Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I worry? Translation Help.

Подающий надежды оратор
    Well, some of you wanted to know the end of the story, so here goes:

My friend is 23. Honestly, I am not sure the whole story sounds 100% truthful, but other than looking for sympathy in an unusual way, I can't imagine what other purpose telling me this would be.

He worked on subotta and finished at 10pm. He was going to meet some friends he had not seen in a long time. He waited until the bridge he needed to cross closed and was walking home. He says it was sometime near 3am. I thought most of the bridges stayed open from about 2am-4-4:30am, but many of you might know better.

All he remembers is someone walking behind him and being hit a few times in the back of his head. Then he woke up and lets just say, he knew what had happened.

Now, this is where it gets strange. He said he walked in shock to the hospital and they gave him medicine to relax, but because he was up all night, he fell asleep. He woke up and was still groggy from the medicine and sent me an sms that he wanted to chat with me that night. He says he did NOT send the sms' within 7 minutes. He said the doctors did tests and gave him more medicine to relax, and then he fell asleep again and when he woke, he sent the sms in russian saying he was raped because he did not know the words to say in english. And he was disoriented and in shock.

I'm not sure why he would not say that first or send both at the same time, but I got both close to his 9pm on Sunday.

He says he stayed in the hospital all night and went to work at 10am today.

He didn't email me from work until his 1:30pm, and then came home after work at 10:30pm. I saw him online for about 45 minutes.

Since he did not see the attacker, he says there was nothing to report to the police. Maybe it is different in Russia, but NOBODY goes to a hospital in the USA and says they were sexually attacked without having the police called to make a report, even if there is no way to identify the attacker. Also, nothing was taken from him. Not his wallet, not his cell phone. Nothing.

He had no visible marks or bruises. He said he told nobody and only felt comfortable telling me because I am in America and nobody would know among his friends and family because he is embarrassed.

He really seemed pretty normal. He worked a full day. He is planning to go out on the weekend with friends.

What can I do other than take him at his word. I have known him for 3 years.

That is the story. Probably more than you all wanted to know, but it made a two word translation a little more interesting, yes

Thank you again for your help and concern.

Ethan

Властелин
    Looks crazy enough to be truth.

Завсегдатай
    Well, at least it's more or less clear now. It could be worse but, thank God, it wasn't.
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».

I think it is pretty bad as it is... our best wishes to him in Russia!
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12