Please correct my English

The hanging ones? Opossums, I think.
    Семь бед, один Reset

Cool guys!

Thanks
    Deborski and UhOhXplode like this.
    Please correct my English

Старший оракул
    The creatures in the cartoon seem to have furry tails. If they do, they are possums.

"Possessing a furry tail, the true possum belongs to the Phalangeridae family within the Marsupialia order and is primarily found in New Guinea, Australia, Indonesia and other islands in the Pacific region. With their signature bare tail, the opossum is North America’s only known marsupial"
    Possum and opossum, is one correct? The answer may surprise | The Hot Word | Hot & Trending Words Daily Blog at Dictionary.com

That scene is from Bambi, one of my favorite childhood films. Yes, they are opossums.
    Вот потому, что вы говорите то, что не думаете, и думаете то, что не думаете, вот в клетках и сидите. И вообще, весь этот горький катаклизм, который я здесь наблюдаю, и Владимир Николаевич тоже…

Quote Originally Posted by E-learner View Post
    The creatures in the cartoon seem to have furry tails. If they do, they are possums.

"Possessing a furry tail, the true possum belongs to the Phalangeridae family within the Marsupialia order and is primarily found in New Guinea, Australia, Indonesia and other islands in the Pacific region. With their signature bare tail, the opossum is North America’s only known marsupial"
    Note that Bambi, the book, was by Austrian writer Felix Salten and presumably took place in a European forest -- but the famous Disney adaptation included New World animals that aren't native to Europe -- including the bare-tailed o/possums seen in the photos above, and the black-and-white striped skunk named "Flowers".

In US English, the forms "opossum" and "possum" are generally interchangeable and either one can be used correctly in reference to the N. American species, which is sometimes known as the Virginia opossum. And, yes, we actually do have quite a lot of them in Virginia where I live, although you can find them throughout the eastern US and Mexico.

PS. Adult possums are extremely good tree-climbers -- trust me, I've seen them near my house! -- but they do NOT hang by their tails (their tails aren't strong enough to hold up the weight of their bodies). However, as seen in Soft Sign's photo, very young possums are able to hang by their tails.

Incidentally, a lot of people say that possums look like big, ugly rats -- but unlike rats and other wild animals, possums are rather harmless to humans because they don't carry diseases like rabies or plague. However, they DO like to eat fruits and flowers -- for which reason gardeners consider them serious pests.
    Lampada, Soft sign and UhOhXplode like this.
    Говорит Бегемот: "Dear citizens of MR -- please correct my Russian mistakes!"

Старший оракул
    Quote Originally Posted by Throbert McGee View Post
    Incidentally, a lot of people say that possums look like big, ugly rats
    "Alien rats", even:

They are kinda cool but never let them get in the house. Those little hands are a lot stronger than they look and they can get out of your hands if you don't hold them tight. But I've never been bitten by one. When you get them cornered and start to pick them up, they open their mouths wide and hiss but even when my hands are close to their mouths, they never tried to bite me. Sometimes they roll over and play dead but not very often.
    We have lots of possums here (with bare tails) but they never eat the veggies if there's dog food. They like that more.
    We also have deer, coyotes, skunks, and racoons. I shot these 2 pictures last summer - or maybe the summer before that. I was feeding the racoons catfood, lol!

Lampada likes this.