Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By iCake
  • 1 Post By alexsms

Thread: достроенный и застроенный дом

достроенный и застроенный дом

How is correctly translated the word "unfinished house" (It is not yet built totally i.e. there are some wall standing).
    достроенный и застроенный

Also if we want to say that the house is already built what we say: Дом уже построен в 2014 году!

Also in English we have the expression: off-plan house. This is a house that exists only in the architectural plans that it was not built at all.
    Чем больше слов, тем меньше они стоят.

недостроенный дом is what you're looking for.

Don't use достроенный дом without proper context, which I can't think of off the top of my head. Just say:

дом (был) построен or дом построили.

Your Дом уже построен в 2014 году!. It's fine but be careful with уже, proper context is needed here as well.

As for an off-plan house... I don't think we have a simple adjective to describe just that. I'm afraid we have to go the extra mile to describe that. Like:

дом существующий только на бумаге/в планах or запланированный к строительству дом.

Note: there is something very close to an off-plan house/building if you go for a literal translation. But be wary of that this one would have a different meaning:

внеплановый дом

That one means that a house was built without proper documents or even without permit.

BTW Happy New Year I hope your business will grow this year. I also hope you'll find everything that you seek.
    Antonio1986 likes this.
    I do not claim that my opinion is absolutely true.
    If you've spotted any mistake in my English, please, correct it. I want to be aware of any mistakes to efficiently eliminate them before they become a habit.

Почтенный гражданин
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Off-plan_property
    has russian version:
    https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Off-plan
    This looks strange for me. I thought it is: https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%94...82%D0%B2%D0%BE
    this page doesn't have reference to english version... Maybe it is real meaning? I never heard of "off-plan строительство", but "долевое строительство" is everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex80 View Post
    Maybe it is real meaning? I never heard of "off-plan строительство", but "долевое строительство" is everywhere.
    Долевое строительство is when people who want to buy an apartment invest in the construction of the building they want that apartment in. This way they don't buy a specific apartment but just have there "share" in the overall construction cost. This is where долевое comes from. Ты в доле

Unfortunately this is where those people often get ripped off. As they don't buy an apartment there can be hundreds of excuses to not build the building afterwards.
    If you've spotted any mistake in my English, please, correct it. I want to be aware of any mistakes to efficiently eliminate them before they become a habit.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by iCake View Post
    Долевое строительство is when people who want to buy an apartment invest in the construction of the building they want that apartment in. This way they don't buy a specific apartment but just have there "share" in the overall construction cost. This is where долевое comes from. Ты в доле

Unfortunately this is where those people often get ripped off. As they don't buy an apartment there can be hundreds of excuses to not build the building afterwards.
    Read about "off-plan" english article in wiki. Compare it to "долевое строительство" in russian wiki. It is the same thing at all. Even "risks". It is not my imagination:
    Risks of buying off-plan...
    The constructor may go out of business before construction of the property is completed and the buyer may not be able to recover the monies advanced.
    There is the difference??

Почтенный гражданин
    P.S.

As far as I undertsand now, difference is in "share" or not "share" if buyer is single person or company.
    It makes sence.
    However I never heard of "off-plan строительство". It seems to me this term is not widespreaded in Russia.

Wiki isn't always a reliable source of information. What Antonio described doesn't fit the definition of off-plan in both versions of that wiki article.

Почтенный гражданин
    What Antonio described doesn't fit the definition of off-plan in both versions of that wiki article.
    Yes. But he used term which means widespreaded information from wiki.
    He is not native english, so all this theme may be misinterpetation.

Quote Originally Posted by iCake View Post

BTW Happy New Year I hope your business will grow this year. I also hope you'll find everything that you seek.
    Спасибо i-Cake.
    I wish also the best to you and your family
    Чем больше слов, тем меньше они стоят.

Властелин
    достроенный дом - house which is finished
    застроенный дом - doesn't make sense. You can say - застроенная территория (i.e. area complete with buildings), застроенный двор, застроенная улица, etc.
    Antonio1986 likes this.