Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help for translation

Завсегдатай

Re: Help for translation

Markarios, would you please learn the Cyrillic alphabet and Russian pronunciation rules? They're much easier than in English, believe me. So you will be able to read any Russian word by yourself. If you can't even learn the alphabet, I, to be honest, do not see any reason for you to know how to say in Russian "I love you / I'm a bloody foreigner / Where is a hotel please / bla bla bla". Either you learn a language, or not. If not, why do you need to know the pronunciation of that sentence? You don't.
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Старший оракул

Markarios, you have rather strange ways of learning Russian. How do you spell this name, that name, that bank’s name? Who cares how a foreigner spells or pronounces names? The weirder the cuter. Stop fooling around, cut to the chase, ask a question worth answering already!
    Have you noticed what Zaya’s signature says? Think about it!
    PS. You see, almost the same thoughts came to two persons simultaneously.

Подающий надежды оратор

ОЛя wrote the following:
    Markarios, would you please learn the Cyrillic alphabet and Russian pronunciation rules? They're much easier than in English, believe me.

You are completely wrong. Russian is very difficult to write and very difficult to pronounce. I bought about 20 Russian grammar books.
    All the Russian grammar are in those books.
    I bought them when I studied Russian.

I bought even the huge Oxford Russian dictionary.
    I like Russian because it is a beautiful language like French.
    I studied German and I understand German to a great extent. For me German is not a beautiful language. French and Russian are the best.

Nowadays I am not studying Russian. So writing, speaking, etc is not easy.
    Therefore I badly need your help.

Завсегдатай

Makarios, looks like you don't hear anyone but yourself. Maybe your English is not that good, maybe you have problems with logics...

I am not "completely wrong" when I say that Russian pronunciation rules are much easier than in English. The fact is that in Russian, the pronunciation rules are RULES, and if you learn them once for all, you can apply them to EVERY Russian word. But in English, there are no "rules" which could help you, and you need to learn pronunciation for every single word. For example, the "-ood" in "mood" and the "-ood" in "blood" are pronounced in two different ways. And you can find a lot of such examples in English. That's not how it is in Russian. In Russian, you only need to learn the rules, and you can read any word correctly.

Russian is very difficult to write and very difficult to pronounce
    If you think so, why do you struggle with Russian? If you want to learn it sooo much, to learn it anyway, you MUST learn the alphabet. And it would be better for you, not to give a hostile reception when someone gives you a good pieces of advice.
    If you don't want to learn the alphabet, you will never know this language. Then again, in this case (if you're not studying Russian), I don't understand (and no one does) why you need to know how to read one word or another. Maybe you can explain?
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Подающий надежды оратор

Оля
    When you are a native Russian speaker, it is your prerogative to say Russian is easy.
    Most of the time I use the following URL to write and pronounce Russian.
    http://www.roxana.spb.ru/alf.gif
    However, it is a tall order for me.

There are no hostilities. I always heed to your advice. I accept your answers with grace.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12