Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Иммиграция из России (split topic)

Hanna

Re: Иммиграция из России (split topic)

This is interesting....

What precisely is it that you want to get away from, and what are you hoping to achieve in another country that you don't think is available in Russia?

Personally I didn't really appreciate my own country until after I lived abroad for a few years. At first it was interesting and cool.

After a while abroad you realise that people have different values and that there are things you know about which they don't know/understand/care about at all. This can be very frustrating in my experience.

Also relationships with the other sex can be different from what you expect or prefer.

Friendships works quite differently in the English speaking world - you have more friends but the friendships are less strong. Work life is different and can be very intense.

I can only compare with my own country, not with Russia, but there are some things which I think are a bit similar between the two countries.

If there is someone reading this who really wants to get away from Russia for a while, I'd recommend them to look into other countries, not just the English speaking ones. Particularly France, Scandinavia and Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by BappaBa
    Меня больше интересует, почему куча уехавших тусит потом на русских форумах? Слышал такое: уехали ради будущего детей, а самим найти друзей среди местных не получается.
    Хотел написать многа букафф, но передумал. Можно, вместо этого, вопросом на вопрос? А что, в Нерезиновой тоже сложно найти друзей среди местных? Зачем тусить на русских форумах?

Завсегдатай

Quote Originally Posted by Lampada
    Я заметила, что жалуются на жизнь в эмиграции те, которые и до эмиграции на всё жаловались.
    Точно, точно. Есть люди, которые по жизни всегда на всё жалуются. Они по-другому разговаривать не умеют.

Почтенный гражданин

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile
    А что, в Нерезиновой тоже сложно найти друзей среди местных? Зачем тусить на русских форумах?
    Понаехав в Нерезиновую из другой страны - может быть и сложно. Особенно если поначалу нет времени на всякие кружки по интересам и остается только по языковому принципу кучковаться.
    Russian is tough, let’s go shopping!

Quote Originally Posted by vox05
    Понаехав в Нерезиновую из другой страны - может быть и сложно. Особенно если поначалу нет времени на всякие кружки по интересам и остается только по языковому принципу кучковаться.
    А мне казалось, я доступно сформулировал. Исконно-посконные жители Нерезиновой могут иметь друзей среди местного населения, при этом вполне себе кучкуясь в русскоязычных форумах. Нет никакой особенной связи. Вот и "куча уехавших" тусит потом на тех же русских форумах где и "куча неуехавших" кучкуясь по интересам.

Хотел написать многа букафф, но передумал. Можно, вместо этого, вопросом на вопрос? А что, в Нерезиновой тоже сложно найти друзей среди местных? Зачем тусить на русских форумах?
    Ты меня неправильно понял; точнее я неправильно задал вопрос. =) Вообще, об этом есть смысл спрашивать на форумах типа Экслера и Гоблина - там полно иммигрантов. А здесь ты, наверное, единственный уехавший. Кстати, обидеть никого не хотел. =)

Почтенный гражданин

Quote Originally Posted by BappaBa
    Ты меня неправильно понял; точнее я неправильно задал вопрос. =) Вообще, об этом есть смысл спрашивать на форумах типа Экслера и Гоблина - там полно иммигрантов. А здесь ты, наверное, единственный уехавший. Кстати, обидеть никого не хотел. =)
    Ты пользователь форума Гоблина? У тебя жёлтые штаны? Или ты про камменты?
    Но у Гоблина не особо спросишь. Вопрос должен соответствовать направленности ресурса. А то сам знаешь.
    Упс, оффтоп получился. Сорри.
    В основном безвреден.

Завсегдатай

I would not mind working in USA for a year or two, for a change of scenery, so to speak. But apart from a high level of life (which is probably not so high for new immigrants) and beautiful nature I don't find it appealing, and I would not like to immigrate "for life".

I think I would be perpetually annoyed, if I did, because there are dozens of things that I do not particularly like: system of education, ratting each other out at the workplace, nosy neighbours, sport scolarships, political correctness, fixation on "freedom" and liberating the world, compulsory smiles, fart jokes and many other things.
    If there is someone reading this who really wants to get away from Russia for a while, I'd recommend them to look into other countries, not just the English speaking ones. Particularly France, Scandinavia and Germany.
    Learning a new language from scratch? Seems scary.

Banned
    "Зачем вы вообще уезжаете из культурного Питера? Тут нет ни истории, ни архитектуры. Смотреть не на что. А сапоги вообще не берите - кожа испортится за один сезон из-за соли, которой посыпают все дороги. А на моду тут всем вообще наплевать.
    Точно. У меня знакомый уехал из Питера в Канаду. Потом приехал в гости обратно. Выглядел как и 10 лет назад: джинсы, кроссовки. А его друзья в костюмах и при директорских должностях. Его спрашивали, как жизнь в Канаде. Он отвечал, что хорошо, что пособие какое-то платят. В общем, смех и грех. А был талантливый программист. Не гениальный, но талантливый. Макс Мищенко, никто не встречал?..

Hanna

Quote Originally Posted by gRomoZeka
    I would not mind working in USA for a year or two, for a change of scenery, so to speak. But apart from a high level of life (which is probably not so high for new immigrants) and beautiful nature I don't find it appealing, and I would not like to immigrate "for life".

I think I would be perpetually annoyed, if I did, because there are dozens of things that I do not particularly like: system of education, ratting each other out at the workplace, nosy neighbours, sport scolarships, political correctness, fixation on "freedom" and liberating the world, compulsory smiles, fart jokes and many other things.
    Learning a new language from scratch? Seems scary.
    You've definitely got the Anglo-saxon culture pinned down GromoZeka! How did you learn so much about it without having lived in one of these countries?

You describe it exactly how it is, from the perspective on an outsider. The work culture in professional jobs can be quite brutal, and in major cities you do not get to experience the beautiful nature of the country anyway.

I too am fascinated by the USA, but I have the exact same reservations as you have. And you MUST be able to drive in the USA and I am not too keen on that, plus, I am not exactly an admirer of US foreign policy either....

The reason I mentioned the other countries is because I have met some Russians who live in Finland (mainly) and are very happy there, and I also met Russians and Ukrainians in France who liked it there. The people I met in Finland had normal administrative jobs that required skills in Russian (freight related, if I recall). The guys in France were programmers and they liked Paris and were well settled in. I worked with Russians here in London and I don't think they liked it here at all. Possibly for the reasons you mentioned, partly.

As for other languages; yeah, that's true.
    BUT in case someone doesn't know: French and English are quite similar. Spanish and Italian are quite similar to French. All the Scandinavian languages are virtually the same. German has tricky grammar but it's nothing compared with Russian. So the point is; After learning English you "kind of" have the "key" to Western European languages. It would be easier to pick up the second Western European language if you wanted to. Maybe similar to a Russian person learning.... Bulgarian or Serbian...??(Read they are quite similar to Russian??)

Новичок
    French and English are quite similar? =) A lot of French (and British/American) people don't seem to think so.

Lightbulb

И как это я мог прозевать такой интересный топик?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanna
    What precisely is it that you want to get away from, and what are you hoping to achieve in another country that you don't think is available in Russia?
    Well, if it's not too bold to ask, for what reason you (your parents) have left Sweden? As for me, I don't believe that I can achieve considerable success by fair means. I would like to be a programmer, but, heck, nobody else want to be a programmer here and one man no man. I believed this is a quite rare profession in Russia (well, Russia is very huge, therefore I can speak for my region only) and even I get a suitable job I can not get a professional advancement. (I can't resist the temptation to mention that 1C-programmers is most wanted here, but 1C is spawn of hell and became the talk of the town a long time ago). Though for some time past there are lot events in Russian IT-industry. For example, Skolkovo is a most notable. I hope this project will be successful.
    Friendships works quite differently in the English speaking world - you have more friends but the friendships are less strong.
    I know absolutely nothing about friendship in English-speaking country, but I think the most strong friendship relations are friendship relations with the childhood and university friends. Do you have any in Britain? Guess no. Nevertheless I think after some years, five or ten, it is possible to acquire friends with strong relationship. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows.
    Work life is different and can be very intense.
    You are a foreigner for the Englishmen, maybe this is the reason why you are/must trying so hard to prove your suitability. I think it is inevitable test for all foreigners.

Quote Originally Posted by gRomoZeka
    there are dozens of things that I do not particularly like: system of education, ratting each other out at the workplace, nosy neighbours, sport scolarships, political correctness, fixation on "freedom" and liberating the world, compulsory smiles, fart jokes and many other things.
    Вау, будто сам написал. Если два разных человека думают одно и то же, то видимо так оно и есть на самом деле. Разве что про систему образования не совсем понятно. Что с ней не так?

Quote Originally Posted by Юрка
    Точно. У меня знакомый уехал из Питера в Канаду. Потом приехал в гости обратно. Выглядел как и 10 лет назад: джинсы, кроссовки. А его друзья в костюмах и при директорских должностях.
    Ну, один человек не показатель. Да и все сами прекрасно знают, что в России больше получают те, кто меньше всего знает и/или те, кому совесть позволяет зарабатывать нечестно. Ну и конечно же "связи" - главный показатель "успешности" человека в России. Я не могу говорить о других странах, поскольку сам кроме России нигде не был, так что это просто факт, не носящий сравнительного характера.
    English as a Second Language by Jeff McQuillan and Lucy Tse.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12