Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grades???

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterAdmin
    I once saw a teacher giving a student a zero, because the student knew zero about a subject. But that's just a teacher's quirk
    Well, once I've got 6 The teacher promised one grade higher to the first one to answer. I've got 5 for the answer, and +1 for being the first So she honestly put "6" in my дневник
    Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I

Властелин
    And at primary school we had a teacher of drawing (maybe even two ) who used 6s and even 7s when he thought 5 was not enough. But I doubt that he put them into register. I was lucky having eccentric drawing teachers.
    Oh, and at college we had a professor who put even negative points and their absolute value was substracted from the current rating (we had a rather complicated rating system) but he didn't used it often, only when the answers were strikingly absurd from his point of view.
    "Happy new year, happy new year
    May we all have a vision now and then
    Of a world where every neighbour is a friend"

Увлечённый спикер
    In Scotland, the school examinations are split into two areas: Standard Grade (14-16 year olds) and Higher Grade. (16 to 1 year olds. The ages are variable as they depend upon date of birth.

The Standard Grades have three levels: Credit ( 1 and 2), General (3 and 4), and Foundation (5 and 6). 7 is a fail no matter what.

A student will either take credit and general exams or general and foundation exams. Therefore a credit/general student can achieve a grade of 1, 2, 3, 4, or 7. A general/foundation student can achieve a grade of 3,4,5,6, or 7.

Those that achieve 1, 2, or 3 are encouraged to take Higher Grades; a further year of study in a subject. Those that get 4, 5, or 6, are encouraged to take small modules of study which take longer but can get them to the Higher Grade level. Others, are just politely asked to go out into the world, get a job, and don’t come back!

The possible grades for a Higher Grade examination are: A, B, C, D, and Fail. A is greater than 70%, B is greater than 60%, C is greater than 50%, and D is greater than 40%. 50% or greater is a pass. D, although awarded is still a Fail. Any score below 40% is noted as a Fail although the actual percentage is not recorded.

Depending on the university, a combination of A, B, and Cs will get a student into university as will Further Education courses offered by colleges. Of course, more As means better university.

Почётный участник
    Argh my grades are:
    Standard Grades
    Modern Studies(politics) 1
    Spanish - 1
    French - 1
    German - 1
    English - 2
    Administration - 2
    General Science - 3
    S.v.S - 3
    Maths - 5
    I have done 9 instead of 8 standard grades.

My highers
    English - FAIL
    Spanish - A
    German - A
    French - A

so I have 3 A

Завсегдатай
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant
    [quote=ivanushki]
    so I have 3 A
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

Почётный участник
    What can I say?

Завсегдатай
    [quote=ivanushki]

My highers
    English - FAIL
    Spanish - A
    German - A
    French - A

so I have 3 A

Почтенный гражданин
    May be it will sound crazy to you, In Israel the grades go from 55 up to 100.

Fail would be something below 55, like 50 49 35 25.

55 means Pass.

the high grades start from about 80. 70 to 79 mean Good
    Не плюй в колодец, пригодится водицы, напиться.

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Remyisme
    May be it will sound crazy to you, In Israel the grades go from 55 up to 100.

Fail would be something below 55, like 50 49 35 25.

55 means Pass.

the high grades start from about 80. 70 to 79 mean Good
    The magic number in the US is 70. 69 or below get you a big fat F, and a savage beating by the Evil Tooth Fairy.

Почётный участник
    Well, yes but I will go to Glasgow University to study Russian language, Spanish Language so, english will not be so necessary. My only only problemn will be essay writing in english but hey, I can do it quite well . I think the reason for failing english is that I didn't enjoy it at school and prefered to focus on Spanish, French and German. Example, I have an essay as homework for the english class. That is all. I start to do it but then I hear the word 'Spain' on the T/V and I decide to study spanish for 10minutes THEN I should restart english essay but no! I just keep on doing spanish xexe

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanushki
    Well, yes but I will go to Glasgow University to study Russian language, Spanish Language so, english will not be so necessary. My only only problemn will be essay writing in english but hey, I can do it quite well . I think the reason for failing english is that I didn't enjoy it at school and prefered to focus on Spanish, French and German. Example, I have an essay as homework for the english class. That is all. I start to do it but then I hear the word 'Spain' on the T/V and I decide to study spanish for 10minutes THEN I should restart english essay but no! I just keep on doing spanish xexe
    LOL. I have the same problem except replace "Spain" with "video games," "food," "golf," and about 40 other things...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12