Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Как перевести...

  1. #1
    sps
    sps is offline
    Подающий надежды оратор sps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Индонезия
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    8

    Как перевести...

    Здравствуйте..! У меня вопросы:
    1) Как перевести "sky blue" или "light blue" или "bright blue (color)"..? I'm confused, I found so many answers in my dictionary... Я нашёл: небесно-голубой (цвет), небесный (if not used with цвет, the meaning would be different), лазурный и голубой...
    Which one is mostly used..???
    2) Как сказать "stand for" по-русски в смысле "США stands for Соединенные Штаты Америки."..?
    3) Как сказать "my Russian" по-русски, например: "Please correct my Russian"..? Исправляйте мои русские..? Исправляйте мой русский..?
    Спасибо заранее......
    Corrections are welcomed...

  2. #2
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Seventh
    Posts
    4,113
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Как перевести...

    Quote Originally Posted by sps
    Здравствуйте..! У меня вопросы:
    1) Как перевести "sky blue" или "light blue" или "bright blue (color)"..? I'm confused, I found so many answers in my dictionary... Я нашёл: небесно-голубой (цвет), небесный (if not used with цвет, the meaning would be different), лазурный и голубой...
    Which one is mostly used..???
    2) Как сказать "stand for" по-русски в смысле "США stands for Соединенные Штаты Америки."..?
    3) Как сказать "my Russian" по-русски, например: "Please correct my Russian"..? Исправляйте мои русские..? Исправляйте мой русский..?
    Спасибо заранее......
    1) Well surely the fact that the English "word" you want translated has three variations in English suggests that you're going to get more than one option in Russian...
    Ingenting kan stoppa mig
    In Post-Soviet Russia internet porn downloads YOU!

  3. #3
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    5,076
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: Как перевести...

    Quote Originally Posted by sps
    Здравствуйте..! У меня вопросы:
    1) Как перевести "sky blue" или "light blue" или "bright blue (color)"..? I'm confused, I found so many answers in my dictionary... Я нашёл: небесно-голубой (цвет), небесный (if not used with цвет, the meaning would be different), лазурный и голубой...
    Which one is mostly used..???
    2) Как сказать "stand for" по-русски в смысле "США stands for Соединенные Штаты Америки."..?
    1) In brief, "light blue" is "голубой", "dark blue" is "синий". You may add "светло-" (light) or "темно-" (dark) to any color to define a shade.

    bright blue = ярко-голубой
    sky blue ~ небесно-голубой, лазурный

    "Голубой" without any adjectives is most neutral and most common. The more words you add, the more defined the color is and the more poetic it sounds.

    2) stands for - значить, означать, обозначать
    Sometimes you can say "...расшифровывается, как...":

  4. #4
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Russland
    Posts
    9,882
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Как перевести...

    Quote Originally Posted by sps
    3) Как сказать "my Russian" по-русски, например: "Please correct my Russian"..? Исправляйте мои русские..? Исправьте мой русский..?
    Yes, it's "мой русский", I think.
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

  5. #5
    sps
    sps is offline
    Подающий надежды оратор sps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Индонезия
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Как перевести...

    Quote Originally Posted by gRomoZeka
    1) In brief, "light blue" is "голубой", "dark blue" is "синий". You may add "светло-" (light) or "темно-" (dark) to any color to define a shade.

    bright blue = ярко-голубой
    sky blue ~ небесно-голубой, лазурный

    "Голубой" without any adjectives is most neutral and most common. The more words you add, the more defined the color is and the more poetic it sounds.
    Okay, now I see.
    Quote Originally Posted by gRomoZeka
    2) stands for - значить, означать, обозначать
    Sometimes you can say "...расшифровывается, как...":
    So: США значит "Соединенные Штаты Америки"..?
    Corrections are welcomed...

  6. #6
    sps
    sps is offline
    Подающий надежды оратор sps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Индонезия
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Как перевести...

    Quote Originally Posted by Оля
    Quote Originally Posted by sps
    3) Как сказать "my Russian" по-русски, например: "Please correct my Russian"..? Исправляйте мои русские..? Исправьте мой русский..?
    Yes, it's "мой русский", I think.
    Thank you, Оля..!
    Corrections are welcomed...

  7. #7
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Russland
    Posts
    9,882
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Как перевести...

    Quote Originally Posted by sps
    So: США значит "Соединенные Штаты Америки"..?
    I'd say "США расшифровывается..."

    Quote Originally Posted by sps
    Quote Originally Posted by Оля
    Quote Originally Posted by sps
    3) Как сказать "my Russian" по-русски, например: "Please correct my Russian"..? Исправляйте мои русские..? Исправьте мой русский..?
    Yes, it's "мой русский", I think.
    Thank you, Оля..!
    By the way, I think "Поправьте мой русский" is even better.
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

  8. #8
    sps
    sps is offline
    Подающий надежды оратор sps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Индонезия
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Как перевести...

    Quote Originally Posted by Оля
    I'd say "США расшифровывается..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Оля
    By the way, I think "Поправьте мой русский" is even better.
    All right. Спасибо за помощь, Оля..!
    Corrections are welcomed...

  9. #9
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    209
    Rep Power
    8
    I once did a translation where someone was describing a colour as "между светло-синим и темно-голубым" - I found that phrase pretty hard to translate into English

  10. #10
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    My Time & Space
    Posts
    6,559
    Rep Power
    16
    It's even hard to understand what colour it is... LOL.
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».

Similar Threads

  1. Как перевести НА английский?
    By AnastasiaFromRussia in forum Learn English - Грамматика, переводы, словарный запас
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 28th, 2008, 07:11 AM
  2. Which как перевести?
    By Knave in forum Translate This!
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: December 25th, 2007, 11:25 PM
  3. Как перевести?
    By sperk in forum Translate This!
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: May 22nd, 2007, 12:43 AM
  4. как перевести?
    By sperk in forum Translate This!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 18th, 2007, 12:16 AM
  5. Как перевести?
    By sperk in forum Translate This!
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: April 15th, 2007, 07:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary