Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: September 11th. A sad date.

Quote Originally Posted by rin81
    Quote Originally Posted by Бармалей
    kick-to-the-balls = ударь ногой яичков (ударь ногой по яичкам (по яйцам - дательный падеж(кому? чему?) если не ошибаюсь))

коз*л *банный = well, I think you get this part...
    My friend was near from NY when airplans attacks WTC. I worried about her but she wrote me that she is ok. She wrote people in the USA exasperated aganist arabs and moslems.
    The very thing that attack was for in the first place. To seed an antagonism between nations to play with.
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Увлечённый спикер
    Exactly 1 week before the 9/11 attacks occurred, I had been at the World Trade Center. It was a beautiful day - a clear blue sky, just like it had been on 9/11, though it was hot. I had gone with a group of people who were from my gym's trampoline team. My brother was on the trampoline team and I, as well as my mom, had been invited to come, along with a few other parents of the team members. I remember the towers were so tall. My brother explained them as being "neck breaking height". There was a fountain in between the 2 towers that had a sculpture of a globe - it was a really beautiful fountain. Everyone wanted to make the long venture up to the observation deck on top except for my mother. For some reason, she kept saying, "something doesn't seem right. We shouldn't be here. We should leave." (She described it as a 6th sense and didn't know why she had felt that way. -- She didn't know 9/11 would happen though.) What she said didn't at all make sense to anyone, but 1 week later, we eerily knew why.

I was in school when the attacks happened. Both of my parents had watched the 2nd plane (LIVE! coverage) hit the 2nd tower on TV. I didn't feel or hear anything, but many students said the windows rattled in the school. I live 45 minutes from NY in New Jersey, but from the shore near my house, you can see lower Manhattan. Coverage was shown for days, and it never really truly seemed real to me.

I eventually visited Ground Zero last summer, but still couldn't really grasp that it had happened, even as I stared at this enormous hole in the ground. I guess one would have had to actually see the event in person to actually realize it could happen. But yesterday, as I watched the family members who had lost their loved ones, tears streamed down my face, finally grasping the reality of it all.

On 9/10 and 9/11, I watched the new controversial 5 hour movie "The Path to 9/11" and truly realized what kind of danger the US is really in. It has so much more to do with the war in Iraq. I knew this before, but seeing the events that lead to 9/11, emphasized the danger even more.
    Если я ошибаюсь, исправляйте меня, пожалуйста.

Подающий надежды оратор
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramil
    The very thing that attack was for in the first place. To seed an antagonism between nations to play with.
    My english is very bad. I understood you Ramil. Please, explane me this sentence:"The very thing that attack was for in the first place". I beg you pardon me if i say somethin else. I dont want to give offence someone.
    Please, correct me if i make a mistake.

Старший оракул
    My english is very bad. I understood you Ramil. Please, explane me this sentence:"The very thing that attack was for in the first place". I beg you pardon me if i say somethin else. I dont want to give offence someone.
    I'm not sure, but I think Ramil means: "The first aim of the attack was to seed an antagonism between nations. This attack was aimed to lead nations to a quarrel."
    Could you please occasionally correct my stupid errors!
    Korrigiert bitte ab und zu meine dummen Fehler!

Та самая вещь, ради которой атака и задумывалась в первую очередь.

Почётный участник
    Well, i know it is all very sad, but it should be blamed on that stupid president. In Europe we all hate him! In the UK also(at least in Scotland) the people are now blaming America as getting britain involved with this war. Although it was Tony Blair's fault. (People i am not a political genius) just giving my opinion, incase anybody tries to quote me and find some evidence to prove i'm wrong on some website! heh GET RID OF BUSH! He is stupid! DIE BUSH! I know that is harsh, but he makes a lot of europeans dislike America, and Americans. I have seen this is Scotland, Lithuania and Spain!

I was speaking with my Grandmother in Ukraine, okay so she is old...going crazy but still, she thinks that George Bush knew already this was going to happen. And Airport Security there! HA!

There was a great programme on last week about 9/11, can't remember how it was called, but was very good. Interesting. Many people here also believe that the plane never hit the Pentagon, but it was a bomb because no plane parts were to be found in the Pentagon!

Hmm, all very suspicious! Do you all want rid of Bush?

