Thread: дембель?

Почётный участник

дембель?

я не нашёл слово на словари или у википедии, зта сленг?

Завсегдатай
    Сленг. Демобилизовавшийся солдат (a demobilized soldier).
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Властелин
    Или собственно демобилизация (сто дней до дембеля, например)

This is a military slang. When military service lasted 2 years, it was several unofficial ranks for soldiers depending of the time they already served. Запах - before the oath, дух- from oath till next newcomers will arrive (this happens every half ear - at spring and autumn), слон - till the end of first year (this is because of gas masks that soldiers often must wear at this stage of service ), череп (черпак) - first half of second year, дед - from the start of second half of second year till the order of demobilization signed by defence minister. after that дед become дембель (there is the date of demoblization in the order and it can be several weeks after the order is signed, but the soldier considered as дембель already).
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

There are a couple of related jokes (I slitly changed them translating):

-Dad, please, let the elephanties run a little bit more.
    -Sonny, the elephanties are tired, they ran all day.
    -Daddy, please, pretty please.
    -O.K. SQUAAAD!!!! PUT THE GAS MASKS ON! MARCH!!!

There is a military truck stuck at the bad road. A general with his driver noticed this and stopped.
    -What's the matter, soldier? - asks general the truck driver.
    -General, sir, help me please, I stuck completely and cannot move, push the truck please, sir.
    -Are you mad, soldier???? I'm a general!
    -Please, I completely don't know where I can find help anymore, have mercy on poor soldier.
    -Well, O.K.
    The general and his driver after many attempts finaly push the truck out from the pit.
    -A very heavy truck you have - the general replies.
    -Of course it's heavy, there are twenty dembels sitting in it - answers the truck's driver.
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

Солдатский автограф: ДМБ-96 =)

Quote Originally Posted by Basil77
    This is a military slang. When military service lasted 2 years, it was several unofficial ranks for soldiers depending of the time they already served. Запах - before the oath, дух- from oath till next newcomers will arrive (this happens every half ear - at spring and autumn), слон - till the end of first year (this is because of gas masks that soldiers often must wear at this stage of service ), череп (черпак) - first half of second year, дед - from the start of second half of second year till the order of demobilization signed by defence minister. after that дед become дембель (there is the date of demoblization in the order and it can be several weeks after the order is signed, but the soldier considered as дембель already).
    Wow, that's pretty intersting! Were you in the military too? All the names make sense, except череп... why is it so?
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie
    Wow, that's pretty intersting! Were you in the military too? All the names make sense, except череп... why is it so?
    У нас в части (и у всех моих знакомых) название череп не встречалось. Название черпак произошло из-за символического посвящения - сколько-то там (вот память, уже забыл) ударов по заднице столовым черпаком (половником). Пугаться не стоит, все символически, без членовредительства =)
    Слоны, при посвящении, получают 6 ударов бляхой ремня по тому же месту =)

Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie
    Я на армейском сенге - пиджак (лейтенант, получивший звание после военной кафедры в гражданском вузе), и в армии не служил, если не считать месячных военных сборов. В основном знаю тему по рассказам друзей. Насчёт "черепа" откуда взялось не знаю. Помню только, что когда один мой друг приезжал в отпуск после первого года службы, он гордо хвастался, что его из "слонов" посвятили в "черепа".

В некоторых частях (не знаю, насколько это повсеместно) после первого года службы заново бреют головы. От этого и черепа.
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramil
    В некоторых частях (не знаю, насколько это повсеместно) после первого года службы заново бреют головы. От этого и черепа.
    Это вряд ли. Есть старинная традиция, когда деды обривают голову наголо за 100 дней до приказа. Кроме дедов это непозволительно никому. Офицеры борются с этой традицией давно, и в разных частях по-разному. Но, все равно находится несколько рисковых человек, готовых обриться. Как правило, уезжают домой самыми последними, под Новый год =)