Thread: по-другому

Почётный участник

по-другому

This two words, or this word if you prefer, I can't translate to my satisfaction.
    В России пожилые люди часто вспоминают о "старых добрых временах", иотому что они считают, что всё стало по-другому, всё стало хуже, чем раньше.

In Russia aged people frequently remember of "old good times", because they say that everything has became selfish (??), everything worse than before.

Please translate this по-другому. Thanks.

Apart from the translation, but connected with the "old good times", when Franco, you know, a dictator supported from the beginning by the United States and suffered by the Spaniards, died, there were in the walls many paintings saying :"With Franco we lived better". and below these paintings other people painted: "Yes, we were younger".
    En febrero, siete capas y un sombrero.

Властелин
    стало по-другому = changed
    I've got a TV, and I'm not afraid to use it

Re: по-другому

Quote Originally Posted by Vladi
    В России пожилые люди часто вспоминают о "старых добрых временах", иотому что они считают, что всё стало по-другому, всё стало хуже, чем раньше.
    по-другому - the other way
    стало хуже - turned to the worse

I'd translated the last part this way:
    everything has changed and turned to the worse, or so they think.

and I think that it's better to say "good old times" than "old goot times" (although I'm not sure about that and in either way it doesn't make a big difference).
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Почтенный гражданин
    пожилые люди = elderly people
    старых добрых временах = the good old times (or "the good ol' days")

In Russia the elderly people frequently remember of "the good ol' days", because they say that everything has become different, everything has become worse than before.
    Я взял палку и нож, мелки и бумагу и направился к холмам.

Re: по-другому

Quote Originally Posted by Vladi
    This two words, or this word if you prefer, I can't translate to my satisfaction.

In Russia aged people frequently remember of "old good times", because they say that everything has became selfish (??), everything worse than before.

Please translate this по-другому. Thanks.

Apart from the translation, but connected with the "old good times", when Franco, you know, a dictator supported from the beginning by the United States and suffered by the Spaniards, died, there were in the walls many paintings saying :"With Franco we lived better". and below these paintings other people painted: "Yes, we were younger".
    In Russia, elderly people often reminisce about "good old times" because they believe that everything has changed, everything became worse (than it was in the past).
    Well, I don't know what to say. I want to say thanks to the Academy, to Mama, to Papa and to my dog. I love you all.

правильна фраза good old days никакого times!!

In Russia the elderly often reminisce about "the good old days" because they believe that everything has changed, everything has become worse. OR: everything has changed for the worse.