Завсегдатай
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanushki
    Well, i know it is all very sad, but it should be blamed on that stupid president. In Europe we all hate him! In the UK also(at least in Scotland) the people are now blaming America as getting britain involved with this war. Although it was Tony Blair's fault. (People i am not a political genius) just giving my opinion, incase anybody tries to quote me and find some evidence to prove i'm wrong on some website! heh GET RID OF BUSH! He is stupid! DIE BUSH! I know that is harsh, but he makes a lot of europeans dislike America, and Americans. I have seen this is Scotland, Lithuania and Spain!

I was speaking with my Grandmother in Ukraine, okay so she is old...going crazy but still, she thinks that George Bush knew already this was going to happen. And Airport Security there! HA!

There was a great programme on last week about 9/11, can't remember how it was called, but was very good. Interesting. Many people here also believe that the plane never hit the Pentagon, but it was a bomb because no plane parts were to be found in the Pentagon!

Do you realise that on the flip side of the coin that incredibly ill-informed opinions like the ones here cause "Americans" to dislike "Europeans"? Crack-pot "theories" and vitrolic hatred of a person don't really form a very good impression of the "continent," which then leads to the various bandying about on "Eurotrash" etc.
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

Quote Originally Posted by Бармалей

Do you realise that on the flip side of the coin that incredibly ill-informed opinions like the ones here cause "Americans" to dislike "Europeans"? Crack-pot "theories" and vitrolic hatred of a person don't really form a very good impression of the "continent," which then leads to the various bandying about on "Eurotrash" etc.
    What does the red word mean?

Завсегдатай
    Maybe vitriolic?

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by gRomoZeka
    Maybe vitriolic?
    Ah, the native speaker is schooled again...

Старший оракул
    May be "vitriolic" - "резкий", "едкий".
    "vitriolic hatred" - что-то вроде выражения - "лютая ненависть"
    Could you please occasionally correct my stupid errors!
    Korrigiert bitte ab und zu meine dummen Fehler!

Quote Originally Posted by Guin
    May be "vitriolic" - "резкий", "едкий".
    "vitriolic hatred" - что-то вроде выражения - "лютая ненависть"
    Thanks

Почтенный гражданин
    i hope this event won't re-occur so as not to U.S to destroy the whole world
    Главное что есть ты у меня...

Увлечённый спикер

Ok, I certainly don't agree with with Bush's policy, but to say he is at fault for what happened on 9/11 is just plain stupid. Sorry, you obviously don't really know the facts. After the 1993 terrorist attack on the WTC, which by the way, was during the CLINTON administration, the terrorists planned to try to make those towers fall again. They tested various strategies, including on an Asian airline... I'm sorry but do any Asian countries have anything to do with the war in Iraq? Um, no!

Clinton had 3 opportunities to have bin Laden killed and never gave the orders to do so. There are also many other events in the past which cause this animosity between the US and the Arab population...

By the way, many of Arab terrorists believe this is Jihad, which means a war against infidels -- meaning people who do not have their beliefs and outlook on life. So anyone who is not Muslim, these terrorists hate. I'm sure the true Muslim religion does not condone such behavior, as I have several friends who are Muslim. The terrorists have a sick perversion of their religion and take to heart what is said in the Koran. In the book of Genesis, God tells Christians to stone people, etc for their wrong doings and I don't see them taking this literally.

By the way, if Europeans don't like the American people for the political decisions its GOVERNMENT has made, which they don't support, then they are the stupid ones. They need to learn to seperate the public from their government.

Завсегдатай
    In case anyone's interested, here's some really good home-made video footage that I came across. IT IS DISTURBING SO DON'T WATCH IT IF YOU AREN'T PREPARED.

http://www.revver.com/view.php?id=59686

Увлечённый спикер
    There were alot of home videos of that day... they showed many of them on TV.

Увлечённый спикер
    There is finally more security on the airlines...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060915/ap_ ... _air_cargo

Увлечённый спикер
    Very touching letters from Marines.

http://www.pbase.com/kburch/dear_america

I personally know a few Marines and they say they would go back because they loved how it felt to help others.

Подающий надежды оратор
    Та самая вещь, ради которой атака и задумывалась в первую очередь.
    Thaks for translation.
    Please, correct me if i make a mistake.

Завсегдатай
    That video is extremely painful to watch.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast