Thread: Help please-translation to help

Почтенный гражданин

Help please-translation to help

Could someone please help my community by translating this for the benifit of the elders who don't want to labor with more English paperwork? Pretty. Pretty. Pretty Please?!? It would help more than words can say.

FOOD CONNECTION OBE SURVEY: Jan-Jun 2005
    Zip Code ________
    Age________ years
    Sex: MALE or FEMALE
    List the ages of children in you home_________
    List the number of people in your home________
    Race: Russian___ White___ Other___
    1) Is the amount of food you received enough for 3 meals for 3 days?
    NEVER___ SELDOM____ OFTEN_____ ALWAYS____
    2)Are you able (transportation ect. ) to return for food when necessary?
    3) Are our hours conveinent for you?
    4) Is it easy for you to meet the requirements to receive food? (income within range)

Indebted,
    Rosa Anna
    It is Winter and Very Cold.

Завсегдатай
    I know by "White" here you mean WASP, but you may want to phrase the question like this:

Ethnicity: Russian___ American___ Other___

Also, what does OBE mean here? You wouldn't be referring to out-of-body food experiences, would you?

1) Is the amount of food you received enough for 3 meals for 3 days?
    Do you mean three meals extended over three days or three meals per day for three days?

Завсегдатай
    Here's my 2 cents.

Никогда - never
    Редко - rarely
    Часто - often
    Всегда - always

I think this should be fairly straightforward. Maybe you should try this yourself?

BTW, conveinent is spelled incorrectly.
    Какая разница, умереть богатым или бедным?

Какой толк от богатства если ты не счастлив.

Властелин
    Опрос относительно питания: январь-июнь 2005 (I don't know what OBE means so it probably requires changing)
    Индекс (though probably it’s better to leave it in English)
    Возраст ____ лет
    Перечислите возрасты детей в вашей семье, проживающих с Вами.____
    Число людей в вашей семье, проживающих с Вами.____ (Do you want the number of people or listing them by names? My translation is for the former. )
    Национальная принадлежность: русский __ американец__ другое __ (translated with regard to Pravit’s remark though it would probably make sense not to include “American” option in the Russian variant)
    1) Хватает ли Вам получаемых продуктов на три дня при ежедневном трехразовом питании? (I believe the answer to Pravit’s question is 3 meals per day)
    2) Есть ли у Вас возможность (транспортные cредства и т.д.) при необходимости возвращать продукты?
    3) Удобны ли вам наши часы работы?
    4)Легко ли Вам соответствовать требованиям для получения питания (по уровню дохода)
    "Happy new year, happy new year
    May we all have a vision now and then
    Of a world where every neighbour is a friend"

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Pravit
    I know by "White" here you mean WASP, but you may want to phrase the question like this:

Ethnicity: Russian___ American___ Other___

Also, what does OBE mean here? You wouldn't be referring to out-of-body food experiences, would you?

[quote:vrjkcxn9]1) Is the amount of food you received enough for 3 meals for 3 days?
    Do you mean three meals extended over three days or three meals per day for three days?[/quote:vrjkcxn9]

WHOAH. Good eye privat! How ethnocentric of me.. I do not know what OBE means here. It is probably a filing code for that church/service.

Thank You for those pointers,

Rosa Anna

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Pravit
    Do you mean three meals extended over three days or three meals per day for three days?
    The second. A person or family can go twice per week everyweek for a lot of "groceries", but it really only turns out to be say a chicken and a whole lot of staple foods, plus there is a huge kitchen there that serves breakfast and lunch to the whole city (well you know...it's big and geared to take care of everyone, college students, homeless, elder, immigrants, me). Plus all you can carry bread every day. Only, things are much geared for the Spanish and Americans. Because that is what they are used to. I thought this was an important document to even things there as "certain" homeless Americans for instance don't seem to make the connection between Russians and bread, for example. It's gotten pretty predjudice a couple of times and I'm going to see things even out or kick some ass trying--because it bugs me that's why. The Russian wave is fairly new on the scene but nontheless bold and beautiful. If they were better represented, and it's going in that direction, then stupid people who complain about Russians taking more loafs than the average person (my self not included-I load em up) would be put in their place or come to an understanding to let things lie. Rambling sorry.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by kwatts59
    Here's my 2 cents.

Никогда - never
    Редко - rarely
    Часто - often
    Всегда - always

I think this should be fairly straightforward. Maybe you should try this yourself?

BTW, conveinent is spelled incorrectly.
    Thankyou for your 2 cents. I would like to try this for myself, this came up out of the blue and I did not yet possess the skills. I am dyslexic.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendy
    1) Хватает ли Вам получаемых продуктов на три дня при ежедневном трехразовом питании? (I believe the answer to Pravit’s question is 3 meals per day)
    2) Есть ли у Вас возможность (транспортные cредства и т.д.) при необходимости возвращать продукты?
    4)Легко ли Вам соответствовать требованиям для получения питания (по уровню дохода)

Friendly--- Спасибо фрэндли!!! (??)

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Anna
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendy

Friendly--- Спасибо фрэндли!!! (??)
    It
    blame Canada

Почтенный гражданин
    [quote=Kamion]
    It