.) с Кипра много сувениров. (here it doesn't implies any transport directly, but we understand that I can move only by transport, so I was carrying the things and the transport was "carrying" me)
    Он привозит нам вкусные апельсины каждую неделю. (the same thing)
    Водитель привез груз на склад.
    Эта компания привозит нам товары каждый день.
    Я привезу (future t.) тебе что-нибудь интересное оттуда. (I will bring something interesting from there)
    Я привез жену на работу. (it implies we used a car and I was driving)
    Lampada, Doomer and Antonio1986 like this.

  6. #6
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    209
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Inego View Post
    Совершенно верно!
    Я привел детей из школы = Пришли вместе пешком.
    Я привез детей из школы = Доехали на машине или общественном транспорте.

    wouldn't you say

    со школы in these cases?

  7. #7
    Властелин iCake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Siberia, the Earth
    Posts
    1,176
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Inego
    Я привел детей из школы = Пришли вместе пешком.
    Я привез детей из школы = Доехали на машине или общественном транспорте.
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Douglas View Post
    wouldn't you say

    со школы in these cases?
    No, a school is considered to be an enclosed place, so you have to use the из preposition if you mean moving someone or something from an enclosed space (like a chest, room etc.)

    In fact, привезти детей со школы would sound as if the children were on the roof of the school and then they just plunged off the roof and into your car (or whatever)

    However, you would use привезти/привести c/cо something if the something is not considered to be an enclosed space. E.G

    Я привёз детей с пляжа that would be correct, because пляж isn't considered an enclosed space.
    If you say привезти детей из пляжа that would sound as if the children were deep under the beach's ground
    I do not claim that my opinion is absolutely true.
    If you've spotted any mistake in my English, please, correct it. I want to be aware of any mistakes to efficiently eliminate them before they become a habit.

  8. #8
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    209
    Rep Power
    8
    but doesn't привезти детей из школы sound like you're driving your car out of the school building?

  9. #9
    Властелин iCake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Siberia, the Earth
    Posts
    1,176
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Douglas View Post
    but doesn't привезти детей из школы sound like you're driving your car out of the school building?
    Nope, as I see you don't completely understand the word's meaning, it doesn't focus on the fact that you're driving your car out of the school building, that focuses on the fact that you take someone or something out of the school building.

    Let's take a closer look at the word. Привезти (maybe you already know, but I'll remind you that the imperfective form of this verb is привозить) is a derivative of the word воз. Let's see what a воз is. It's a kind of a cart. So привезти means to transport something to a particular place using a cart. Now it is obvious that you have to put things on the cart first to start to transport them somewhere. So first thing's first. I hope you can see now what this word really means and why it focuses on the fact of taking things first and not driving from somewhere
    I do not claim that my opinion is absolutely true.
    If you've spotted any mistake in my English, please, correct it. I want to be aware of any mistakes to efficiently eliminate them before they become a habit.

  10. #10
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    209
    Rep Power
    8
    Got it, so if I brought someone from the roof of the school in a helicoptor, I would say "я привертолетил его со школы."

  11. #11
    Властелин iCake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Siberia, the Earth
    Posts
    1,176
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Douglas View Post
    Got it, so if I brought someone from the roof of the school in a helicoptor, I would say "я привертолётил его со школы."
    Well, there's no such word as привертолётить but I bet everyone would understand what it means. The preposition is used correctly
    I do not claim that my opinion is absolutely true.
    If you've spotted any mistake in my English, please, correct it. I want to be aware of any mistakes to efficiently eliminate them before they become a habit.

  12. #12
    Завсегдатай Antonio1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Пафос - Кипр
    Posts
    1,719
    Rep Power
    9
    Paul спасибо больше для вашего аналитического ответа. Но у меня есть один дополнительный вопрос:
    Вы написали: Я перевез с Кипра много сувениров.
    In another post I was asking the difference between "приводить" and "приносить". Based on what I learned there I would say: Я принес с Кипра много сувениров because souvenirs are not alived.
    Тоже я не понял когда вы русские используете "c". As a no native I will certainly used the expression: Я перевез из Кипра много сувениров. As I understand in many cases you used "c" in some fixed expressions e.g. Я еду с работы. Is there any rule?

  13. #13
    Paul G.
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonio1986 View Post
    Вы написали: Я перевез с Кипра много сувениров.
    No. I wrote "Я привез...". "Перевез" means kinda "I transported". Like "Я перевез свою мебель в новую квартиру".

    Quote Originally Posted by Antonio1986 View Post
    In another post I was asking the difference between "приводить" and "приносить". Based on what I learned there I would say: Я принес с Кипра много сувениров because souvenirs are not alived.
    "Я принес с Кипра много сувениров" implies you went by foot from Cyprus. Because "нести" means "to carry/bear", but by foot:
    Я принес из магазина много вещей.
    Я принесу эти документы на работу.

    Quote Originally Posted by Antonio1986 View Post
    Тоже я не понял когда вы русские используете "c". As a no native I will certainly used the expression: Я перевез из Кипра много сувениров. As I understand in many cases you used "c" in some fixed expressions e.g. Я еду с работы. Is there any rule?
    Yes, that's a very complicated topic for the non-native speakers. But I think, I can shed the light on it.
    In general, the rule looks like this:
    When you mean an island (Cyprus, Cuba etc), some regions (for instance, Caucasus) or directions (North, South etc), you should use "на" or "с".
    Examples: Я лечу на Кипр (to). Я улетаю с Кипра (from). Я буду на Кубе завтра (to). Мы приехали на Кавказ (to). Я еду на север (to). Я приехал с юга (from). На Кипре есть много красивых мест (situation/location).

    When you mean countries/states/city, you should use "в" and "из".
    Examples: Я еду в Россию (to). Я приехал из России (from). Я поеду в Никосию завтра (to). Я привез из Пафоса сувениры (from). В Пафосе есть порт и ювелирный магазин (situation/location).
    Exception: на Украине. Я поеду на Украину завтра.

    That's just a basic pattern. Actually, there are some exceptions and nuances. But now you've got a main concept.
    Antonio1986 likes this.

  14. #14
    Завсегдатай Antonio1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Пафос - Кипр
    Posts
    1,719
    Rep Power
    9
    So привозить is for both living and not living. Perfect.
    I also undestood 100% the "c" - Analysis (Some Areas and All Islands / "на" or "с" vs Countries / "в" and "из" )
    Do people from Ukraine agree with the "на Украине"? Don't answer. I already know the answer.

  15. #15
    Paul G.
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonio1986 View Post
    Do people from Ukraine agree with the "на Украине"? Don't answer. I already know the answer.
    You are a very discerning person!
    Antonio1986 likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Какая разница между: "ездить" и "ехать".
    By Antonio1986 in forum Grammar and Vocabulary
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: April 16th, 2013, 11:18 AM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: November 22nd, 2010, 08:37 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 16th, 2010, 12:13 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 17th, 2009, 08:07 PM
  5. разница между "учить" и "обучать"
    By gunners in forum Grammar and Vocabulary
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: July 10th, 2008, 04:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary