Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Тема «Какая досада!» (Topic "What a Pity!")

Quote Originally Posted by Yazeed
    You know, I was supposed to go to Russia within 48 hours, and just the thought of not going anymore is really taking a toll on my morale.

Sigh.
    Это что, была последняя возможность?
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Почтенный гражданин
    Торонто (столица мира), Канадская Советская Социалистическая Республика (КССР)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampada
    You know, I was supposed to go to Russia within 48 hours, and just the thought of not going anymore is really taking a toll on my morale.

Sigh.
    Это что, была последняя возможность?
    Может быть, да..
    "С чий очи сънувам, чий е този лик обречен?
    Смъртен глас ми се причува и отеква с вик далечен
    Как да зърна да погледна, чуждий образ да прегърна,
    на лицето ми студено грях в надежда да превърна.."

Почтенный гражданин
    Торонто (столица мира), Канадская Советская Социалистическая Республика (КССР)
    F*ck, "my" flight to Saint Petersburg has just left..

I hope I made the right choice.
    "С чий очи сънувам, чий е този лик обречен?
    Смъртен глас ми се причува и отеква с вик далечен
    Как да зърна да погледна, чуждий образ да прегърна,
    на лицето ми студено грях в надежда да превърна.."

Banned
    Правильный, но только в том смысле, что летом Питер симпатичнее, чем зимой.

Завсегдатай
    Имхо, перестраховался. И напрасно.

Banned
    Про то, как начальник отдела мешал мне работать.
    Я был новичком в коммерции. Когда появлялись крупные заявки, я по простоте душевной рассказывал о них начальнику. Он сразу делал ценные указания и сам брался за мою сделку. А указания были такие: сделать цены на 5% выше максимальных, чтобы было из чего предложить клиенту откат (взятку). После этого он напрашивался к клиенту на личную встречу, на которой выдавал себя за коммерческого директора. После трёх проваленных таким образом сделок я перестал сообщать что-либо начальнику. А через год я узнал его мотивы. Он любил откаты (и вообще наличку), так как забирал около 40% от каждого суммы, предназначенной клиенту. На этом его поймал один из менеджеров. До этого я думал, что он честно заработал на свой Land Rover Discovery II и коттедж.

Banned
    Мой коллега (бывший старпом командира подводной лодки, а значит человек с военно-морским юмором) послал своему поставщику электронное письмо с вопросом о ценах и сроках поставки оборудования немецкого производства. В этом письме была фраза: "Запроси своих фашистов, как быстро они смогут отгрузить...?". Поставщик без редактирования переслал это письмо в Берлин. Немцы обиделись.

Почтенный гражданин

My Complaints

1. Why are Russians hesitant in following this simple and very helpful rule of writing: subject - verb -object?

Russian writing is loaded with the passive voice which I think is illogical. Just think: if someone was about to shoot a gun at you, an English speaker would say: Duck, he's got a... BANG!
    But if it was a Russian speaker, he would say: A gun he's got...BANG! But the RUssian speaker would be dead, because he did not duck!

2. I agree prepositions are the most messed up parts of speech, both in English and RUssian; but why do RUssians bother having case endings AND prepositions, one or the other would suffice; I would recommend getting rid of the case endings!!

3. My former pen pal and I exchanged letters for a couple of years and I thought her English was pretty good, but she just could not get one thing straight- the use of "the" and "a, an". I am sure these things are really emphasized in ENglish classes for RUssians, because when I am reading Russian I frequently have to go back because there was no "a" or "the"; which can completely change the sense of something. I don't know how Russians put up with it? :P

My favorite beer is Sam Adams!
    DO IT YOURSELF!

Завсегдатай

Re: My Complaints

Quote Originally Posted by Siriusly
    1. Why are Russians hesitant in following this simple and very helpful rule of writing: subject - verb -object?
    Boring.
    Russian writing is loaded with the passive voice which I think is illogical. Just think: if someone was about to shoot a gun at you, an English speaker would say: Duck, he's got a... BANG!
    But if it was a Russian speaker, he would say: A gun he's got...BANG! But the RUssian speaker would be dead, because he did not duck!
    A Russian speaker would say "Пригнись, б#%!"
    2. ... but why do RUssians bother having case endings AND prepositions, one or the other would suffice; I would recommend getting rid of the case endings!!
    It won't do unless we adopt a strict word order too, but in this case it won't be Russian anymore. Oh, almost forgot... it's BORING!
    3. ... when I am reading Russian I frequently have to go back because there was no "a" or "the"; which can completely change the sense of something. I don't know how Russians put up with it? :P
    Articles are absolutely useless in my opinion. I suggest to get rid of them, replacing "the" with "this/these/etc.", and "a" with "one", where it's necessary.

Завсегдатай
    Strict order developed due to the loss of inflexions, not vice versa!
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».

Старший оракул
    Strict words order too primitive for Russians it isn't flexible, really). I propose to replace it to English natives And yes, get rid from article.

Всегда улыбает, когда тебя пытаются учить иностранцы, как правильно в "твоём" языке-).
    "Пригнись, б#%!"
    Громозека, это пять
    http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...us/mage7yu.jpg
    God granted me the serenity to accept the things
    I cannot change
    Courage to change the things I can
    And wisdom to know the difference

Завсегдатай
    I think, instead of changa Russianogo languaga, caseimi endingami add we shouldy to englishu. In thatom case strictim wordim ordorom use wouldn't be necessary. What you think about myei idee? Caseie endingy invariablogo wordogo ordera much better and interestingee.

Старший оракул
    Ахаха basurero жжош!
    Кстати да, верная идея.
    http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...us/mage7yu.jpg
    God granted me the serenity to accept the things
    I cannot change
    Courage to change the things I can
    And wisdom to know the difference

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    I think, instead of changa Russianogo languaga, caseimi endingami add we shouldy to englishu. In thatom case strictim wordim ordorom use wouldn't be necessary. What you think about myei idee? Caseie endingy invariablogo wordogo ordera much better and interestingee.
    Класс.

Завсегдатай
    basurero!
    Я так думаю.

Завсегдатай
    I'm your fan, basurero!
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».

Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    What a wonderful ideya
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Завсегдатай
    Хотела поехать в Европу, почитала про получение виз и поняла, что пролетаю. Шенгенскую визу получить почти нереально (да и любую другую, кроме как в страны третьего мира).

Обидно, блин. Вот тебе и демократия, а на деле хуже, чем при железном занавесе.

Завсегдатай
    А чего так? Если есть справка с работы о зряплате*, то визу легко получить в Чехию или Грецию. А в Финляндию вообще можно без проблем ехать, а от тудава галопом по Европам.

*зарплате
    Я так думаю.

Banned
    Сегодня в метро на станции пл. Восстания парень спросил, как доехать до Ладожского вокзала. Я объяснил и довёл до станции Маяковская. Ему оставалось проехать 3 остановки. Вдруг, вижу он спрашивает у девушки, а она его направляет обратно на пл. Восстания. И он пошёл туда, где уже был. Ну, что за фигня!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast