Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Inego
  • 1 Post By Inego
  • 3 Post By Paul G.
  • 1 Post By John_Douglas
  • 1 Post By Paul G.
  • 1 Post By Paul G.

Thread: Какая разница между "приводить" и "привозить"?

Какая разница между "приводить" и "привозить"?

Privet.
    The dictionary says in both cases bring someone (alive) from place A to place B so I cannot understand the difference.

The difference is in the means of transportation: приводить supposes that the person brought came on foot while привозить means the person arrived on a vehicle.
    Antonio1986 likes this.

I fully undestood:
    1. I brougth the childrend from the school: Я привел детей из школы (This means that we walked together from the school to house)
    2. They brought the tourists with the bus: Они привезли туристов автобусом.
    Pravil'no?

Совершенно верно!
    Я привел детей из школы = Пришли вместе пешком.
    Я привез детей из школы = Доехали на машине или общественном транспорте.
    Antonio1986 likes this.

Paul G.
    "Приводить" usually implies an animated object (a human, an animal etc), someone who can move by foot (sort of "to accompany", but one person is a leader, who leads others). It looks like you lead a dog or something. Sometimes it can refer to an inanimate person, too. For example, to ships (in Russian "ship" is an inanimate object).
    Also it can be used in figurative sense, when you don't lead someone physically, but they appear in the place you need because of your actions. Or when something sets you to a special condition.
    Some examples:
    Я привел (past t.) этого человека к нам на работу. (usually it implies figurative sense, like "I did something and this person became our employee")
    События привели его в ужас. (figurative sense, "The events horrified him")
    Это привело меня к пониманию задачи. (figurative sense, "it led me to understanding of the task")
    Петя приводит свою собаку на выставку каждый год.
    Она привела меня в комнату.
    Капитан привел судно в порт.

"Привозить" means to bring something/someone by transport. It's sort of "to convey something to a certain place by transport".
    Examples:
    Я привез (past t.) с Кипра много сувениров. (here it doesn't implies any transport directly, but we understand that I can move only by transport, so I was carrying the things and the transport was "carrying" me)
    Он привозит нам вкусные апельсины каждую неделю. (the same thing)
    Водитель привез груз на склад.
    Эта компания привозит нам товары каждый день.
    Я привезу (future t.) тебе что-нибудь интересное оттуда. (I will bring something interesting from there)
    Я привез жену на работу. (it implies we used a car and I was driving)
    Lampada, Doomer and Antonio1986 like this.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Inego View Post
    Совершенно верно!

wouldn't you say

со школы in these cases?

Quote Originally Posted by Inego
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Douglas View Post
    wouldn't you say

со школы in these cases?
    No, a school is considered to be an enclosed place, so you have to use the из preposition if you mean moving someone or something from an enclosed space (like a chest, room etc.)

In fact, привезти детей со школы would sound as if the children were on the roof of the school and then they just plunged off the roof and into your car (or whatever)

However, you would use привезти/привести c/cо something if the something is not considered to be an enclosed space. E.G

Я привёз детей с пляжа that would be correct, because пляж isn't considered an enclosed space.
    If you say привезти детей из пляжа that would sound as if the children were deep under the beach's ground
    I do not claim that my opinion is absolutely true.
    If you've spotted any mistake in my English, please, correct it. I want to be aware of any mistakes to efficiently eliminate them before they become a habit.

Почтенный гражданин
    but doesn't привезти детей из школы sound like you're driving your car out of the school building?

but doesn't привезти детей из школы sound like you're driving your car out of the school building?
    Nope, as I see you don't completely understand the word's meaning, it doesn't focus on the fact that you're driving your car out of the school building, that focuses on the fact that you take someone or something out of the school building.

Let's take a closer look at the word. Привезти (maybe you already know, but I'll remind you that the imperfective form of this verb is привозить) is a derivative of the word воз. Let's see what a воз is. It's a kind of a cart. So привезти means to transport something to a particular place using a cart. Now it is obvious that you have to put things on the cart first to start to transport them somewhere. So first thing's first. I hope you can see now what this word really means and why it focuses on the fact of taking things first and not driving from somewhere
    If you've spotted any mistake in my English, please, correct it. I want to be aware of any mistakes to efficiently eliminate them before they become a habit.

Почтенный гражданин
    Got it, so if I brought someone from the roof of the school in a helicoptor, I would say "я привертолетил его со школы."

Got it, so if I brought someone from the roof of the school in a helicoptor, I would say "я привертолётил его со школы."
    Well, there's no such word as привертолётить but I bet everyone would understand what it means. The preposition is used correctly

Paul спасибо больше для вашего аналитического ответа. Но у меня есть один дополнительный вопрос:
    Вы написали: Я перевез с Кипра много сувениров.
    In another post I was asking the difference between "приводить" and "приносить". Based on what I learned there I would say: Я принес с Кипра много сувениров because souvenirs are not alived.
    Тоже я не понял когда вы русские используете "c". As a no native I will certainly used the expression: Я перевез из Кипра много сувениров. As I understand in many cases you used "c" in some fixed expressions e.g. Я еду с работы. Is there any rule?

Paul G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonio1986 View Post
    Вы написали: Я перевез с Кипра много сувениров.
    No. I wrote "Я привез...". "Перевез" means kinda "I transported". Like "Я перевез свою мебель в новую квартиру".

In another post I was asking the difference between "приводить" and "приносить". Based on what I learned there I would say: Я принес с Кипра много сувениров because souvenirs are not alived.
    "Я принес с Кипра много сувениров" implies you went by foot from Cyprus. Because "нести" means "to carry/bear", but by foot:
    Я принес из магазина много вещей.
    Я принесу эти документы на работу.

Тоже я не понял когда вы русские используете "c". As a no native I will certainly used the expression: Я перевез из Кипра много сувениров. As I understand in many cases you used "c" in some fixed expressions e.g. Я еду с работы. Is there any rule?
    Yes, that's a very complicated topic for the non-native speakers. But I think, I can shed the light on it.
    In general, the rule looks like this:
    When you mean an island (Cyprus, Cuba etc), some regions (for instance, Caucasus) or directions (North, South etc), you should use "на" or "с".
    Examples: Я лечу на Кипр (to). Я улетаю с Кипра (from). Я буду на Кубе завтра (to). Мы приехали на Кавказ (to). Я еду на север (to). Я приехал с юга (from). На Кипре есть много красивых мест (situation/location).

When you mean countries/states/city, you should use "в" and "из".
    Examples: Я еду в Россию (to). Я приехал из России (from). Я поеду в Никосию завтра (to). Я привез из Пафоса сувениры (from). В Пафосе есть порт и ювелирный магазин (situation/location).
    Exception: на Украине. Я поеду на Украину завтра.

That's just a basic pattern. Actually, there are some exceptions and nuances. But now you've got a main concept.
    Antonio1986 likes this.

So привозить is for both living and not living. Perfect.
    I also undestood 100% the "c" - Analysis (Some Areas and All Islands / "на" or "с" vs Countries / "в" and "из" )
    Do people from Ukraine agree with the "на Украине"? Don't answer. I already know the answer.

Paul G.
    Do people from Ukraine agree with the "на Украине"? Don't answer. I already know the answer.
    You are a very discerning person!
    Antonio1986 likes this.