Thread: прощенья

Завсегдатай

прощенья

i looked in my dictionary, yes thats right, dictionary, funny i failed to mention it before because it sucks. anyways, the closest thing it had was like прощение, and прощения.... or somthing, i don't really remember, anyways. it said that those mean "Forgiveness, or a farewell". so, i heard in a song

Я не попрошу прощенья, I don't ask for forgiveness ?
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Старший оракул
    Everithyng is OK. "Прощения" is a genitive from "прощение/прощенье". Попросить прощения = to ask smb's pardon.
    BTW many words on -ение behave like this - they usually drop "и " vowel and replace it with ь. Usually these forms are mere variants of the same, sometimes they have different shades of meaning.

воскресение - воскресенье, расставание - расставанье etc.

Почтенный гражданин
    Farewell is прощание (-нье).
    Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I

Завсегдатай
    So, she's saying "i don't ask for a pardon" ?
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

JJ
    Властелин
    Forgiveness or pardon? Aren't they synonyms?
    Gib immer 100% bei der Arbeit: 12% am Montag, 23% am Dienstag, 40% am Mittwoch, 20% am Donnerstag, 5% am Freitag ...

Завсегдатай
    Now that i think about it... yes ! so my first translation was correct !. so i was listening to russian radio, and i heard this, in the chorus, he kept repeating this word, but i cant find it anywhere, and i even asked a russian, she had no idea

"Zhalonaya" ?

JJ
    Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy182
    so i was listening to russian radio, and i heard this, in the chorus, he kept repeating this word, but i cant find it anywhere, and i even asked a russian, she had no idea

"Zhalonaya" ?
    I have no idea about this. When a chorus sings a song, especially not good chorus, I can't get what they sing. When I studied in a college there was a musicl teacher and she told us about some rules of chorus singing. For example it is important to say endings very clear otherwise the words meaning will be ununderstandable to listeners and the like. Do you remember some words of that song or may be its title?
    Gib immer 100% bei der Arbeit: 12% am Montag, 23% am Dienstag, 40% am Mittwoch, 20% am Donnerstag, 5% am Freitag ...

Завсегдатай
    она =P. thats about it, it is on that radio station all the time, i will listen for it again, anad write down somw other stuff i hear... while we are at it, what is скачать ?

JJ
    Властелин
    она =P. thats about it, it is on that radio station all the time, i will listen for it again, anad write down somw other stuff i hear... while we are at it, what is скачать ?
    Скачать значит Download
    качать - to pump
    скачать - to have pumped

Завсегдатай
    how do you say in russian "what's on your mind" or, "i got stuff on my mind."

JJ
    Властелин
    how do you say in russian "what's on your mind" or, "i got stuff on my mind."
    what's on your mind - что ты думаешь/что у тебя на уме/о чём ты думаешь
    i got stuff on my mind - я кое о чём думаю (may be it is not correct, but i'm tired of my job and cannot find synonim now. Help me, guys )

Почтенный гражданин
    "i got stuff on my mind."
    I'm not sure about the actual meaning, but I think it is "to collect some data (in my mind)" and "to understand". If so, a good translation is "вбить в голову", or "дошло!" or "до меня дошло". All are informal.

BTW, may be the word is "жалобная"?
    Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I

Почтенный гражданин
    желание ?-- a wish or desire?

Завсегдатай
    well, i think drew's is the closest, but i know i heard an ая ending, and there was no б... oh well, i'll listen again. and, in english when we say "what's on your mind" it's usually not a good thing. like for example

1. What's wrong, why are you so quite? got somthing on your mind ?
    2. yea, my parents just got divorced.

or,

1. man why arn't you having any fun ?
    2. i got stuff on my mind
    1. like what?
    2.trying to learn russian, it's just too hard.

Does this help ?

JJ
    Властелин
    1. What's wrong, why are you so quite? got somthing on your mind ?
    2. yea, my parents just got divorced.
    1. Что с тобой?/Что не так? Почему молчишь? Тебя что-то беспокоит?/О чем-то задумался?
    2. Да, мои родители развелись.

1. man why arn't you having any fun ?
    2. i got stuff on my mind
    1. like what?
    2.trying to learn russian, it's just too hard.
    1. Мужик, чё такой грустный?
    2. Да вот, думаю...
    1. О чем?
    2. Учу английский, а он такой сложный.

Почтенный гражданин
    Может это "желанная" (desired)?