Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Домашние обязанности и традиции в разных странах

Почтенный гражданин
    ha hah....My sister usually cooks in our household, and us men usually do the dishes to show our appreciation for her work. It's always been that way for us...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lena View Post
    Oh, I have to apologize, Joy. That's perhaps the only thing I I don't like about this site. People are faceless here. I definitely feel uncomfortable being unaware of a person's gender, country of living, native language, target language, age (at least approximately, like 20-30 or 30-40).

Btw, the Russian language has its advantages over English in this regard. If Joy were Russian she would say in her post #13

После того, как я вчера вернулась, я думаю, я так наелась, что заснула.

instead of the original

After I got back last night I think I ate so much that I was falling asleep.

And I would be certain of her gender.
    That is something that you will get used to after a while. I actually welcomed it when I was learning English. My first language is Spanish and those words have gender.

Quote Originally Posted by kgcole View Post
    ha hah....My sister usually cooks in our household, and us men usually do the dishes to show our appreciation for her work. It's always been that way for us...lol
    I wanna come live with you guys!!!
    Вот потому, что вы говорите то, что не думаете, и думаете то, что не думаете, вот в клетках и сидите. И вообще, весь этот горький катаклизм, который я здесь наблюдаю, и Владимир Николаевич тоже…

Lena
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyan View Post
    That is something that you will get used to after a while. I actually welcomed it when I was learning English. My first language is Spanish and those words have gender.
    I got used to the absense of genders in the English language long ago and have been taking it for granted since then. It is absense of the most essential information about a person in their profiles that confuses and embarrases me.

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborski View Post
    Маркус - какой ты молодец!!! Твоя жена наверное очень благодарная!
    Thank you! I don't have a wife yet. The short form must be used here благодарна, the long form means that it is a general feature of her personality.

I don’t think Marcus’s wife sticks to such brutal methods. I’m sure she motivates him in a more delicate way.
    It turned out that Marcus pulls the ‘single harness’ for now; and, trust me, doing dishes is a piece of cake most of the time in the case. Anyway, I’m happy to learn that you prefer ‘velvet gloves’ approach rather than brute force in male conditioning. Still, I can’t resist asking you how many husbands have you tamed with Pavlovian approach thus far?

Lena
    Quote Originally Posted by diogen_ View Post
    I’m happy to learn that you prefer ‘velvet gloves’ approach rather than brute force in male conditioning. Still, I can’t resist asking you how many husbands have you tamed with Pavlovian approach thus far?
    We are elaborating and testing our theory on cats so far, as it is usually done with mice in labs. We avoid getting over to males too fast. What if it may be harmful to them in some way? We stick to the humanistic approach.

Подающий надежды оратор Red Square's Avatar
    I do not mind doing the dishes at all, but I prefer to do the laundry.

Lena
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Square View Post
    I do not mind doing the dishes at all, but I prefer to do the laundry.
    A couple of details, please. Do you use a wash-board or a washing machine?

Подающий надежды оратор Red Square's Avatar
    I use washing machine.

Lena
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Square View Post
    I use washing machine.
    Do you really expect women’s commendation doing the laundry in a washing machine? I suspect you also do the dishes in a dishwasher, right?

Deborski, don’t you think that Marcus uses a dishwasher too and we shouldn’t have commended him that highly?

Do you really expect women’s commendation doing the laundry in a washing machine? I suspect you also do the dishes in a dishwasher, right?

Deborski, don’t you think that Marcus uses a dishwasher too and we shouldn’t have commended him that highly?
    Indeed, I would expect that he does!
    Вот потому, что вы говорите то, что не думаете, и думаете то, что не думаете, вот в клетках и сидите. И вообще, весь этот горький катаклизм, который я здесь наблюдаю, и Владимир Николаевич тоже…

Властелин

I don't have a dishwasher.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    Very impressive!

Lena
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    Indeed! Y’all, guys, are lazy. I suspect every time that a girl drops into your place you camouflage the dishwasher as a piece of furniture and pretend being industrious doing the dishes.

Indeed! Y’all, guys, are lazy. I suspect every time that a girl drops into your place you camouflage the dishwasher as a piece of furniture and pretend being industrious doing the dishes.
    LOL, great global label. Sorry, you sound here like an arrant female chauvinist, do you?

We are elaborating and testing our theory on cats so far, as it is usually done with mice in labs. We avoid getting over to males too fast. What if it may be harmful to them in some way? We stick to the humanistic approach.
    Forgive my bluntness, but from your rather obfuscatingly circumlocutional answer to my unambiguously straightforward question, I caught only one hard-core message: as soon as you do away with your research on cats you’ll still be desperately in need of a human male ‘guinea-pig’ to finish it off, otherwise everything goes down the drain with cat sh**….sorry.... feces.))). Am I right?. Are you (We) a pack, btw?

Lena
    obfuscatingly circumlocutional unambiguously straightforward
    Sorry, I cannot answer you immediately. First I have to decipher those terrible words that are longer than my face.

Not all men are lazy. My husband does the dishes and even cooks sometimes. True, he makes a spectacular mess when he cooks, and our kitchen resembles a nuclear test range now, but I am still grateful that he tries!

Something like that...
    I'm easily amused late at night...

obfuscatingly circumlocutional unambiguously straightforward
    Sorry, I cannot answer you immediately. First I have to decipher those terrible words that are longer than my face.
    Long words? must be Russian then...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast