Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Lampada
  • 1 Post By Paul G.

Thread: Перевод предложений (Террористические акты)

Перевод предложений (Террористические акты)

1. The terrorist killed the minister of foreign affairs. However, the target was the prime-minister.
    2. In the responsibilities (duties) of the inspector are included the procedure of inquisitions and the inspection of the process of torturing the suspects
    3. He managed to escaped intact from the explosion.
    4. He sent with confidentiallity the prisoner back to the high-security prison.
    5. He filled a lawsuit against the state for arresting him with out a warrant.
    Чем больше слов, тем меньше они стоят.

Paul G.
    *Переводы предложений
    Перевода = of a/the translation (genitive)

1. Террорист убил министра иностранных дел. Однако, целью/мишенью был премьер-министр.
    цель = goal, target, aim
    мишень = target (military context)
    У Антонио есть цель - выучить русский язык. (you can't use мишень here)
    Военные моряки используют старые суда в качестве мишеней. (old ships as targets)
    Блондинки с зелеными глазами являются мишенями для Антонио. (we use мишени in figurative sense)

2. В обязанности инспектора входят процедура расследования и контроль процесса пыток подозреваемых. (I've translated this as it is, although I guess you meant that the inspector acts against the tortures. Maybe I understood the phrase wrong, my English is not that good.)

3. Ему удалось избежать последствий взрыва. Ему удалось остаться целым после взрыва.

4. Он конфиденциально отправил заключенного в тюрьму строгого режима.
    We don't use "with confidentiality" and any other such constructions. Although sometimes it works, for example, "с осторожностью" = "осторожно" and so on.

5. Он подал иск против государства за свой арест без основания.

I wanted to correct the title but in this forum I didn't understand yet how we can correct or change a title.
    In English it doesn't make sense the use of Tvoritel'nyi for целью, so I must conclude that this is a fixed expression. The translation would be: Hovewer, with target was the prime-minister.
    Regarding the second phrase the translation they gave me was:
    В его ведении (предложный падеж) произведение допросов и наблюдение за пытками подозреваемых в террактах.

If I want to say the prisoner escape from the prison, I will not use избежать which means avoid?

Кстати, предпочитаю девушек черными глазами. Когда я вижу в глаза девушек с зеленым глазами у меня голова кружится.
    Чем больше слов, тем меньше они стоят.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio1986 View Post
    I wanted to correct the title but in this forum I didn't understand yet how we can correct or change a title.
    In English it doesn't make sense the use of Tvoritel'nyi for целью, so I must conclude that this is a fixed expression. The translation would be: Hovewer, with target was the prime-minister.
    Regarding the second phrase the translation they gave me was:
    В его ведении (предложный падеж) произведение допросов и наблюдение за пытками подозреваемых в террактах.

If I want to say the prisoner escape from the prison, I will not use избежать which means avoid?

Кстати, предпочитаю девушек черными глазами. Когда я вижу в глаза девушек с зеленым глазами у меня голова кружится.
    Я думаю, что изменить/исправить название темы могут только модераторы или Админы.

Да, что-то сделать с целью, с намерением, с радостью - в творительном.

За кем/ за чем я должен наблюдать/ следить/ ходить?

... девушек с ... глазами

Когда я гляжу в глаза девушек.... , ... с зелёными глазами
    Antonio1986 likes this.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Paul G.
    In English it doesn't make sense the use of Tvoritel'nyi
    Right.

The first part is correct, but the second one sounds weird (illogical). If he watches how they torture a prisoner, it implies the inspector is a criminal )
    It must be something like "предотвращение пыток подозреваемых в терактах".

It would be "совершить побег" or "сбежать" in this context. No, you can't use избежать.
    Заключенный совершил побег из тюрьмы.
    Заключенный сбежал из тюрьмы.

Когда я смотрю в глаза девушек с зеленым глазами, у меня голова кружится.
    Oh, don't torment me. That's my great pain.
    Antonio1986 likes this.