Thread: Would you like to help?

Почётный участник

Would you like to help?

As you know, I run a website with adapted short Russian stories to help people learn the language. It turned out that these stories really help a lot. However, since I can dedicate just a bit of my free time for this site, I can't add new stories as frequently as anyone would like. Hence, I wonder if there is anybody who'd like to help to fill the site with content. I assume that this will be as useful for person who adapts a story, as it will be for the person who reads it. In return, I can suggest just your name and link to your site (if there is any) in each story you publish. Not much, of course, but it's not the main point, isn't it?

Завсегдатай
    I would like to help.
    So all I have to do is make up a story, write it in English and Russian and e-mail it to you?
    Какая разница, умереть богатым или бедным?

Какой толк от богатства если ты не счастлив.

Почётный участник
    Yep, that's right.

There can be two types of stories:

1. As in the section "Russian Tales" (when English translation goes throughout the Russian text) - that's the most helpful for beginners.
    2. Bilingual story (as in section "Parallel Books", when there is a separate English translation for the Russian story) -that's mainly for advanced readers.

Please, contact me via PM or via the site so I give you my contact info.

JJ
    Властелин
    Al, why don't you try so-called "Ilya Frank's method"? I've been studied German for 2 weeks useing this method and I found it interesting. I was trying to check how many words I know yesterday - on every page of my German-Russian dictionary I saw about 1-2-3 words I knew, so my passive vocabular is about 600-1000 words now!
    Gib immer 100% bei der Arbeit: 12% am Montag, 23% am Dienstag, 40% am Mittwoch, 20% am Donnerstag, 5% am Freitag ...

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ
    Al, why don't you try so-called "Ilya Frank's method"? I've been studied German for 2 weeks useing this method and I found it interesting. I was trying to check how many words I know yesterday - on every page of my German-Russian dictionary I saw about 1-2-3 words I knew, so my passive vocabular is about 600-1000 words now!
    Mit der Franks Methode wirst du nur lesen koennen. Wenn du auch sprechen willst, brauchst du die Sprechuebungen.

Почётный участник
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ
    На самом деле сайт посвящен изучению русского именно по методу Ильи Франка Ориентирован, преимущественно, на англоговорящих. Начинал я его для собственного развлечения, а теперь, вижу, дело это нужное. Поэтому и прошу помощи в наполнении его текстиками, адаптированными по этому методу

Почётный участник
    Quote Originally Posted by Indra
    Mit der Franks Methode wirst du nur lesen koennen. Wenn du auch sprechen willst, brauchst du die Sprechuebungen.
    This depends on the person. As for me, this method helped me to speak as well. BTW, I'm not Ilya Frank