Thread: писаришками?

писаришками?

Hello,

Again, I've come across another word that I'm unable to translate. This time, I'm really unsure what this word could mean. Could you please help?

"писаришками" in the context:

С этими писаришками он связался, собственно, потому, что оба они были с кривыми носами: у одного нос шел криво вправо, а у другого влево.

This too is from the same project as the threads before. This is the last sentence I'm translating, but please, do not translate anymore than just the word "писаришками." Thank you!

kvs
    Почётный участник
    Вы начали изучение языка со сложного произведения. Найдите детские рассказы, в них описано понятным языком и Вы быстрее продвинитесь к пониманию.
    Писаришки - это уменьшительное (унизительное и обидное) высказывание на тех, кто что-то пишет (например жалобу или просто какие-нибудь документы). Могут так назвать секретарей.

kvs
    Почётный участник
    Вот ссылка возможно на слишком простые расказы, но все равно попробуйте
    Детские рассказы

Thank you!

I understand your concern, and this is something I tried for a week. The project required me to use Crime and Punishment, and it was more or less an experiment. Also, thank you for the link. I was wanting something like this for a while.

~Gnome

писарь - clerc (archaic)
    писаришка - derogatory писарь = pen-pusher
    писаришками - писаришка in plural form Instrumental case
    "Россия для русских" - это неправильно. Остальные-то чем лучше?

Quote Originally Posted by kvs View Post
    Вот ссылка возможно на слишком простые раcсказы, но все равно попробуйте
    Детские рассказы
    I looked at the link, and I don't think all of the stories are "too simple", from a foreigner's perspective -- some of them contain vocabulary that a Russian child would know from hearing it in speech, but that a non-Russian might be unfamiliar with. For example, in the very first paragraph of the story Одуванчики ("Dandelions"), we find the three nouns тополь, липа, and клён (which are specific types of tree: poplar, linden, and maple). On the other hand, the stories aren't very long, the grammar is simple, and they have straightforward plots, so this can be a good way to focus just on vocabulary acquisition.

Also, the same website has a page of extremely short stories (just one or two paragraphs) -- the purpose of these is to encourage kids to пересказать ("paraphrase") the story in their own words. These seem to me like they'd be very useful to reinforce already-learned vocabulary and grammar.

For example, the story Пингвины ("Penguins") has the sentence они не умеют летать, зато очень хорошо плавают ("they don't know how to fly, but they swim very well") -- so right there you've got a great illustration of how "indeterminate/multidirectional" Verbs Of Motion are used. (I.e., you say "Они хорошо плавают", not "Они хорошо плывут".)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Throbert McGee View Post
    For example, the story Пингвины ("Penguins") has the sentence они не умеют летать, зато очень хорошо плавают ("they don't know how to fly, but they swim very well") -- so right there you've got a great illustration of how "indeterminate/multidirectional" Verbs Of Motion are used. (I.e., you say "Они хорошо плавают", not "Они хорошо плывут".)
    probably "they can't fly, but swim very well" is more literal
    I also realized that I don't know a lot about Russian verbs, even that I can speak Russian

Quote Originally Posted by Throbert McGee View Post
    so right there you've got a great illustration of how "indeterminate/multidirectional" Verbs Of Motion are used. (I.e., you say "Они хорошо плавают", not "Они хорошо плывут".)
    i wouldn't call it "indeterminate/multidirectional" as there's a quite clear philological definition of the distinction between these forms of the verb, namely imperfective and perfective forms which roughly correspond to present indefinite and present continuous tenses in English

Russian Verbs