Thread: Newspaper Headlines in a Zombie Apocalypse!

Подающий надежды оратор Consumer's Avatar

Newspaper Headlines in a Zombie Apocalypse!

Hi guys its me again.

Thank you again for those who had helped me translate a set of names. I have a new set needed to be translated. This will be newspaper headlines in Russian speaking countries telling the chronology of the zombie outbreak.

Here is a list of Acronyms and words that you might need to help you translate the headlines below.

Приозерье Priozyorye = Name of Post Soviet Country ravaged by zombie attacks.
    UN = United Nations
    WHO = World Health Organization
    bath salts = A chemical substance that was suspected of causing cannibal behavior in a recent news. If there is no fitting translation for this, you can use the word DRUGS instead.
    NATO = North Atlantic Treaty Organization
    US GOV = United States Government
    BIO TERROR = The act of using biological agents like diseases to cause mass murder and terrorism
    WMD = Weapons of Mass Destruction ex. Nuclear Bombs, Chemical Weapons, Biological Weapons

These are the Headlines:

UNEXPLAINED DISEASE DEVASTATES NATION
    - The nation of Priozyorye ravaged by civil war has a new problem.

CANNIBAL ATTACKS REPORTED IN WAR TORN COUNTRY
    - Reports of citizens eating raw flesh of another multiply in an alarming rate.

DEAD HUNTS THE LIVING IN POST SOVIET NATION
    - Hospitals and Morgues calls for police and army assistance to keep dead from rising.

UN PEACE KEEPERS PULLED OUT
    - Secretary General with the advice of WHO agrees to pull out troops to assess situation.

REBEL LEADER ACCUSES GOV OF USING CHEMICAL/BIO TERROR WMD
    - Suspects the Priozyorye Defense Force as mastermind of cannibal epidemic.

GOVERNMENT BELIEVE REBELS BEHIND FLESH EATING
    - Intelligence officials link rebels and bath salts as culprit.

NATION WIDE CRACKDOWN ON CANNIBALS
    - Military and Police mobilized to contain increasing cannibal drug problem.

NATION WENT DARK
    - Foreign Journalists expelled. News Blackout in effect.

UN TIGHT LIPPED ON EPIDEMIC?
    - Activist groups demand answer, suspects cover up.

NATO & RUSSIA AGREES TO SEND MILITARY TO BLOCKADE NATION BY LAND AIR AND SEA
    - World Super Powers approved a resolution to deploy armies to prevent spill over from troubled nation.

WHO CLUELESS ON THE CAUSE OF THE CANNIBAL PHENOMENA
    - “There is no cause for concern. The situation was successfully contained.” - Health Minister.

US GOV ASSURES ZOMBIES DONT EXIST DESPITE GROWING FEARS
    - “You are watching too much Hollywood.” says US President.

I was translating it and on the last headline my computer went off lol
    I'm afraid I've lost courage and the new variant won't be as good.
    I'd recomend you to wait for different translation, as style of the articles demands a proffesional approach.

НЕИЗВЕСТНАЯ БОЛЕЗНЬ УНИЧТОЖАЕТ НАСЕЛЕНИЕ СТРАНЫ
    - Приозерье, разоренное гражданской войной, столкнулось с новой проблемой.
    СООБЩЕНИЯ О НАПАДЕНИЯХ ЛЮДОЕДОВ ПОСТУПАЮТ ИЗ СТРАНЫ, ПОСТРАДАВШЕЙ ОТ ВОЙНЫ
    - Увеличилось число сообщений о лицах, поедающих плоть других людей.
    МЕРТВЫЕ ПРЕСЛЕДУЮТ ЖИВЫХ НА ПОСТСОВЕТСКОМ ПРОСТРАНСТВЕ
    - Больницы и морги взывают к помощи полиции и армии в борьбе с восстающими из мертвых.
    МИРОТВОРЧЕСКИЕ СИЛЫ ООН ОТОЗВАНЫ
    - Генеральный секретарь ООН при поддержке ВОЗ принял решение отозвать войска для дальнейшей оценки сложившейся ситуации.
    ЛИДЕР МЯТЕЖНИКОВ ОБВИНЯЕТ ПРАВИТЕЛЬСТВО В ПРИМЕНЕНИИ ХИМИЧЕСКОГО И БИОЛОГИЧЕСКОГО ОРУЖИЯ МАССОВОГО ПОРАЖЕНИЯ
    - Оборонительные силы Приозерья могут оказаться зачинщиками эпидемии каннибализма.
    ПРАВИТЕЛЬСТВО СЧИТАЕТ, ЧТО ПРИЧИНЫ ПОЯВЛЕНИЯ КАННИБАЛИЗМА СОКРЫТЫ В СТАНЕ МЯТЕЖНИКОВ
    - Разведка доносит, что причина каннибализма кроется в мятежниках и связанном с ними дизайнерском наркотике.
    ОБЩЕНАЦИОНАЛЬНОЕ ВЫСТУПЛЕНИЕ ПРОТИВ КАННИБАЛИЗМА
    - Военные силы и полиция мобилизованы с целью сдерживания распространения проблемы.
    СТРАНА ЗАКРЫТА
    - Представители иностранных СМИ выдворены из страны. Новостные каналы перекрыты.
    ООН ЗАМАЛЧИВАЕТ СВЕДЕНИЯ ОБ ЭПИДЕМИИ?
    - Активисты требуют разъяснений, подозревая сокрытие данных.
    НАТО И ПРАВИТЕЛЬСТВО РОССИИ ПРИНЯЛИ РЕШЕНИЕ О БЛОКИРОВАНИЕ СУХОПУТНЫХ, ВОЗДУШНЫХ И МОРСКИХ ГРАНИЦ СТРАНЫ СОВМЕСТНЫМИ СИЛАМИ.
    - Мировые сверхдержавы одобрили резолюцию о переброске вооруженных сил с целью предотвращения дальнейшего распространения проблемы.
    ВСЕМИРНАЯ ОРГАНИЗАЦИЯ ЗДРАВООХРАНЕНИЯ НЕ МОЖЕТ ДАТЬ ОБЪЯСНЕНИЙ ПРИЧИНАМ ВОЗНИКНОВЕНИЯ КАННИБАЛИЗМА
    - “Поводов для беспокойства нет. Ситуация находится под контролем.” – заявил министр здравоохранения.
    ЗОМБИ НЕ СУЩЕСТВУЕТ – ЗАВЕРЯЕТ ПРАВИТЕЛЬСТВО СОЕДИНЕННЫХ ШТАТОВ, НЕСМОТРЯ НА ВОЗРАСТАЮЩИЕ ВОЛНЕНИЯ
    - “Вы смотрите слишком много фильмов.” – уверяет президент Соединенных Штатов.

And also if you need it to be of a certain length (I know that it is important when computer games are being translated for example), you'd better tell us, because Russian variants are usually longer.