View Poll Results: What are you here (on MasterRussian) for?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • friends, penpals

3 8.82%
  • killing my boredom

5 14.71%
  • language exchange

13 38.24%
  • nothing (besides learning a language)

3 8.82%
  • indulging my addiction (yes, I know you are all addicted)

7 20.59%
  • other (explain below)

3 8.82%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are you here for?

What are you here for?

All right, it's that time of the year again (said MasterAdmin having no established tradition in mind) to force our dear users into taking an important poll. It's a no brainer that most people here are for mastering Russian. Basically, the question is as simple as... what are you here for BESIDES learning Russian?
    ~ Мастерадминов Мастерадмин Мастерадминович ~

For every reason listed on the Poll.

Greetings to everyone. For more than two years, I have come to this site for every single reason listed on the Poll.

Mastering the Russian language is one of the final accomplishments of them all.
    If only you could see . . . what I have seen, with your eyes.

А многие здесь просто из желания помочь, поделиться тем, что знают и любят.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

To help people.
    Well, I don't know what to say. I want to say thanks to the Academy, to Mama, to Papa and to my dog. I love you all.

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    The judge gave me the option of 5 years hard labor in prison or to come here to Master Russian. I chose Master Russian but I am not so sure if it was the right decision.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    The judge gave me the option of 5 years hard labor in prison or to come here to Master Russian. I chose Master Russian but I am not so sure if it was the right decision.
    Well, I don't know what to say. I want to say thanks to the Academy, to Mama, to Papa and to my dog. I love you all.

Well, initially I was here for language exchange, but now, I think it's because of the friends too. I hope I managed to make some friends here.
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Властелин
    I take Ramil's position. When I came to this forum in November 2004, which is exactly two years ago, I was looking for a place where I could practise my English and help those who were learning my mother tongue. Now that I've been here for 2 years, I try to find some time to come here just to discuss the latest news or some other controversial and interesting topics and also to help Russian learners. On the basis of what I have just said, I should go for the first and third answers but sadly, I can't choose two answers at a time. That's why I'll go for friends and penpals.
    "A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"
    Mark Twain
    American author/essayist (1835-1910)
    WHSmith

Властелин
    I was browsing the web in search for some Russian-teaching site to help my friend learn Russian. I stumbled upon Masterrussian.com, then I misspelled its address a bit (masterrussian.net) and suddenly saw this forum. Read through some topics and thought it was a good idea to stay here for a while.
    -- Да? Коту Ваське, бл##?
    -- Нет, Я кот Васька :-/

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Tailors
    I was browsing the web in search for some Russian-teaching site to help my friend learn Russian. I stumbled upon Masterrussian.com, then I misspelled its address a bit (masterrussian.net) and suddenly saw this forum. Read through some topics and thought it was a good idea to stay here for a while.
    And you have stayed here for quite a while!
    "A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"
    Mark Twain
    American author/essayist (1835-1910)
    WHSmith

I'm with Red and Ramil on this one. I stumbled on this place looking for info on Russian language, and found that it was the best around.
    Also, I believe that you can't learn a language without trying to understand how the people that are native to the language think, what their world consists of, how they are similar to, and different from myself. This is a nice place to learn about that too.

And I soon discovered that there really some very nice and interesting people posting here. I enjoy their posts and look forward to reading them, even if they have nothing to do with language studies.
    Ой, голова у меня кружится |-P ...... and my brain hurts too....

Завсегдатай
    I'm with no one, because I don't understand English!
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Оля
    I'm with no one, because I don't understand English!
    Нет, как минимум, ты со мной.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Then I found this forum not so long ago, I'd decided that posting here is a good oportunity to restore my almost forgotten English and to help to the best of my poor abilities to foreigners studying Russian. Later I found that there is also a great place here to discuss some questions on politics, culture, latest news, e.t.c with interesting people. So I'm here.
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

Завсегдатай
    Я здесь для того, чтобы читать ваши инстересные сообщения и оставлять сам глупые, неграмотные сообщения, которые полны ошибок (конечно, я намеренно допускаю ошибки для того, чтобы у вас было чем-то заниматься).

Помимо этого, мне нравится помогать русским с английским.

I am here because I love everything about Russia. Period. Isn't that enough?
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie
    I am here because I love everything about Russia. Period. Isn't that enough?
    Everything??? Really??? This is scary...

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    Я здесь для того, чтобы читать ваши инстересные сообщения и самому оставлять _ глупые, неграмотные сообщения, которые полны ошибок (конечно, я намеренно допускаю ошибки для того, чтобы у вас было чем-то заниматься).
    Спасибо, дорогой basurero! Я так люблю исправлять твои ошибки!
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    ...(конечно, я намеренно допускаю ошибки для того, чтобы у вас было чем_ заняться).
    Even here you didn't forget to give your russian colleague a bit of work! Thanks a lot, basurero.
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

Banned
    А я здесь для того чтобы узнать, что это за звери такие - иностранцы,
    и с чем их едят...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast