Thread: Warning: ...

Подающий надежды оратор

Warning: ...

Google translation of the following text is so bad that even I couldn't accept it.

Warning: When dealing with non-fiction [de: "Sachliteratur"] - unlike fiction [de: "Belletristik"] - nothing substantial will be added to the material supplied by the customer, and nothing essential will be taken away. The processing of such material therefore consists of its preparation and presentation. We will issue a quotation [= offer on a business] if you inform us of your requirements.

What do you have? - Thanks.

Почтенный гражданин

Re: Warning: ...

Quote Originally Posted by ingberlin
    Google translation of the following text is so bad that even I couldn't accept it.

Warning: When dealing with non-fiction [de: "Sachliteratur"] - unlike fiction [de: "Belletristik"] - nothing substantial will be added to the material supplied by the customer, and nothing essential will be taken away. The processing of such material therefore consists of its preparation and presentation. We will issue a quotation [= offer on a business] if you inform us of your requirements.

Предупреждение - при работе с документальной(?) литературой, в отличие от художественной, ничего существенного не будет добавлено к материалам, предоставленным заказжичом, и ничего существенного не будет убрано. Таким образом, их обработка состоит из их подкоговки(? preparation) и (?). Мы вышлем свои ценовые предложения после того, как вы сообщите свои требования.
    Russian is tough, let’s go shopping!

Re: Warning: ...

Quote Originally Posted by ingberlin

It looks like some kind of terms:
    В предоставленные документальные материалы не вносится никаких изменений, в отличие от недокументальных источников, поэтому их обработка сводится к их подготовке и публикации (или демонстрации, т. к. непонятно, о каких конкретно материалах идёт речь). По вашему требованию, мы можем также опубликовать ссылку на источник (приведём авторство цитаты).
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Подающий надежды оратор
    Thank you both.

In english it is a quite easy job: all what has ever been or will be written is either "fiction" or "non-fiction". I myself have the same problem when translating these terms into german. I made up the word "Sachliteratur" (реальная, существующая, настаящая литература) opposit to "Belletristik".