View Poll Results: What is she? The answer is gender sensitive.

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beautiful ( women’ vote)

1 3.57%
  • Ugly ( women’ vote)

1 3.57%
  • Ordinary ( women’ vote)

4 14.29%
  • I have no idea whom you are talking about. ( women’ vote)

2 7.14%
  • Beautiful (men’s vote)

1 3.57%
  • Ugly (men’s vote)

8 28.57%
  • Ordinary (men’s vote)

8 28.57%
  • Who the **** is she? (men’s vote)

3 10.71%

Thread: Sarah Jessica Parker

Старший оракул

Sarah Jessica Parker

What would you, people, say about her?
    You may remember her from such films as Sex and the City (can’t boast I’ve ever seen any of those) and Failure to Launch (which has just been on TV, about an hour ago).
    I’m going to mute my opinion about the matter for the time being so as to not somehow tip the balance in one way or the other.

Re: Sarah Jessica Parker

I wanna cookie...
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Завсегдатай

I probably should have voted for "I have no idea whom you are talking about", because I thought that I knew her, but apparently I confused Sarah with another actress who played Audrey in "24" (they look terribly alike). Oh, well.. I'll share my opinion on her appearance anyway.

First, "ordinary" does not fit at all. She has a very charactery, interesting face. But I would not dare to call her ugly or beautiful, because these adjectives are too straightforward. I need more epithets here.. Um.. refinedly ugly? unconventionally beautiful? ....
    With face like this her mannerisms are what really matters, and they will affect the way other people percive her. And since I have not seen "Sex and the City", and she's not Audrey (dammit!), I have not decided how to vote yet. )))

Старший оракул

Ordinary, she doesn't look any way special to me. Neither beautiful nor ugly for any significant extent.
    http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...us/mage7yu.jpg
    God granted me the serenity to accept the things
    I cannot change
    Courage to change the things I can
    And wisdom to know the difference

she has a distinctive look, wouldn't call it beautiful by any stretch. I could see her splitting the vote. It depends on your taste, I think some will find her ugly, some beautiful and some ordinary. To me she's OK, nothing I'd go out of my way to look at, but I wouldn't call her ordinary.
    Кому - нары, кому - Канары.

I am not quite sure what does word "beautiful" mean. For me she is not attractive in any way, but her face is special, yes. Something from Renaissance. I was able to remember this face. Good for an actress.
    "Россия для русских" - это неправильно. Остальные-то чем лучше?

Старший оракул

Quote Originally Posted by it-ogo
    I am not quite sure what [s:1mj2jfan]does[/s:1mj2jfan] the word "beautiful" means.
    We're all almost friends here.

I don’t know where to begin explaining to you what the word could possibly stand for.
    «Я часто бываю на Рязанщине, на Брянщине, на Смоленщине.
    А тянет к женщине!». Я знаю, что ты знаешь Винокура.
    It’s not like I love you as a child could love his mother or a soldier his homeland, it’s like hey, dude, get a load of this chick, isn’t she …?

Quote Originally Posted by alexB
    Quote Originally Posted by it-ogo
    I am not quite sure what [s:1sif7h5k]does[/s:1sif7h5k] the word "beautiful" means.
    O_o
    Are you sure?
    "Россия для русских" - это неправильно. Остальные-то чем лучше?

Почётный участник

[quote=it-ogo]
    Quote Originally Posted by alexB
    Quote Originally Posted by "it-ogo":opk447ae
    I am not quite sure what [spk447ae]does[/spk447ae] the word "beautiful" means.
    O_o
    Are you sure?[/quotepk447ae]

Yeah, alexB is correct.

As a standalone sentence: "What does слово mean?" But when it's part of something larger: "He couldn't tell me what слово means." "Could you tell me what слово means?" "Try as I might, I never figured out what слово means."

Anyway, about SJP: whenever these kinds of debates come up, we have to decide what kind of scale of attractiveness we are talking about. Are we talking about beautiful relative to most actresses and singers? Or are we talking about beauty relative to real life? I don't find her especially attractive compared to other stars, but that's not a reasonable scale. Guys who post on message boards can be notoriously picky, though.
    Пожалуйста, исправляйте мои бесконечные ошибки!

Okay, I actually have met the SJP in person, up-close. The girls worked for her on a TV show for a day (she was the producer). What she lacks in the beauty department she makes up for in her personality. She was very down to earth, had no make-up on, was in street clothes and just like a regular Joe. She let the crew eat before her and ate WITH the crew not anywhere special. And she was great with the girls and other kids on set. I give her two major thumbs up for all of that

She has also been in Hocus Pocus & Footloose.
    I only speak two languages, English and bad English.
    Check out the MasterRussian Music Playlist
    Click here for list of Russian films with English subtitles and links to watch them.

Hanna

Quote Originally Posted by gRomoZeka
    And since I have not seen "Sex and the City", and she's not Audrey (dammit!), I have not decided how to vote yet. )))
    Wow, you never saw it!!???
    There was a time when you could not meet your female friends without discussing the latest episode... It was just SO big...

The reason women watched it was that as a woman you can "identify" with one of the characters.... Like; Are you a tough and smart career woman, a "man-eater", a "good / innocent girl" or happy go-lucky shopoholic... ? Or a little bit of all...

The other thing about the series was that between these women they date every "type" of man under the sun... with jobs ranging from plumbers, to billonaires, sports stars, genius scientists, priests and lawyers...

And personalities varying too; from mummy's boys to serial cheater, alcoholic, "Casanova", super macho or very whimpy....
    And the men have every type of problem imaginable... etc.

So basically; any type of relationship, job problem or fashion problem you have ever had is likely to come up at some point..
    Even if you haven't had the problems that are featured, your friends will have experienced it...

That's why it got so popular.

Plus a lot of people watched just to see what clothes the characters wore. It had SERIOUS fashion credentials.

There ARE some references to sex; but no actual sex is explicitly shown and its not the focus of the show.

As you might have guessed, I watched an episode or two....

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia

Not only is she a pig but if she ever opened her mouth to speak in my presence I might become overcome with anger and hit her very hard.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Завсегдатай

Wow, you never saw it!!???
    Ha ha, never.
    I have two seasons on DVD stashed somewhere, but I 've never actually made it to watching it. I guess I'm not in the target audience?.. Though I'll probably give it a chance, just to know what it is about. Now I know with whom to share if I become a fan.

NeD
    Новичок

lol