Thread: вторичный сырь в значении - recycle

Старший оракул

вторичный сырь в значении - recycle

ever since i got the translation for the word сырь as propane-oil ratio i haven't liked it...
    anyhow, while at work i was looking at the patio doors and windows that were fitted and noticed that on the the protective film there was a russian translation reading:
    Защитную плёнку удалить сразу же после монтажа окна. Плёнку можно использоваться в качестве вторичного сыря.
    so could i use вторичный сырь to talk about recycling? or is this a context specific example?
    грасиас!!
    Не откладывай на завтра того, с кем можешь переспать сегодня
    --------
    http://england-moscow.com/

Старший оракул

Re: вторичный сырь в значении - recycle

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Columbo
    ever since i got the translation for the word сырьё as propane-oil ratio i haven't liked it...
    anyhow, while at work i was looking at the patio doors and windows that were fitted and noticed that on the the protective film there was a russian translation reading:
    Защитную плёнку удалить сразу же после монтажа окна. Плёнку можно использоваться в качестве вторичного сырья.
    so could i use вторичное сырьё to talk about recycling? or is this a context specific example?
    грасиас!!
    You are right. "вторичное сырьё (вторсырьё)" - "secondary raw materials" is something that you can recycle and use repeatedly. Thus, there is no in Russian such word "сырь", but there is the word "сырьё".
    Could you please occasionally correct my stupid errors!
    Korrigiert bitte ab und zu meine dummen Fehler!

Старший оракул
    ok, thanks!
    Не откладывай на завтра того, с кем можешь переспать сегодня
    --------
    http://england-moscow.com/

Re: вторичный сырь в значении - recycle

Quote Originally Posted by Guin
    You are right. "вторичное сырьё (вторсырьё)" - "secondary raw materials" is something that you can recycle and use repeatedly. Thus, there is no in Russian such word "сырь", but there is the word "сырьё".
    Перевод слова вторичное из выражения "вторичное сырье" будет не secondary but again used as raw material.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)