Thread: What Russian TV series do you follow (or followed?)

Hanna

What Russian TV series do you follow (or followed?)

I've been getting these from the internet:

• Колдовская любовь ("Bewitched Love" Long running TV drama from 2008. ) This is cool, I like it!

• Богатая Маша ("Rich Masha" miniseries)

• Самара городок ("Little Town of Samara" miniseries)

and am trying to watch and follow... it's going so-so, on the whole, I know what's going on, but I am missing some details because there are no subtitles:

Hanna
    Thanks! I would really like to try to subtitle an episode of this series, just to see how much I am able to understand, correctly... It would probably take a very long time though...... Will write more in the other thread - I am definitely a fan of this series and I just realised there is a second series.

I followed only 3 Russian TV series for last 10 years:

Brigada (about 90s mafia - epic, best of all, but I'm afraid it's more guy's stuff).

Master and Margarita (miniseries based on Bulgakov's famous novel - good director, good actors, but I didn't like it. I watched it because of another movie based on another Bulgakov's novel by the same director: Hart of the Dog, wich is really epic and I highly recommend it).

Isaev (miniseries based on Julian Semenov's novels, prequel to Seventeen Moments of Spring. I watched it because I'm a fan of Semenov's novels and know almost by heart the ones on wich the series are based. Acting is really good, but I didn't like how they changed the story line due to current political views).

Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

Quote Originally Posted by Basil77 View Post
    ...I watched it because of another movie based on another Bulgakov's novel by the same director: Hart of the Dog, wich is really epic and I highly recommend it).
    Собачье сердце is truly great!

Собачье сердце Eng. subbed. whole film at YouTube - SimonSezam's Channel

Last edited by Seraph; December 2nd, 2010 at 12:01 AM.

I hardly follow any TV series but if I switch on my TV and encounter an episode of "Интерны" (in English "Interny") I don't mind to watch it. It is a stupid but really fun sitcom.
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

I think this one was the first in a long time I actually enjoyed (the link is in Russian).
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCup View Post
    I hardly follow any TV series but if I switch on my TV and encounter an episode of "Интерны" (in English "Interny") I don't mind to watch it. It is a stupid but really fun sitcom.
    It seems to be a humorous parody of House M.D.

I thought House M.D. is a parody of something else.

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramil View Post
    I thought House M.D. is a parody of something else.
    What exactly? I have no idea...

I've no idea, but I find the whole thing too funny to be something serious.

Властелин
    I've no idea, but I find the whole thing too funny to be something serious.
    Yeah, bleeding insides, pins inside a skull, failing liver are really funny, I guess...

Yeah, but each episode feels artificial, it's not natural, I don't believe in these bleedings, pains and livers to be real. It's some weird black comedy. If you add backgound laughter to it the picture would be complete.

House is a drug addicted maniac, his helpers are idiots, and no hospital on earth would tolerate him longer than half an hour. More than that - no hospital on earth would see this number of weird diseases and illnesses in its entire history, but this one appears to have a new patient each day.

I don't belive in it (c) Stanislavsky.

Властелин
    Yeah, but each episode feels artificial, it's not natural, I don't believe in these bleedings, pains and livers to be real. It's some weird black comedy. If you add backgound laughter to it the picture would be complete.

House is a drug addicted maniac, his helpers are idiots, and no hospital on earth would tolerate him longer than half an hour. More than that - no hospital on earth would see this number of weird diseases and illnesses in its entire history, but this one appears to have a new patient each day.

I don't belive in it (c) Stanislavsky.
    A drug addicted maniac who can solve really difficult and complicated cases when other doctors just give up would really be tolerated. And patients from other hospitals where no one ever saw something like their symptom set would be transferred to the hospital with the maniac. =)

I thought your point was the serial had no true medical background... By the way, what do you think about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric C. View Post
    A drug addicted maniac who can solve really difficult and complicated cases when other doctors just give up would really be tolerated. And patients from other hospitals where no one ever saw something like their symptom set would be transferred to the hospital with the maniac. =)
    Yeah, because the producers want it to be this way. Of course, if the public eats that and demands more -- why not?

I thought your point was the serial had no true medical background... By the way, what do you think about that?
    Such serials is a chewing gum for your brain generally. I have no medical education and I cannot judge just how professional the characters are, but this is not why people watch it. They watch them for the same reason they watch horror movies. The pain of other people is fascinating to watch, isn't it? Haven't you noticed that nearly all episodes have the same plot? A difficult patient comes, they ponder upon the symptoms for about 30 minutes nearly killing the patient in the process, then House gets struck with an idea and he saves yet anoter victim of the plot. I watched 3-4 episodes and I yawned through all of them because I knew right from the beginning what would happen next. The producers should have maintained deaths/saves ratio at about 50/50. This a) would make the whole thing a bit more realistic and b) people would watch it anyway because they like to watch at someone else's tragedy.
    Well, my opinion is that there's much more sense in horror movies, in soap operas even than in House M.D.

Новичок
    actually, the inspiration for house (md) is Sherlock Holmes. Интерны is the russian version of scrubs. i love scrubs but cant watch more than 2 minutes of Interni, just not my cup of tea i guess

Завсегдатай
    The pain of other people is fascinating to watch, isn't it? [...] people would watch it anyway because they like to watch at someone else's tragedy.
    Well, my opinion is that there's much more sense in horror movies, in soap operas even than in House M.D.
    Ugh... Is that's why people watch House in your opinion?

Personally I was not interested all that much in the medical aspect of the show. It was just a background. I liked watching House bickering with Wilson and terrorising his team and/or patients. He has a sense of humor that appeals to me. Patients? I usually forgot them as soon as episode ended, and sometimes even earlier.

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by gRomoZeka View Post
    Ugh... Is that's why people watch House in your opinion?

Personally I was not interested all that much in the medical aspect of the show. It was just a background. I liked watching House bickering with Wilson and terrorising his team and/or patients. He has a sense of humor that appeals to me. Patients? I usually forgot them as soon as episode ended, and sometimes even earlier.
    I basically agree. This series is all about human interaction, and House is an interesting specimen of human being to watch. The hospital is just the setting for the human drama/comedy that takes place there.
    But how come we are discussing House in a thread dedicated to Russian TV series?

Hanna
    I think hospital series are boring and too formulaic.
    But what's going on with the Russian doctors on the cover of the "Интерны" DVD. No hats? think those hats are class, it's a pity if they've been dropped.